Home

NBA 2K15 Online League Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Online League Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #137
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Online League Details

I do not understand your participation in this thread, Boilerbuzz. Are you going to quote each and every one of the guys who are disappointed and dissect their messages?

The thing is: it is easy to understand. When you had good modes and they take them away, and some of the options are so EASY to implement and so IMPORTANT for us, you feel hurt. Things like 'this is a game', 'you are not obliged to buy it', 'they work a lot in another modes', 'we are the minority', blablabla, that goes without saying. I do not see why someone would have to state those obvious things before expressing how they feel about a certain videogame.

Having said that, I would like you to put in the shoes of people like us just for a second. We are 30 GMs playing our league with the same rosters and everything for 7 years. And we are people in our late 20-30s that spend a lot of time during the year playing ONLY this game. If there is a missing option as the sliders, we will not be able to carry on with our league, and that is VERY upsetting.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:45 AM   #138
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Well then, friend, maybe you should state it as how you feel, not as fact like you did. There's a difference between saying, "they are disrespecting us. They are not listening to us", versus saying "i feel like they are..."
Don't try to play smart because you won't go anywhere that way... I know hundreds of people I have met over the years playing on very well organized Online Leagues/Associations in several boards, and they all feel the same than me, so yes, I can say we all feel disrespected, so I can say they are disrespecting us, as all the people who play this mode regularly and in a dedicated manner feel like that... got it?.

If you are also a (well organized and with dedicated admins) 30 users online leagues player (I doubt it to be honest) and don't feel the same, ok fine, everyone is entitled to his opinion, but in this case, you are just the exception to the rule...

On the other hand, I've never talked about laziness or things like that, I have a hell of respect for the devs and the producers of a game I love (NBA 2k), in fact I also enjoy playing offline and I know I will savor every hour of MyLeague...

Quote:
And you don't think it works the same way in the games industry as well?
I don't know exactly how it works, it is not my business, yes common sense tell me that they have to care about all their customers, but definitely it's not the same.

You know, NBA basketball and videogames are just two of my main hobbies, and the only thing I can say for now is that, last year, I bought a new system when I read we would have Online Leagues on next-gen, but It was surprising (and extremely dissapointing) the kind of "online leagues" we already got...

Quote:
It also amazes me how hyperbolic people become in some wasted effort to create drama and urgency. "Atrocious decisions" and "unplayable mode" are just so silly and over the top.
In my view, "Unplayable mode" was simply a reality from a SIM perspective (somthing that I take for granted here at OS), How can I simulate a real NBA league when I can not change the Quarter length from 6 mins? (just to start with something).

Quote:
I agree that when you don't get direct answers, it's a good chance that the answer isn't the one you want to hear. But to use a no-response from an person not authorized to answer the question (Leftos works on the franchise features, remember?) is a little unfair isn't it?
Well, that's your interpretation. I just wanted to point out the usual "no answers" then "not in the game" correspondence. Leftos is a guy I really like and respect (especially being a software engineer as myself) and appreciate a lot his interaction with the sim community...

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 09-29-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:38 AM   #139
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
I do not understand your participation in this thread, Boilerbuzz. Are you going to quote each and every one of the guys who are disappointed and dissect their messages?

The thing is: it is easy to understand. When you had good modes and they take them away, and some of the options are so EASY to implement and so IMPORTANT for us, you feel hurt. Things like 'this is a game', 'you are not obliged to buy it', 'they work a lot in another modes', 'we are the minority', blablabla, that goes without saying. I do not see why someone would have to state those obvious things before expressing how they feel about a certain videogame.

Having said that, I would like you to put in the shoes of people like us just for a second. We are 30 GMs playing our league with the same rosters and everything for 7 years. And we are people in our late 20-30s that spend a lot of time during the year playing ONLY this game. If there is a missing option as the sliders, we will not be able to carry on with our league, and that is VERY upsetting.
Agreed lmaoo he keeps taking on the weight of the world for developers who can easily chime in and fight there on fight!! He 's probably a fan of another mode who doesn't understand why we don't just shut up and take it!! It's sad at this point!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:54 AM   #140
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wow. The parroting is in full effect tonight, huh? .

Dude, I don't think you're even following the right conversation.
Funny thing is I wonder if you're on payroll for vc!?? Seems like you choose to be an apologist for all things wrong with two k!! My prior posts on this forum stated my opinion! Stop stating facts if you have none!! Your opinion is just that an opinion, just as the people who are opposed to this decision n this direction they're taking with the mode! My conversation was geared toward who it needed to be geared to, don't recall quoting you so ironically it seems you are in the wrong conversation!! Hope they make it worth your while to waive the Pom poms!!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #141
Banned

OVR: 7

2k please give these people a fantasy draft option because you'll never hear the end of this. It will be 2017 and still "hey doyou remember 2k15? There was no fantasy draft. .."

Just fix it to end this lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #142
Rookie

No Fantasy drafts? How are we going backwards with technology?
So many great things over the years have been taken away and
been replaced with useless stuff it's disheartening.

I don't think I ever played an online league where people didnt
go ghost after a few games anyways.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #143
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
My participation was initially to talk about a mode I want to play. One poster jumps in and says that the ARE being ignored and disrespected. Not that they FEEL ignored and disrespected. Two totally different statement where one is stating VC's motivations and decision making as fact. I called him on it. In the meantime, a couple of people jump in a pod start parroting, at the same time seeming to imply that I was a blind apologist, when I made no references at all to disagreeing with the point missing or removed features. Only the assertion that it was a disrespect to the fans. That's it! And I called them on that.

Quote:
I understand that and agree. If you read my posts, you would see that. It understandable to feel that way. I feel that way about MyCareer. I've stated this many times. But I've NEVER implied that 2K just gives me the middle finger. With all that they are doing moving things over from old gen to next gen, some stuff is still left behind. That's life. They don't have time to move everything over in the shortened dev cycle. Don't assume features are copy and paste.

Quote:
What makes you think I'm NOT in your shoes? That's the funny part: I am. But in not starting a lynch mob because of it, that's all.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #144
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxsc
Agreed lmaoo he keeps taking on the weight of the world for developers who can easily chime in and fight there on fight!! He 's probably a fan of another mode who doesn't understand why we don't just shut up and take it!! It's sad at this point!
If you really believe that, you would be fired if you were one of them. It does them NO good to get in these kinds of discussions. They are smart enough to know that and doesn't say much about you to think that they should do that. I'm a HUGE fan of any kind of association mode and I would LOVE to play THIS one as a stop gap. I do NOT say shut up and take it. I say, don't assume that feature x isn't there because 2K just wants to say "**** you". Is that hard to understand?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »