Home

Check out Pharrell Williams in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Check out Pharrell Williams in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Why are we analyzing this so deeply? It's just a cool extra. Like an Easter Egg in a game. It doesn't effect the game or gameplay in any way. If you don't like it cool, move on. If you do, show your friends and then move on. It's just a little extra. You know how 2K does. We don't have to analyze everything to the death. I mean, if it was gameplay or features in a mode etc. I understand but wow.
Exactly!!! They act like its the end of the world... This place used to have sensible comments it's getting ridiculous now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2
That hat makes him look like an idiot.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #43
Pro

Re: Check out Pharrell Williams in NBA 2K15

Not exactly deep analysis to recognize the continuation of an unfortunate trend that was pervasive all throughout 2K14.

It's totally possible to have celebrity cameos and cool extras and voice acted dialogue without it being forced or unrealistic. 2K seems not to have figured it out yet however.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #44
Rookie

The voice sounds kind of cheesy
Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #45
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I hate what OS and video gaming in general has become. Granted the VO work could be a lot better, but it's a basketball video game. This isn't the Halo series or Metal Gear, it's a basketball game. I saw people complaining about the coaching thing in the other thread. Like seriously? They took the time to add in some extra stuff that are nice little touches to the career mode and we're finding reason to complain about it? If they left it the same we'd be bitching about them not doing anything to improve the mode. They improve the mode with some of this stuff and we still bitch about it. We've just seemed to reach this point where there's nothing they can do to get a positive response out of some people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #46
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

Surprised this thread is 5 pages deep.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #47
Banned

Video games are finally understood as a respected art form and hobby. They are interactive movies, virtual realities. The reason that we scrutinize these sorts of tactics and gimmicks in our games is because it detracts from that growth and respect that gaming has earned over the last few decades. How could anyone watch this piece and not think to themselves that the voice over work needs to be improved? Could the not do a second take? I just don't get it. Would you not be a little put off if you were watching a basketball movie with dialogue like this? Games industry makes more money than Hollywood these days. It's time for the developers to take the games as seriously as the gamers do. Gamers are no longer just teenagers and younger. Many of us are older and have families, and higher standards to create an immersive experience. I say, get these scripted segments correct or scrap them all together.

Last edited by ImaFreeThinker; 09-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I hate what OS and video gaming in general has become. Granted the VO work could be a lot better, but it's a basketball video game. This isn't the Halo series or Metal Gear, it's a basketball game. I saw people complaining about the coaching thing in the other thread. Like seriously? They took the time to add in some extra stuff that are nice little touches to the career mode and we're finding reason to complain about it? If they left it the same we'd be bitching about them not doing anything to improve the mode. They improve the mode with some of this stuff and we still bitch about it. We've just seemed to reach this point where there's nothing they can do to get a positive response out of some people.
I mean this in a healthy way, but I do not think there was ever a time where everyone loved everything being added to a sports video game here, and that's okay. It feels virtually impossible for a game to appeal to everyone's senses in every single regard.

That said, I also have never really felt reasonable criticism was an issue. I suppose random posts of "Sux, no buy" would wear out their welcome quickly. But if an addition to a game we enjoy hits us in a negative way, and we're on a message board where things like this are discussed, it might be reasonable to comment and perhaps suggest how one feels it could have been done better, no?

In this case, it's a small addition but not all small additions are good. It seems as though folks have used logical explanations of such opinions. If it was Pharrell popping up in a realistic manner, where there wasn't awfully written and performed dialogue and my likeness wasn't forced to talk in a manner completely divorced from any form of reality in a game whose goal has been to simulate reality, I think a lot of us would then find such a small addition to be positive.

As it stands, it merely serves as another small detail that helps illustrate a larger issue many have with the direction of MyPlayer. As I said in my original post, I respect that some people like it and I'm glad this type of thing has not carried over into the rest of the game (which seemed to be a legitimate concern before MyLeague's introduction) but I do not think that means we must ignore our reasonable thoughts and feelings on a matter. A negative response does not mean it's a big deal or that serious. It's just, a negative response, perhaps backed by reason. And that's okay.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-24-2014 at 11:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »