Home

Check out Pharrell Williams in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Check out Pharrell Williams in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #97
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

OVR: 0
Yup Pharrell, that is how dumb you really look in that hat!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What if some players 'wish fulfillment' is the fame aspect of being an NBA superstar? What if chopping it up with stars before games, having interations with stars etc is an important part of the experience for them?
Of course it is. And it's great of 2K to provide that. In fact, it's pretty amazing. However, it's not "having interactions with the stars" if you're not given some freedom and your onscreen representation isn't at least as unobtrusively not-you as possible.

My point is all the immersion breaking intrusions make such great additions less impactful. As is a linear story rather than interactions coming and going situationally and conditionally throughout your career as things to discover-- where they are part of your career in every sense, rather than your career being a set up to a predictable script.

Quote:
As far as your question...the main focus of the mode for me will be doing well on the court and building my character...not if his mannerisms or attitude sync up with mine....if I took thay attitude with video games I wouldnt play half the video games ive played....not every game is mass effect where I can control every aspect of my characters personality...and with the main focus being the basketball court, it'll bother me even less...
That's fine it doesn't bother you. It reason it bothers some of us is because it seems to diverge from the solid foundation that used to exist for a less authentic one, when some of the additions are jarring and of shaky quality, and when it could be something better than both what we had then and what we have now.

Some of us don't offer critiques for their own sake, but because we love the franchise and want to improve. We offer input when things seem to I a bit sideways. Sometimes, it even works (like it did for the guys who got us MyLeague).

Last edited by Sundown; 09-26-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
It's kind of like, if 2K11 had their famous Michael Jordan "Are You Ready" intro but instead of the "Are You Ready" line, Michael said, "Let's get it crackin', cause this joint gonna be hot!" Would the intro still be a great idea? Surely. Might some folks have objected to such execution? Likely so.
2K11 did just about everything with style and class. Like it or not, it also had the closest thing to a realistic draft process and being in the peripheral leagues.

Because at the time, 2K's directive was simply, this is the NBA. Go. They had no illusions then of trying to be anything more than the most basketball it could be. Authentic presentation. AMAZING, understated but mind blowing intro. You're Jordan. That is all. It was a love letter to basketball by and for basketball fans. Even Crew was just basketball in the most straightforwardly engaging way they could think of.

Then this odd element started to emerge around 2k13 with the jarring Jay-Z presentation, the VC severely undermining game and mode balance, the stready whitewashing of MyCareer-- right about when 2K switched to more social network driven marketing rather than just laying out basketball for basketball fans.

In place of Crew, we got the Park-- a tech demo designed to be watched more than played, and seeming to be set up mainly to encourage VC sales in player gear. Not to mention the "Crew is Back" brouhaha, that was just a slightly dressed up Blacktop intentionally meant to be half court 3 on 3. Only for Crew to be "Back" again the year after-- this time unfortunately too late, as it seems many have lost interest or moved on to next gen.

That's why I've felt 2K has seemed schizophrenic the last few years with many of the core elements continuing and exceeding 2K11's direction-- but with this What the? element seeming to find refuge in one mode, feature, or another. Now that it's been excised from the interface, it's made it's home in MyCareer. Fortunately it seems 2K has really ramped it up in the other areas, so I'm not too worried about its future, but there's just an element that's "off" there and I do have to wonder what shape it'll take place in 2K16 with morbid curiosity.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-26-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Check out Pharrell Williams in NBA 2K15

Quick question I hope that somebody can answer. Does the inbound pass after a bucket still take 4 secs (which allows the defense a better position to pressure the passer and steal the ball, or otherwise slow down the offense from burning them)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »