Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
as far as 'game code & logic'...I'm no expert, but I assume a FGA is a FGA is a FGA...
Meaning the game can tell the diff between 2s & 3s but runs are probably coded into the game...
All games have 'COMEBACK AI' but I'm guessing it's just code to create the effect of runs...

Playing in the Park or Online or CPU in 2K there's always a swing of momentum back & forth,
regardless of makes or misses and player ratings...
Watch closely how certain things happen like players don't catch the ball, turnovers, missed layups etc...
]It's programmed to think and act as if there are 'runs'/swings of momentum for each team...

So, even if you dunk everytime or shoot a 3 everytime.
There will be a spurt where you'll miss dunks and 3s. Wide open.
And there will be times you make them well defended.

Apparently this shot meter is supposed to fix that, but I'm sure that momentum code is there so we'll see...
Yea I hope so man. Also does anyone else notice like after a "fake basket" a timeout is usually called(if you leave It on auto) does anyone know what this means or if it will be fixed with the shot meter.? For example a guy can go 0 for 6 for threes wit the rockets but them accidentally shoot a three with Dwight and it goes in. Then a timeout will be taken as if it knew it was wrong. This shot meter sounds like 2k is listening to us players though
Old 09-24-2014, 01:14 AM   #250
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Ok so if i understand this properly. A certain player has a meter with a central release point that is considerd perfect.The players atrributes, type of shot, and ammount of defensive presense effect the timing windows of said shot, but there is still a central release? (Maybe a small window).Seems based on this, guys with poor shot selection can still master thier perfect release timing? I would have hoped this central release would be staggerd to the left or right based on what direction your heading, and or what side the defender is on/closing out contesting from.Disrupting the hold your shot for .82 seconds mastery and adding a more cognitive mastery. (A mid range kobe running fading leaner has a differnt time ing stagger going left or right) then having to ajust that for where the defener is. I believe skill Should be a Big part of the game but it shouldnt overide intelligence and bball iq.If i want to master every type of shot window with a great scorer taking into account the defense or lack there of i SHOULD be able to shoot a high fg% (64ish is highh) lets face it luck is factor in real nba shooting too (however small) but widen the gap in game and add a level of awareness even for shooting. This rant was bassed off my optimism for the new meter mixxed with my frustration of playing park and vs. Online in 14' especially park guys shooting 85% from 3 contested or not

Last edited by City_foxx; 09-24-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #251
Pro

One of the cons one of the people at the 2k house had (I forget his name) was the shot meter. He criticized it to the point where I won't be using it, ever.

I have a feeling this shot meter is similar to the 3 point contest shot meter, which I could not time for the life of me. If it is, I doubt anyone will use it.

I'll use my vision to know when the player should release the ball. I would really love to see player reactions to it when they get their hands on it though.

Also hope a lot of the stuff mentioned in the OT still apply with the meter turned off. I don't want to make every shot just because it's rated 99. Defense and fatigue should still apply

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 09-24-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #252
MVP

jk31's Arena

In a interview with Rob Jones I heard, that if you hit many shots, the area of a perfect timing will decrease. Is that true? If yes...wow...So if my opponent decides to let me shoot open 3s all the time he will get rewarded by the game, because it forces me to miss my very good shots if I hit some before?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
In a interview with Rob Jones I heard, that if you hit many shots, the area of a perfect timing will decrease. Is that true? If yes...wow...So if my opponent decides to let me shoot open 3s all the time he will get rewarded by the game, because it forces me to miss my very good shots if I hit some before?

That's probably the shot fatigue, the more shots you take, the lesser the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #254
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDurant35
That's probably the shot fatigue, the more shots you take, the lesser the window
Tell that to a prime Ray Allen.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #255
Rookie

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Tell that to a prime Ray Allen.

It obviously will vary from player-to-player. Volume shooters will have a larger window of opportunity before it starts to decrease or at a lesser rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #256
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Shot fatigue needs to be more evident on contested shots than wide open shots

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »