Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #129
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

I still don't like how the lighting washes out the colors of the jerseys. Look at the video, especially when it zooms in on Kobe. The black unis look so washed out, almost faded...or gray.

This is how they should look.

This is from 2k14 I believe, but it's the same this year.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #130
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Anything specifically though? I just cross checked many of the players with photo references of them in yellows and the only thing I noticed off was knee pads should be white or black and not red, which has since been fixed (old build).

After the game comes out, I will start some sort of feedback thread where you all can point out things you find off in the roster, but I'll need you to be as specific as possible as opposed to "this is a mess"
I will definitely be contributing to that future thread, Beds. Accessories and shoe accuracy have been two of the weakest aspects of the default roster for some time now.

Nice to know that someone is present to see that concern.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-26-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #131
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere but has the CPU fastbreak defense been tuned? This has been a legacy issue where the recovery speed is unrealistic on HOF/SIM. The CPU reaches speeds the User can't match. Also, does the CPU still run to the short corner on fastbreaks and force up a shot? Both of these issues should be removed by now. Czar, Leftos, and anybody else that could provide an update I would appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #132
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I still don't like how the lighting washes out the colors of the jerseys. Look at the video, especially when it zooms in on Kobe. The black unis look so washed out, almost faded...or gray.

photos aren't reliable either, though. depending on the camera settings, and how much the photographer photoshopped the brightness or color after shooting the photo...most photos you see have been photoshopped and have had their color and brightness changed (darkened or lightened). there are too many variables to know the "true color" or something...unless you see it in person.

even watching a game on TV doesn't necessarily tell you "true color"...the settings on your TV could be darker or the color more intense which could throw off the color...or depending on the cameras that are used to film the game, those could somewhat alter the colors as well...AND there's the lighting in the stadium which can affect how color looks on TV.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-18-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #133
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports

Its actually somewhat worse this year with the new shaders that really crank up the rim lighting. It shows up really strongly on black materials and makes them look dusty, faded, and luminescent.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #134
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Its actually somewhat worse this year with the new shaders that really crank up the rim lighting. It shows up really strongly on black materials and makes them look dusty, faded, and luminescent.
yeah, it's about the lighting and textures used in the game. lighting has a huge affect on how color looks. until the game lighting is 100 percent true to life (which won't be for a while), the colors will never be 100 percent accurate.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #135
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
After the game comes out, I will start some sort of feedback thread where you all can point out things you find off in the roster, but I'll need you to be as specific as possible as opposed to "this is a mess"

Great to know that you'll be on this man, I'll be helping for sure!the bad part is that I guess that we won't be able to edit shoe/sock/team colors ourselves right?

EDIT: and btw, I'm 100% with Factzzz, OKC, IND, CLE, NYK + Pistons "Motor City" alternates should be duplicated and used one for home and 1 for away.

Last edited by seanbarkley; 09-18-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #136
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I will definitely be contributing that future thread, Beds. Accessories and shoe accuracy have been two of the weakest aspects of the default roster for some time.

Nice to know that someone is present to see that concern.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk
I think you'll find them MUCH improved out of the box but I want them as perfect as possible all season long. I'm glad to hear you all are willing to help provide reference and helpful critique when the time comes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »