Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #97
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Yes, you can switch hands. But you don't have the subtle control that would be needed to make it realistic. I can't move the ball slightly toward my back, or turn my body slightly to shield the ball from a defender if I don't want to just switch hands. Some things need to be done automatically in the video game world.

And when you're dribbling in real life, you aren't looking at the ball; you just feel where it is, so your eyes can look around the court and see what's open. In the game, you obviously will never actually feel your dribble, or if you're too close to a defender or teammate, or whatever. You have to see it, which means your eyes are focusing there instead of looking for openings.

Haha. I think you guys are taking it even further than i intended. I'm mostly just referring to certain extreme situations...like when you're driving toward a player at full speed and dribble the ball right into him...haha. you have plenty of time to change the angle of your drive and protect the ball. it just takes a little awareness. I'm not talking about all of the subtle controls you're mentioning (I don't think that will ever really be possible with just a controller thumbstick). i'm just talking about extreme examples like the two i mentioned from the video (dribbling the ball straight into a defender at 4:37, or angling your spin move incorrectly where you dribble the ball right through another player's torso at 8:35...in situations like these you should at least have enough awareness to avoid these things.

also...they do have the "post up" or "protect the ball" option when you want to protect the ball. I use it quite a bit to protect the ball...it's probably not necessary to do that, since the collision physics aren't fully implemented, but I like to play the game as I would in real life.

and I think it would be possible to pay attention to your dribbling and still use your peripheral vision to see open players. challenging, yes....but possible. I like challenge. I think it would be scary for some people, but as you got the hang of it, it would become enjoyable and more rewarding...yes, some people would probably never be able to pull it off, but I like the idea of having the option.

maybe a compromise could be to not have the player lose the ball, but for there to be a "stopping animation" where the defender interrupts the ball handler's progress in a more significant way. at least then the ball handler would somewhat be punished for failing to protect the ball or for timing their move incorrectly. there should just be more of a consequence for recklessly dribbling into defenders. maybe losing the ball is too extreme a consequence for some people, but there should be some consequence or punishment for it.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-16-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 0
Rebounding looks super improved. Kevin Love was tearing them down with authority. Not those floaty little rebounds that big men get that are nearly touching the ground in 2K14
Old 09-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #99
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Juego Psicologico is Mind Games which was in last year.

Taponador sounds like rim protector. Isn't that what shot blocking/verticals/strength/defensive awareness and post defense is already supposed to do? Unless its a bonus for intimidation factor.
I love the rim protector sig, I been asking for this. Its basically the defensive counter for finisher.

Similar to how guys with high layups have the finisher signature skill for an extra offensive punch.

Bigs with the rim protector signature skills will give them an extra defensive punch.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #100
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRac1
It looks good and all, but why is everybody so damn skinny? Look at LeBron, I know he lost some wait during the off season but he look's anorexic. But I'm still getting this, hopefully we can still edit player's so I can fix them that way!!!
That and shoes/accessories/socks is like the only thing I hate about 2k...they should get rid of the memory of the stupid "FatHeads" and upgrade those things
Old 09-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Juego Psicologico is Mind Games which was in last year.

Taponador sounds like rim protector. Isn't that what shot blocking/verticals/strength/defensive awareness and post defense is already supposed to do? Unless its a bonus for intimidation factor.
rim protector? that's a sig skill ive been pushing for, for 2yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Rim protector: this player is known to defend the rim without fouling by taking advantage of the verticality rule

Scorer: most players get fatigued when taking 20+ shots, but not these players. additionally these players can pump fake and catch players in the air to draw fouls.
GREATNESS #Mytimehascome

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-16-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #102
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
There are only 10 cameramen allowed on each baseline now. The NBA instituted a rule this summer for player safety.
And there are only 2 on each baseline in 2k...
Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I love the rim protector sig, I been asking for this. Its basically the defensive counter for finisher.

Similar to how guys with high layups have the finisher signature skill for an extra offensive punch.

Bigs with the rim protector signature skills will give them an extra defensive punch.
Rim Protector as a counter to Finisher makes a lot of sense. Bogut better have this. I couldn't find the video but there was one time he stopped a 3-on-1 by intimidation alone. No one wanted to put up a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Scorer: most players get fatigued when taking 20+ shots, but not these players. additionally these players can pump fake and catch players in the air to draw fouls.
Is this official? I wouldn't want pump fakes and scoring to be mashed into the same badge.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #104
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Nick Young looks spectacular, 1000x better than last year.

Xavier Henry still has a mini afro, when he should have a buzz cut.

Kyrie Irving has really short hair now, not that weird looking fade
Spoiler

The accessories look a mess for the cavs when wearing their yellow jersey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »