Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #953
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Post tuning, my opinion of this game just nose dived.

I prefer online when the game is balanced because human opponent offer a better chess match. The game isn't balanced anymore tho. The offensive line opens huge holes unless you sell out which of course opens the passing game up. I haven't seen a single punt post tuning. Hit stick fumbles, ints or whoever has the ball last decides the winner. I say that while posting a 8-2 record and supposedly being in the top 8% of players. So it's not that I need to learn how to play or that I'm a sore loser.

I'll try finding an enjoyable offline setting but my enthusiasm for Madden 15 is way down. Removing the tuning means dealing with bad cpu qbs that alternate between robo qb and indecisive ones that take way too many sacks. Keeping it probably means a case of slideritis while I try to find that game I had for a brief moment online, if it's even possible.

This game had potential but every potential mode contains a serious flaw that makes it much less enjoyable for me now. It went from a high 8 to about a 6.5 online and a 7.5-8 down to about a 7-7.5 for me. It's just a standard game of madden.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #954
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I've made some strides in the deep passing game....and placing the ball in general...had to lab a little bit to figure it out...

Man playing as a DE from the defensive angle camera is so much fun...only problem is it's hard to make plays in the secondary...
Old 09-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #955
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've made some strides in the deep passing game....and placing the ball in general...had to lab a little bit to figure it out...

Man playing as a DE from the defensive angle camera is so much fun...only problem is it's hard to make plays in the secondary...

I love playing DE from the defensive angle. I am getting better in the secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #956
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Finally got around to playing the game since the tuner and it plays completely different for me. I can run whenever I want and it's not a challenge anymore. I would delete the tuner but I can't since you need it to play online CFM.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #957
Banned

OVR: 0

My defense is pretty good online, I went 5-0 last night non of my opponents scored over 20 points. Now of course I play with teams with good defensive lines (love playing with the BUCS) and I play exclusively on the line too which helps get more pressure. But it did seem like they dropped more int's than normal and Qb's seem to be way more accurate, which pisses me off.
Most of the time you know which side you opponent is running too, just shift and crash the line that way to stuff the run, you can even stuff the run in a zone defense if you do that. Im to the point where I prefer playing defense over offense online because I love getting sacks and interceptions.
This year is really no need to play in the secondary, since the pass coverage is way better.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #958
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Waiting to start my CFM once Mizzou's 53-man roster is completed & once EA releases their 1st patch....then I'll begin.

In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying this game after the tuning by just creating my own matchups in PlayNow as I'm still getting the feel for arguably the best Madden we've seen since PS2...which is a breath of fresh-air that EA is on the right track.

Couple things I noticed needs a fix:

*Aaron Rodgers helmet (no matter which one you attribute to him, his head is too large for all of them...he just looks weird - the helmet should be larger than his head & in the game this is not true...it just looks odd and needs a touch-up)

*Progressive lighting needs work: some stadiums transition great and others don't at all

*Penalties: I'm definitely seeing more now with the tuning update, but it's still low

*Wide receiver/secondary interaction: needs work fighting for position, routes, jump-balls, etc...(I know they have this on the slate for '16)

All in all, I'm happy...I'm just waiting for the EA patch & the roster set from Mizzou and I'll be ready to start some football.

Just my $0.02
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 09-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #959
Rookie

MaddenFan676's Arena

OVR: 0

Its great, good graphics and gameplay. I am thinking of writing long blog post on it.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #960
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks, guys. You helped me decide that I need to stay faaar away from this new tuner. I can live with a few extra sacks if it means the REST of the game plays close to the way I want it to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »