Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 03:56 AM   #201
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

I just dont understand it. If AHL teams are playable in exhibition why can't you play AHL games in the GM mode? why dont AHL players have their stats tracked? WE CaaNT even DRAFT in GM Mode? None of this makes sense. Something catastrophic must of went wrong during development of this game. If only companies like EA could swallow their pride and realize this game isn't even worth releasing. Save your resources and make a worthwhile game, plz????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #202
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I am usually very optimistic when it comes to this stuff, but this just left me speechless. Not being able to draft my own players?? No thanks i'll save my $60 this year. I felt like I was just slapped in the face repeatedly as I read each thing that was missing. I could deal with the stuff we already knew about but now that I know Be a Gm is straight out of the NES days, I am good with skipping it this year.
Im with you there bro, today was a sad day for next gen hockey gamers. I felt sick when I was reading these EA access comments, such a damn shame man. I would have been happy with the same BeAGm that we're used to and presentation upgrades at the point we were at, but this is a travesty. After taking last year off I need video game hockey so this is gonna be hard for me, I might open a gamefly free trial just to get my fix.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #203
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

It's about damn time for a new company to step up to the plate in regards to sports titles. Ea football n hockey are a fricken disaster and have been for the most part for years. It's the same crap every year!!!
I mean Wth? How in gods name can a yearly offering be so stripped down, what a ***king embarrassment!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:34 AM   #204
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Im with you there bro, today was a sad day for next gen hockey gamers. I felt sick when I was reading these EA access comments, such a damn shame man. I would have been happy with the same BeAGm that we're used to and presentation upgrades at the point we were at, but this is a travesty. After taking last year off I need video game hockey so this is gonna be hard for me, I might open a gamefly free trial just to get my fix.
Read a tweet from Rammer saying "a new draft is coming in a patch" but at this point I really don't know what to believe from these guys. I don't want to talk bad about the Dev's cause i don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I just feel used and sad. This used to be my favorite series dating back like you to Sega. I am still trying to be optimistic that they will patch in something great but until they do I won't be giving them my money this year.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:54 AM   #205
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

EA will never do or patch in anything great.... Because they don't have to, like you said there's no choice for the consumer...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #206
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Remember this quote?

Quote:
Q: I know there’s not going to be a next-generation version of NHL 14 this year. Was there a reason for this? Was there not enough lead time up to when your studio got the final build of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Or did you want to just make sure you had a better quality product to put out the following year?

Sean Ramjagsingh: We wanted to be focused on putting out the best game for this console generation. It’s fantastic that we focused all of our efforts on PS3 and 360. The great thing about EA Sports right now is the sharing that we’re doing. The UFC and FIFA franchises; those guys are figuring out how to develop for next-generation consoles and the technological challenges that come with developing for new consoles.
So they have to figure that part out and then build features on top of that. For us, since we’re coming in later on, we won’t have to battle all those technological issues because they’ve figured them out already. This lets us focus more on the features which is something fans can appreciate…
EDIT: And here's another thing that just crossed my mind. They spent all this time and resources on things like high quality crowd graphics but couldn't get in core, seemingly no-brainer features like being able to sim to your next shift in BAP or actually drafting players in Be A GM. It's just ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

What makes this even worse is the fact that we're only just now finding out about this lack of features less than a week before release. I mean what would have happened if there were no early access? It just feels really gross to me on EA's part that they'd treat their consumers like that and be so completely vague.

The lack of EASHL was one thing, and eventually they had the balls to come forth and be honest with everyone about it. I thought that was great and so did most around here. But this here is a joke if you ask me. It's a slap in the face, and I'm just completely disappointed things went down like this because I was fully looking forward to getting the game this Tuesday and playing the hell out of it during my week off. But now? I highly, highly doubt that's going to happen, unless EA can do some miracle damage control here, and even then, I really don't know.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 09-05-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:00 AM   #207
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Remember this quote?
Well thank god they had the easier route, I would hate to see what got left on the cutting room floor if UFC and FIFA hadn't paved the way. HAHAHA!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:02 AM   #208
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

At this point, I'm not sure why anyone would buy the next gen version. Theres just nothing there for online or offline players, unless you're really into HUT(they're going to make so much money on HUT this year with everything else taken out).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »