Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Another thing I don't understand is how the company that makes the Gran Turismo series can make EXCELLENT games, graphics and performance wise (despite that people are NEVER happy with the outcome), but yet EA says it has used as much of the ps3/360 resources as possible on nhl 15 that they can't possibly make it any better. Then, they understandably take a year off from ps4/Xb1 to make the best game they can on those systems, only to remove most of what we all wanted and expected. Sure, I understand taking out out a few things or adding them in a later update, but let's be real, taking out something as basic as a shootout is a bad decision. Removing game modes is one thing, but removing basic game play features that are used in the real game. That's like if fey removed the extra point from Madden after after a touchdown. I wish they released a demo for last gen. Maybe I'll be lucky to find a video on YouTube next weekend that shows real ps3 footage from a real user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #106
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Not sure what's more insulting, that EA is releasing a half finished game and charging $60 for it.

Or the fact that they clearly think doing so in the first place is totally acceptable and that people will buy a $60 demo.

"You play to win the game."
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #107
Rookie

RefMixture's Arena

I can't understand why, over the years, different nuances, modes, etc, are added in and then eventually removed. I fully anticipate the next couple years versions will boast about "new" features being added in even though they all existed previously. I'm convinced that a truly perfect sports game can be produced but never will be because of the all mighty dollar.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #108
Just started!

Andrewthegr8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Players not editable? Including the goaltenders? Equipments? What? All the features not in. I didn't think it was that bad. Was going to buy it.... Not too sure now. Gonna wait and see what ppl say when they actual buy the game and if it's exactly like the access. They can kiss my ***! Too bad i sold my Ps3 (still have the nhl14 though) so looks like it'll be MLB the show for the rest of the season. Leaning toward buying the WWE game, looks pretty good this year!

I usually don't bash EA but damn! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY JOKE EA! WAKE UP EA!
I feel the exact way man , and I was thinking the same about the wwe game haha
Old 09-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #109
Banned

Solarstar11's Arena

I'm a little surprised EA lost to Time Warner Cable for "Worst Company in America."
Old 09-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #110
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Preorder officially cancelled. What was the point of even releasing this game? And I seriously doubt this game will get the post patch treatment that UFC got.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #111
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Preorder officially cancelled. What was the point of even releasing this game? And I seriously doubt this game will get the post patch treatment that UFC got.
Luckily for me I didn't pre-pay the entire amount, only put $10 down at the counter for it. Might even forego getting that back just to avoid the hassle. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #112
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Truly a sad and upsetting day for loyal fans of this series, now that all the cats are out of the bag. No wonder why all the secretive behavior and ducking and dodging. I guess for me personally, if the gameplay was truly amazing (which imo its not) icould almost understand SOME of this major lacking in so many other areas. And thats not to mention the sure to be bugs and glitches that are sure to be there with what little is there . Yep WOW, retail price for a beta. Ugly way for EA Canada, in every way, to start this new gen of NHL..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »