Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Looks like I'm canceling my ps4 pre-order and converting it to ps3. Luckily I still have decent games to play on last Gen to not justify selling my system any time soon.

I see this isn't the problem with last Gen but will they have the same presentation as next gen, minus the "on-ice" report? By this I mean, will they have the outside shot of the arena and pregame discussion, or will it just jump to the game like nhl 14? I'm a presentation guy, I like things to look and feel real, and I can do that with custom music in the game, if EA includes the presentation on their end. Obviously I know it won't look as good as next gen, but IMO the animation of the supposedly realistic jerseys on next Gen looks forced, anyway. Nothing that looks natural about it, based on the videos I've seen.

Feedback?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #98
Rookie

Thanks EA you just saved me a nude lap dance and my cab ride home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #99
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

first off im not a hockey fan, but to miss all these features is a grave injustice to those who have enjoyed the NHL series, i doubt that the same team that worked on madden had anything to do with this, as a company how can EA make a gem in madden 15 and have a runny wet dog turd of a game in NHL 15, sorry to the NHL fans
Old 09-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #100
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Up until this very moment reading this I was still going to give EA my $60. That has now changed 100%. I held out hope because I spend 99% of my time playing LtL or BaP but now I can't even play in the minors if I suck or do the pre-draft tournament?!!? COME ON!!!

So what is it basically? Make a player, pick a team, and automatically get to play all 82 games because there is NO minor league? I stopped playing regular Season mode because I liked the chance I would get sent down, or might not bedrafted by my favorite team and have to make the best of it. Screw that.

I'll be taking my $60 to Destiny or holding on to it for Shadows of Mordor/Dragon Age 3.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #101
Just started!

Andrewthegr8's Arena

Please tell me this is just the early access version and at least SOME of these features are in actual game ... I mean at least PLEASE tell me that edit a player will be In the game I mean that is crazy !! Ea screws up so much what if I wanna change a players equipment because the screw up so bad and give like Crosby or ovechkin a sher wood or something ridiculous obv not real but just sayin I need to be able to edit players they give some crazy player ratings too that I love to change every year ...

Can someone please tell me that they've found edit player or that they've heard it will be in ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #102
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

This is just an absolute joke. If I was at EA I would be embarrassed, but they have proven time and time again they only care about $.

Look I understand things pop up and there are issues and budget constraints, etc. but IF they had any soul or care for the customers at some point in development they would have stopped and said "you know what this game isn't up to par, let's release it as a $30 game and take the customer feedback and make NHL 16 as good as possible." What do we get instead?

EA being silent and stringing us along with no news on what features are in/out, etc. Then we get the comical smoke and mirrors interview with Rammer where he tries to save face. Bottom like the game is 25% of what was out on last gen at 100% of the price.

I don't wish anyone lose their job, but guess what in EA's world $ talks and BS walks. So what I hope for is that sales are abysmal and EA gets the message that this is NOT OK. Anything less than that is a step back for the sports gamer as a consumer.

Thank god for studios like HB who are a breath of fresh air into this industry, I wish EA would take a page out of their book.

"You play to win the game."
Old 09-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #103
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Players not editable? Including the goaltenders? Equipments? What? All the features not in. I didn't think it was that bad. Was going to buy it.... Not too sure now. Gonna wait and see what ppl say when they actual buy the game and if it's exactly like the access. They can kiss my ***! Too bad i sold my Ps3 (still have the nhl14 though) so looks like it'll be MLB the show for the rest of the season. Leaning toward buying the WWE game, looks pretty good this year!

I usually don't bash EA but damn! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY JOKE EA! WAKE UP EA!

Last edited by JaFFiTh; 09-04-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 5
And the truly sad part is that the one part that they did work on, the graphics, aren't even that good. They pale, and I mean pale, in comparison to Madden, FIFA, the Show, and especially 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »