Home

Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It?

This is a discussion on Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I don't believe the "2K Insider" ever existed. I think it was a gimmick they ran with or a group of individuals that didn't pay close attention to the non - stars of the league.
I have "insider" knowledge that this was not the case.

Quote:
Happy we have a former member of the community on hand to help alleviate the long standing issues with the default roster. Too bad Rashidi was so abrasive and "know - it - all" with his roster sets and towards the developers or he could have gotten the job a while ago. Or he could been working in conjunction with Beds on the default roster. Oh well.......
While the details will come another day, the opportunity was there.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 09-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
Let me get a good laugh about including Pau Gasol in your "Quality Starters/6th man". I am so tired of his bad press, everybody with his image of "soft". He has been an All-Star for several years. He still can put 18points and 10 rebounds (like he did while he was playing last year when he was healthy with the Lakers). Also, everybody should watch the Basketball World championship happening right now in Spain. He still shows you that besides Nowitzki, he is the best international player.
Great list and very good job!
Pau always plays well in world play. But he gets bullied in NBA play. he's not a post scoring threat in the NBA anymore - he gets pushed out of good post position; and bullied into flailing off balance low % shots in the post. Die hard Laker fan here..
People say he hasn't gotten enough touches in the post in recent years, and that's absolutely true. But, when he does go in the post - he's barely effective as a scorer there anymore.He shot 42% in the post last year.(according to Synergy Sports)
He's still a great passer, tho. And he'll get a team a horrible team in need of scoring 18ppg off of a handful of 18ft jumpers, a putback, a FT trip, and only a couple post scores.. He score 18ppg with a contending team, tho..

Last edited by newgeneration11; 09-03-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #115
Rookie

i really hope they keep up on all teams, not just the top 10. Most of the jumpshots on the bucks were way off and the ratings were even worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 17

They have to be using the same scale to rate player at the same Pos. Seeing that KD is a 95 Melo should defiantly be at lease a 90. KD is the better player of the two, but how much better KD really is?

Melo stats
MPG 38.7, FG% 45% 3FG% 40%, RPG 8, APG 3, STL 1.2BLK 0.7, TO 2, PPG 27.

KD stats
MPG 38.5, FG% 50, 3FG% 39, RPG 7, APG 5, STL 1.3, BLK 0.7, TO 3, PPG 32.

Melo numbers are not that far off. Melo should defiantly get that 90 rating.

I know, how about defense?
Neither of the two are very good defenders. Melo is the better post defender. KD is the better OBD. Both are avg help defenders. Melo also is a better rebounder. He's actually the best rebounder at his position.

The 4 90+ players should be LBJ, KD, CP3 and Melo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #117
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I guess you are talking MyLeague?

One of the devs said they ran a simulation out to I think 8 seasons or so. The number of 90+rated players in the league was the same as this year. That is all I needed to hear. I think you have the ability to adjust the draft class potential before it happens. Like once in a generation type class or average basically you can control it all.
Yes that is what I am referring to. And while I understand your point and hear what the developer is saying, a ridiculous amount of 80+ rated players can be just as troublesome as 90+ rated players.

In addition, I am not at all worried about draft classes as me, dreece, blindside and ronyell do our own. It is the rookies and other young players already in the NBA that are often times given high potential ratings.

Realistically, many players get drafted and simply dont get better. I know in the big picture you are just "guessing" but too many young players are given the benefit of the doubt in my opinion which lead to inflated overalls in the first few years.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #118
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

• Lebron James
  • Chris Paul
  • Derick Rose

Last edited by kolanji; 09-04-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
Let me get a good laugh about including Pau Gasol in your "Quality Starters/6th man". I am so tired of his bad press, everybody with his image of "soft". He has been an All-Star for several years. He still can put 18points and 10 rebounds (like he did while he was playing last year when he was healthy with the Lakers). Also, everybody should watch the Basketball World championship happening right now in Spain. He still shows you that besides Nowitzki, he is the best international player.
Great list and very good job!
Thank you, although I just want to point out that where I placed Pau isn't a knock against him. It's probably how he's going to be rated. I highly doubt his rating is going to go up from what is was in 2k14. In fact, his overall may not do him any justice from this point forward, but I'm sure he'll have all the right attributes to remain the productive player that he is in 2k15.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #120
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
In terms of movement and confidence in his knee D.Rose looks great. No one (atleast not me) is expecting him to look like the D.Rose of old in terms of offense until around Christmas

He did last time too.. Bottom line is he doesn't deserve a 90+ at all because he hasn't played enough in the past two years to know how good of a player he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »