Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #769
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Well,this is my 1 week anniversary with Madden,and I can honestly say I enjoy it the same as last week.
Now,some of you will say "it's only been a week"....but in past versions,about a week or 2 was all that was needed to see that it was going to be a tough year,and had me looking for the next game to get so I could trade in Madden.

This year?....completely different. There's not 1 area of the game that I can pinpoint, well other than penalties...that I can honestly say I don't enjoy.

I've read through most of the impressions thread,and glanced through some of the threads....and I'll just say,while some are warranted,the majority I've seen are issues that CAN be dealt with with sliders....but folks would rather complain than look for solutions.

The last thing I'll say...is OF the complaints I've read,if these things get patched,then I'm done....I'm not going to point out specifics,as I don't "name and shame"....but I feel the guys at EA are FINALLY on the right track,and I would hate for the "complainers" to get the game dumbed down just so they can be successful.
I agree, in years past it felt like after 2 or 3 games you had seen all that year had to offer. In terms of animations, controls, gameplay depth, and strategy. After those 3 or so games it was all about getting the sliders adjusted to taste. This year I have played a ton of games and it feels like im scratching the surface in all of those categories.

I stumbled onto a sweet stutter juke. instead of just flicking the RS left, flick it right then left (or vice versa). with no LT works and looks better than the hop juke from one flick. so I went in to check out the advanced controls and there is a lot to work into my arsenal this year.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #770
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Starting QB's In Year 2017 of a friend's franchise:

"Bears: Brock Osweiller at QB
Bengals: Bortles and Flacco
Bills: Derek Carr (reasonable)
Broncos: Whit Sharp (draftee)
Browns: Dalton
Bucs: Foles
Cardinals: Jamarquis Colemen (draftee)
Chargers: Tannehill
Chiefs: Peyton Manning (retired after 2015 and came back)
Colts: Manziel (lmfao)
Cowboys: Chase Daniel
Dolphins: Glennon
Eagles: RG3 and E.J. Manuel. RG3 regressed to a 77 overall rating.
Falcons: Greg Wallace (draftee)
49ers: Kaep
Giants: Buck Leonard (draftee)
Jags: Andrew Luck
Jets: Geno Smith
Lions: Stafford
Packers: Rodgers
Panthers: Newton
Pats: Jimmy G
Raiders: Demarcus Hawkins (draftee) sidebar: He's from Florida (SEC) and his name is Demarcus and he went #1. Sounds familiar?
Rams: Kirky Hadley (draftee). Now, they drafted him in the first round in 2015. Bradford was coming off a 2,913 yard and 17 interception season so maybe that's realistic.
Ravens: Blaine Gabbert.
Redskins: Matt Barkley.
Saints: Kristian Hunter (draftee) Brees retired the first year, which was kind of strange.
Seahawks: Wilson
Steelers: Alex Smith (they cut Big Ben like two seasons ago)
Texans: T.R. Farris (draftee)
Titans: Dijon Snow (draftee)
Vikings: Bridgewater"

That doesn't even bother me. I don't see that as being so bad.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #771
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That doesn't even bother me. I don't see that as being so bad.
Nor is it anything near what I saw in the few CFM tests I ran when we were looking at Sim Stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #772
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
All I see with those guys, no matter what game they are playing, is them playing the game fairly badly and then trying to say the game is bad.

This seems like a solid iteration of Madden and hopefully they will patch some things to make it feel a bit more natural.
That's a very big mischaracterization. The general issues those people point out are things one could see by not playing at all and just letting the CPU play against itself.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #773
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
That's a very big mischaracterization. The general issues those people point out are things one could see by not playing at all and just letting the CPU play against itself.
In some cases yes. In some cases, there clearly is wonky stuff going on. It' clear guys ilke Ryan Moody, are clearly in it for Youtube fame and getting hits. They desperately need things to post about, manipulating the situation is not out of the question.

That being said, to each their own. If buying games for the strict purpose of going on bug hunts is what they want to do, more power to them. I have no problem with it.

I just play the games I like and don't play the ones I don't like. I don't need some guy on the internet looking for YoutTube celebrity to tell me whether I should enjoy the game or not.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #774
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Broncos: Whit Sharp (draftee)
Titans: Dijon Snow (draftee)
Love the draftee names.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #775
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

OVR: 0

So I just lost to the Cowboys (no Romo) with the Eagles 24 - 30 and i'm ****ing pissed!!!!!

*Using A&S sliders*

- My TE get's knocked out of the air by a Safety who's all over him and no call for PI

- I'm blitzing on every play and my defenders react once the RB is already 5 yards ahead WTF!!!!

- On 4th down McCoy runs the ball pass the 1st then breaks a tackle, goes BACKWARDS, then is tackled for no gain WTFFFFFF

- I'm throwing a streak pass with 11 secs left in the 4th, my WR and the CB both jump in the air at the same time to try and catch it, the CB tips the ball down and my WR randomly pushes the CB to the ground after and they call a ****ing clipping call on my WR.

Oh yeah Lance ****ing Dunbar ran on me for 165 smh

OMG! I lost it! I'm putting up the vids shortly after I cool down

Last edited by bdeezy89; 09-02-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #776
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

In my career mode, you can see the player's breath, and all the camera guys on the sidelines are wearing shorts.

I feel like that's an easy fix.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »