Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #97
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

What they really need to do is partner with ESPN and get Tirico and Gruden in the game.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
What they really need to do is partner with ESPN and get Tirico and Gruden in the game.
This is a great idea.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #99
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

OVR: 1
Good article Chris, thanks. For me - and many of my friends agree with me on this - all the little presentation improvements and minutia details you mention on how Madden has improved (or not) mean nothing. It wouldn't matter if Madden 15, 16, or indeed Madden 33 is the greatest NFL simulation of all time. The crux of the matter will always be that Madden is the only choice and this situation needs to end. The NFL clearly isn't listening to us so, until the NFL do start listening; that is, until they finally drop their ridiculous exclusive rights license with EA, then I and many others have decided to never buy anything from EA again, not just Madden but a total EA games boycott for as long as it takes. For anyone who missed it, Mike Florio agrees with us and wrote an interesting article about it, here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/ea-has-exclusive-license-from-nfl-for-a-couple-more-years/
Old 09-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #100
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The backlash over Gus Johnson, Chris Collinsworth and the present clowns is a lot worse than anything from the Radio announcer.

The problem with the radio announcer wasn't that he was bad, it was that for the first time in a long time, Madden wasn't in the game. If they added a color guy and introduced him today instead of Simms/Dr. Robot the presentation would be a 100x better.
I still have to disagree. I don't read a whole lot of negative comments about the guys now. Just a few here and there like in this very thread. There's no commentators that everybody will like. But I remember these threads from that radio guy like it was yesterday.

This isn't NEARLY as bad.

But you're right about Gus and Collingsworth. The forums blew up over them.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #101
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidjr23
The commentary doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game. to me that should be the last thing to worry about i think madden should address the gameplay first and game modes second for to get my full enjoyment out the game.
Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

This article is about presentation. Gameplay gets plenty of write-up and attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 2
I would be happy if they would just deliver proper surround sound support. The game is in a stadium, is it too hard to place audio on the back channels to make it sound right?
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #103
Just started!

They need to hire a dozen no name (see: cheap) voice actors and record a TON of commentary. No one buys Madden because Simms and Nance are in it.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #104
Banned

I don't quite get the point of this weird repeat-a-post spam. It's about as weird as the guy years ago online who used to go around boards constantly saying "We take this very seriously and are looking into it deeply." What was he talking about? Who knows.

Strange world. Stranger people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »