Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

I love the presentation it 10x better then recent years i actually feel like im watching football on CBS or Fox at times and i personally haven't had any weird or annoying issues with commentary?? Yes it get repetitive and could use some pep but over all i cant really complain.One issue i will comment on are the zoomed in camera replays....it gets annoying so leave that for T.V please. frame rate slows down and gets gritty so to say it makes the actual replay not worth watching.Love the player match-ups in the into to the game and the QB intro with video feed is a nice touch,and the half time shows are entertaining! they actually talk about big/cool plays that took place over the first half.Over all im pleased and feel like EA is headed in the right direction.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
You miss the radio guy? Are you drinking??

We don't EVER want that again. Don't even get that started.

And by the way.....he was ATROCIOUS!! The worst ever, easily.
No more atrocious than Jim Nantz is right now lol. At least the radio guy sounded like he was alive lol. To each's own though. That's why we all have opinions
Old 09-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #75
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

They need to bring in radio pay-by-play guys and just have them record every situation, and put the triggers in as soon as theres an event. Sick of this after the fact calling.

I don't think I've ever heard " Nick Foles drops back, hits a wide open Jeremy Maclin, no one is near him, thats an easy touchdown, the 15, the 5, he's in there. Oh my goodness, how'd he get that open!" And then break down the play in a replay, I'm sure its difficult, but thats what you get paid to do, ITS IN THE GAME!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidtaylor1989
I smell a troll attempt...

And even that game had repetitive commentary. "He didn't want to be the spam in the kicking game's sandwich."--Must've been said almost everytime I fair caught a punt.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #77
Rookie

Desolationmike's Arena

I would say they need to tone down the replays a bit, I don't need to see the replay of a 3 yard run on first down, I also find that they won't show other more important replays such as a sack. I hate that the intro to halftime is basically always a tackled guy eventualy getting to a celebration animation, and they still don't put any emphasis on what makes a play good. For instance if my CFM linebacker sacked the QB and forced a fumble that was picked up for a TD, it will only show the guy running into the endzone, with no context to why it was play of the game. Obviously the commentaryis terrible, and I think it's completely fair to say it's four steps back, the simple programming of the commentary is basically broken. I don't know how many times I've heard Simms say a pass was placed perfectly for a first down when in actuality it was a pass that lead the receiver out of bounds and now it's fourth down. I mean the overly enthusiastic guy was kind of a joke but at least he was interesting. Even last year which still had ho-hum simms and nantz the commentary wasn't so misplaced. Infact I'd say everything about the presentation lacks the polish I'd expect from a AAA title.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game dispite all of this. I just wish I didn't need to mash A in between plays to skip over the constant replays of nothing interesting, especially in a player CFM. I've had some intense games and been really immersed in the game but not because of the presentation at all. I agree that this madden is better than the last few but that hardly puts it on par with FIFA or NBA2k as far as presentation goes.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 3

We clamor for realism but have no issue with make believe guys on play-by-play? Keep Nantz & Sims, just develop a more suitable way to have the announcing seem legit and seamless. Do what 2k is doing with the new WWE game, have the two record their lines simultaneously, in the same recording booth, while watching gameplay, and recording their legit reactions to what they're watching.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo3687
i made it through one drive before I turned the commentary off...and there were several repeated lines in that one drive.

Jim Nantz is fine but I just cannot stand Phil "Captain Obvious" Simms. Even when he's calling an actual game I switch to some other commentary option so I don't have to listen to him.

I would rather have Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth back....Hell, I'd rather listen to Buck and Aikman than another line out of Phil Simms' mouth...

Actually to take it further...I'd rather have Ian Eagle (the worst NFL commentator ever) do solo commentary on Madden than listen to Simms again.

right....that's out of my system now...lol...
I too am not a big fan of Simms, so I turned off the commentary a few games in. Like a few others here I would prefer Michaels/Collinsworth or Tirico/Chucky, but having the option to either listen or not listen is fine.

What is going to drive me away from this game within a month is not having the option to turn off or at least quickly zip through the interminable cut scenes - the team huddles before kickoff, lining up for the kickoff, the halftime show and the replays between plays. There really needs to be an option to turn this crap off.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #80
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

After giving commentary some thought, I think the trick to it is taking the unavoidable repetitive nature and make that its' identifier. Think about Madden back when actual John Madden was commentating in-game and Peter/Dan in NFL2k, all that stuff was repetitive BUT it was packaged as "catch phrases" which gave the commentary personality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »