Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #665
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Okay fellas, is it me or is there simply no running game in this year's game? I mean, you take the snap, try to hit a hole, but since Madden never fully gives you complete control of your player, you inevitably hit an offensive linemen in the back. Then you get stuck, like that linemen has stickum on the back of his jersey. Stuck like a magnet, you can't do much until a defensive player comes and runs his entire body into you. Not a genuine tackle, but a strange rag doll collision where you both fall to the ground lifeless.

Am I missing something here? I've tried adjusting sliders, but there's nothing dynamic about the running game. You take the handoff, attempt to move towards a hole, and either get hit and rag doll to the ground or you hit a lineman, get magnetized, and wait for the opponent to run their bodies into yours and everyone falls over like dominoes.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 09-01-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #666
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Okay fellas, is it me or is there simply no running game in this year's game? I mean, you take the snap, try to hit a hole, but since Madden never fully gives you complete control of your player, you inevitably hit an offensive linemen in the back. Then you get stuck, like that linemen has stickum on the back of his jersey. Stuck like a magnet, you can't do much until a defensive player comes and runs his entire body into you. Not a genuine tackle, but a strange rag doll collision where you both fall to the ground lifeless.

Am I missing something here? I've tried adjusting sliders, but there's nothing dynamic about the running game. You take the handoff, attempt to move towards a whole, and either get hit and rag doll to the ground or you hit a lineman, get magnetized, and wait for the opponent to run their bodies into yours and everyone falls over like dominoes.

All this isn't directed at you man.. just throwing out some thoughts after seeing so many posts like :Can't stop the pass, robo QB on all levels etc..

First yes you do have control .. more realistic control IMO.
The main difference is, gone are the days of unrealistic zig zag and/or quick cuts with everyone.
Players seem to have weight to them now etc.. It's a welcomed change.
Running with Morris is totally different than with Helu for example.. So I need to call plays that match them more this year.

I've had plenty of 100 yard rushing games also.
You have to read the play and find the hole and get to it then use the speed, stiff arm etc.. to go through. Can't use speed as soon as you get the ball.
Even mid tiered QB's will have decent % if you just sit back and get no pressure etc..
On All Pro I've had great games with CPU % in realistic areas. All Madden I'm still not happy though.

Anyways..Yeah there are some stuffs..2 yard gains and then some longer runs. Have to be patient and the yards will come.
Of course the right sliders are important and once all the slider gurus get through everything there will be some really nice sets.

Anyways just saying IMO the Madden "control" and "strategy"of old needs to be forgotten and the new game should be embraced as it is a big upgrade to a lot of things IMO.
Everything from defending the pass to getting an offense has been a great surprise this year.
People need to stop thinking (wanting) old Madden things to still be there like being able to call 3 D plays and succeed etc..

Needs some work also of course but overall Madden is heading int the right direction.

Peace...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-01-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:44 AM   #667
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
One thing I failed to mention was regarding USER Control. Several here brought this up...but compared to last gen, I feel like in M15 that I have very limited user control. There's a delay or something but at least with M25 or NCAA14 on 360 I felt like I had full control of my players. Ugh. The more I play M15 the more disappointed i become.
Man even madden? Why cant ea differentiate players in any series..they all play the same in nhl or fifa.

Just zero individuality man. I can do the same move whether its crosby or kadri.

Yet these games are praised. Casuals dont want strategy or a chess match they want end to end high scoring fb.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #668
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
All this isn't directed at you man.. just throwing out some thoughts after seeing so many posts like :Can't stop the pass, robo QB on all levels etc..

First yes you do have control .. more realistic control IMO.
The main difference is, gone are the days of unrealistic zig zag and/or quick cuts with everyone.
Players seem to have weight to them now etc.. It's a welcomed change.
Running with Morris is totally different than with Helu for example.. So I need to call plays that match them more this year.

I've had plenty of 100 yard rushing games also.
You have to read the play and find the hole and get to it then use the speed, stiff arm etc.. to go through. Can't use speed as soon as you get the ball.
Even mid tiered QB's will have decent % if you just sit back and get no pressure etc..
On All Pro I've had great games with CPU % in realistic areas. All Madden I'm still not happy though.

Anyways..Yeah there are some stuffs..2 yard gains and then some longer runs. Have to be patient and the yards will come.
Of course the right sliders are important and once all the slider gurus get through everything there will be some really nice sets.

Anyways just saying IMO the Madden "control" and "strategy"of old needs to be forgotten and the new game should be embraced as it is a big upgrade to a lot of things IMO.
Everything from defending the pass to getting an offense has been a great surprise this year.
People need to stop thinking (wanting) old Madden things to still be there like being able to call 3 D plays and succeed etc..

Needs some work also of course but overall Madden is heading int the right direction.

Peace...
Not sure what you mean by want old Madden. I actually think all the zig zag stuff is still here actually.

I guess ultimately, I think that more control over the runner is needed. You can't, for example, run outside, plant, pivot and bounce back inside. That's an impossible thing to do here... There are just no animations created by EA to make it so.

I'm not saying you can't have a decent running game. I just think the running game is severely limited because you have some weird suction/magnetic thing going on. And that occurs at the expense of having total control of your running back.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:03 AM   #669
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by want old Madden. I actually think all the zig zag stuff is still here actually.

I guess ultimately, I think that more control over the runner is needed. You can't, for example, run outside, plant, pivot and bounce back inside. That's an impossible thing to do here... There are just no animations created by EA to make it so.

I'm not saying you can't have a decent running game. I just think the running game is severely limited because you have some weird suction/magnetic thing going on. And that occurs at the expense of having total control of your running back.
Oh I agree more animations or techniques are needed.. I just feel that the control as far as how the players move with what we have, is far more realistic than games of past as you feel different things with different players. At least I do..
As far as "old Madden" that was mainly directed towards people not adjusting to having to call D and O plays and having a strategy when playing. (Chess match)

I just hope EA keeps making these strides forward and we get more and more advances that we can all feel good about.

Now back to the Sony conference

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-01-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #670
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Pretty much just confirmed what I already figured. The user pass coverage and/or pass reaction sliders don't work for the user. Just ran a test in practice mode and had the CPU run the same tight end corner route against man coverage and there wasn't any difference in coverage between 0-100 as well as no real difference in coverage between All-Madden and even Rookie. I switched sides and turned their pass coverage all the way down to 0 and their coverage looked a lot like mine did, very weak. Turned it up to 100 though and their coverage was extremely tight like you'd figure it should be. Even on Rookie it was fairly tight but with some more lapses.

Going to test with a few different routes and then record it to Twitch and upload to YouTube so it can get fixed ASAP. This has been my biggest issue playing so far and it seems like a fairly simple fix. I also think that this would help resolve some of the "robo-QB" issues people are having.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:31 AM   #671
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

I haven't noticed this on normal speed and higher, I've seen very explosive runs by both sides

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 03:34 AM   #672
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Pretty much just confirmed what I already figured. The user pass coverage and/or pass reaction sliders don't work for the user. Just ran a test in practice mode and had the CPU run the same tight end corner route against man coverage and there wasn't any difference in coverage between 0-100 as well as no real difference in coverage between All-Madden and even Rookie. I switched sides and turned their pass coverage all the way down to 0 and their coverage looked a lot like mine did, very weak. Turned it up to 100 though and their coverage was extremely tight like you'd figure it should be. Even on Rookie it was fairly tight but with some more lapses.

Going to test with a few different routes and then record it to Twitch and upload to YouTube so it can get fixed ASAP. This has been my biggest issue playing so far and it seems like a fairly simple fix. I also think that this would help resolve some of the "robo-QB" issues people are having.
Unfortunately, wasn't this also an issue last year? Correct me if I am wrong but I think I remember people going back and forth between those sliders in particular being "backward or broken" for awhile now. Might not be an easy fix since it seems to have been around for awhile

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 09-01-2014 at 07:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »