Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #625
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I think you guys should take a look at this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxswPujrvuk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #626
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0

Ridiculous how the CPU WRs run out of bounds on out routes instead of turning up the field. SMH.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #627
Banned

OVR: 0

What is better about OL vs DL Play ?

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #628
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Actually I feel the same....it's not a bad game it's fun and visuals are nice...but expecially animations like throwing and running are not where they should be in 2014 on a PS4.

There areas of the game that are really impoved like physics and OL/DL interaction...but overall the game has no identity at all. Players show little emotions and they move and react mostly the same. If we had signature styles this game could have been a great one...sad.

Presentation is nice but replays / half time / post game are a total mess...

It's clear that once again exclusive NFL license is bad for us.

FINAL VOTE: 6.5 / 10
I agree 100%...especially the last line.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #629
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
What is better about OL vs DL Play ?

Thanks.
Some of the interactions are nice at times, but there are still alot of problems. Still alot of warping and sliding, and there's still a bug where your blocker will either run right past a defender, or will just stand there and watch defenders get to the QB.

Had a play earlier where I broke free from a lineman only to be warped back into a block so the CPU could throw the touchdown pass.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #630
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Buzz zones not working. Guys just stand there and when the ball is thrown then they try to go to their zones.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 PM   #631
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Player models on some are great, others are horrible. Too many players have the shine to them which isn't realistic, I can see the helmets but jerseys have a glass shine to them is ridiculous. Lighting sucks, fields are so dark.

How does NCAA 14 of last gen and ps2 give us options of customizing our own player size and skin color but this gen doesn't allow us to. Some players skin tone are just dead off.

Running animation still looks last gen !!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 07:57 PM   #632
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Played a really good game on All-Madden last night against the Saints. I love the running game. It can get frustrating at times but it makes runs of 5-8 yards feel great and the bigger runs feel even better. One thing that needs to be improved is the "dazed and confused" nature the RB's or ball carriers get into when they make contact with lineman. Sometimes it's really good where they'll do the avoidance maneuvers and it will look really sharp. Then there's times where you're literally glued to the back of your lineman's backside and just wait for the inevitable one or two yard gain.

My biggest issue still remains user pass defense. I don't know if the slider doesn't work or if on All-Madden you just don't get any of the buffed pass defense but it's night and day between my coverage and theirs. I've had my coverage and reaction time at 100 and changed it down to 65-65 before the game against the Saints I played and really didn't notice any difference. My defense doesn't really make plays, when I have good coverage I'll get a sack or a throwaway, and if I have bad coverage, which is more often than not, it's either a completion or an inaccurate pass. I'd like to see tighter coverage and better zone play along with smarter (and more ballsy) QB's so it feels like they have to fit the ball into tighter windows like I do.

Another issue I've had happen twice now is replay getting a call absolutely wrong. I had one the other day where it was a touchdown catch and I challenged and during the review it was clear he only had one foot down but the play stood. I was willing to convince myself that he somehow dragged the second foot. But then last night in the Saints game I was down 21-17, forced a fumble and scooped and scored. Only for it to be reviewed and overturned and on the replay the ball came out and was even recovered before his knees went down. Completely changed the game.

One last thing I really want to see done is either allowing us to go in and change gameplans and use those for the CPU or themselves going in and altering gameplans. Just going through the Broncos playbook there are so many plays that aren't assigned to any situation and, if you're playing the CPU, will never get called. It does appear that the limit of 20 per situation has been lifted too which means you could do some really great things with playbooks on here if they would allow it. I'd gladly spend an entire day or two going through and crafting custom playbooks for each team for my CFM and making sure that every play in the book was utilized in some way.

Overall, really enjoying the game and can't stop playing. Hopefully, they'll come out with some good tuning in patches and make it even better.
I agree with most of your thoughts. Especially about the user pass defense. Just a word of advice. Never go in and look at the replay when you called a zone defense. Linebackers just sit there as guys run through their zone. It's infuriating g. I don't know if it's because I'm on All Madden or what, but it's maddening. Don't know how to fix that.

Other than that, I love this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »