Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #617
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
This will be my last impression thread post until the next patch drops.

Madden 15 plays a good game of football. Playing in all-madden with a slightly modified version of charters sliders and moving up to normal game speed (this has been huge) has helped me get a very realistic, natural (trying to avoid using the word organic), and varied results.

On normal I haven't had more than 5 sacks a game, and while I still wish the CPU would throw the ball away more, it's,better than the 10 sacks I was seeing on slow.

Aa with many madden games, I feel you get what you put in with this game. If I wanted to win every game no matter what I could, but I try to call as many different plays as I can, even a zone blitz I know has weaknesses, and mixing it up is most of the fun for me. Maybe one day I won't need house rules, but if "mix up my play calling" and "no switch" are the only two house rules I need then I think I am in pretty good shape.

I really hope a patch addresses the number of off the field issues the gsme has for offline and the few issues that remain for online, as well as CPU QB behavior and maybe fine tuning accuracy a but more (I shouldn't have to out accuracy down to 5 this user, inaccurate passes are literally touted as a feature, I feel it feel it should work at default 50)

I haven't played a sim user gsme yet but I bet the game plays great in user games
My thoughts as well. There are still a couple of plays that give you 6+ yards on almost every down.But It's still a Madden game, you know.
Spoiler
Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #618
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will the challenges ever be fixed? I just forced an obvious fumble that was overturned and ruled as no fumble. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember.

Also, I don't know how to change back the camera angle when it switches to a defensive perspective. It's extremely annoying.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:58 PM   #619
Banned

OVR: 1

My initial impression was, "holy crap, this is a totally different madden." The graphics, the presentation...even some gameplay elements felt different.

Now..., after playing since release day...my thoughts are "meh." Its madden. Its the NFL and football in video game form so I'll play it but this isn't a groundbreaking game by any stretch.

Has the presentation improved? Yes.
Are the graphics awesome? Yes.
Are the modes fun and will keep me playing? Yes.
Is the Gameplay where it needs to be for a next gen console? NO. NO. NO.

EA needs to completely re-tool the animations, make players feel individualized, and where's the strategy? I mean...every play should be a chess match and its just not. The new menus are clunky and there's not enough time to do anything with the suggestions and pre-snap options.

Living worlds? Player sense 2.0? Neither of these elements are living up to the hype so far.

Similar to 25 on next gen, everything feels so rigid and straight lined. I don't feel like Madden 15 on next gen, from a gameplay standpoint, offers a completely new and "Next-Gen" experience when compared to NCAA14 and M25 on 360. Next gen has been SUCH a huge disappointment. I feel like I wasted $500 for prettier graphics.

NCAA 14 XB360: 7/10
Madden 25 XB360: 7/10
Madden 25 XB1: 4/10
Madden 15 XB1: 7/10

Last edited by illiterateoption; 08-31-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #620
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
My initial impression was, "holy crap, this is a totally different madden." The graphics, the presentation...even some gameplay elements felt different.

Now..., after playing since release day...my thoughts are "meh." Its madden. Its the NFL and football in video game form so I'll play it but this isn't a groundbreaking game by any stretch.

Has the presentation improved? Yes.
Are the graphics awesome? Yes.
Are the modes fun and will keep me playing? Yes.
Is the Gameplay where it needs to be for a next gen console? NO. NO. NO.

EA needs to completely re-tool the animations, make players feel individualized, and where's the strategy? I mean...every play should be a chess match and its just not. The new menus are clunky and there's not enough time to do anything with the suggestions and pre-snap options.

Living worlds? Player sense 2.0? Neither of these elements are living up to the hype so far.

Similar to 25 on next gen, everything feels so rigid and straight lined. I don't feel like Madden 15 on next gen, from a gameplay standpoint, offers a completely new and "Next-Gen" experience when compared to NCAA14 and M25 on 360. Next gen has been SUCH a huge disappointment. I feel like I wasted $500 for prettier graphics.

NCAA 14 XB360: 7/10
Madden 25 XB360: 7/10
Madden 25 XB1: 4/10
Madden 15 XB1: 7/10
Actually I feel the same....it's not a bad game it's fun and visuals are nice...but expecially animations like throwing and running are not where they should be in 2014 on a PS4.

There areas of the game that are really impoved like physics and OL/DL interaction...but overall the game has no identity at all. Players show little emotions and they move and react mostly the same. If we had signature styles this game could have been a great one...sad.

Presentation is nice but replays / half time / post game are a total mess...

It's clear that once again exclusive NFL license is bad for us.

FINAL VOTE: 6.5 / 10
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #621
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Played a really good game on All-Madden last night against the Saints. I love the running game. It can get frustrating at times but it makes runs of 5-8 yards feel great and the bigger runs feel even better. One thing that needs to be improved is the "dazed and confused" nature the RB's or ball carriers get into when they make contact with lineman. Sometimes it's really good where they'll do the avoidance maneuvers and it will look really sharp. Then there's times where you're literally glued to the back of your lineman's backside and just wait for the inevitable one or two yard gain.

My biggest issue still remains user pass defense. I don't know if the slider doesn't work or if on All-Madden you just don't get any of the buffed pass defense but it's night and day between my coverage and theirs. I've had my coverage and reaction time at 100 and changed it down to 65-65 before the game against the Saints I played and really didn't notice any difference. My defense doesn't really make plays, when I have good coverage I'll get a sack or a throwaway, and if I have bad coverage, which is more often than not, it's either a completion or an inaccurate pass. I'd like to see tighter coverage and better zone play along with smarter (and more ballsy) QB's so it feels like they have to fit the ball into tighter windows like I do.

Another issue I've had happen twice now is replay getting a call absolutely wrong. I had one the other day where it was a touchdown catch and I challenged and during the review it was clear he only had one foot down but the play stood. I was willing to convince myself that he somehow dragged the second foot. But then last night in the Saints game I was down 21-17, forced a fumble and scooped and scored. Only for it to be reviewed and overturned and on the replay the ball came out and was even recovered before his knees went down. Completely changed the game.

One last thing I really want to see done is either allowing us to go in and change gameplans and use those for the CPU or themselves going in and altering gameplans. Just going through the Broncos playbook there are so many plays that aren't assigned to any situation and, if you're playing the CPU, will never get called. It does appear that the limit of 20 per situation has been lifted too which means you could do some really great things with playbooks on here if they would allow it. I'd gladly spend an entire day or two going through and crafting custom playbooks for each team for my CFM and making sure that every play in the book was utilized in some way.

Overall, really enjoying the game and can't stop playing. Hopefully, they'll come out with some good tuning in patches and make it even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #622
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I will say I am in the minority that likes the new playcall menu. I like having every formation and concept right there in view and I just need to scroll to it. I also like how I scroll to it and then can scroll left and right to get the right package I want.

What I do agree with is that it isn't the prettiest looking thing, but I like what it is doing.

I played some more of the game last night and I like the game more. If you come into this game expecting penalties to work and the players to all animate with signature styles, then you will be disappointed. What this Madden does do is include the best lineplay in any video game in my opinion. Yes, even better than my beloved 2k8. I honestly think that the more I play this game, the more it may become my favorite football video game ever which no Madden has even accomplished.

Does this game represent football in a more realistic fashion? Yes.

Does this Madden have strategic elements? Yes.

Does it still contain legacy issues? Yes.

In short, it's very fun and if you focus on enjoying it and not nitpicking, I believe it will give you a very enjoyable experience. I could sit here and play any football game ever made and nitpick all day and never enjoy a single one. I'm saving myself from that trouble and have been the last 2 or 3 years, but Madden still let me down. This year it doesn't really let me down. It's a good game.

So in my opinion after giving it more and more time and staying open minded, I really do believe this is the best football game I have ever played on the field. Play calls matter, knowledge of the game matters. It isn't all stick skills anymore. Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty this game needs, but it is getting there under this new lead. I love that fact.

Connected Careers still needs a huge boost, but on the field is where this Madden shines this year and in a very good way in my opinion. I'm excited for Madden's future again. This Madden has actually made me wish badly for a next gen NCAA game. I could not have cared less for one a month ago, but now after experiencing this game firsthand, Rex and crew talk the talk and walk the walk. Football gaming is back on the rise and I thank the crew behind the game so much because I've missed not having to set house rules and overlooking so many things to enjoy a football game. Those days are gone, at least this year. If Madden 16 continues the progression, I can only imagine how good of a game it will be.

This game is far from perfect, but it definitely is the best football game I've ever played and I've been playing both Madden and 2k since NFL 2k on the Dreamcast. Give it a couple years at this rate and Madden can reach The Show caliber if they continue down the same path they're on right now. That is what excites me the most. Keep up the good work EA, keep this vision. Do that, and bring back NCAA, and I will be in football heaven again.

― Plato
Old 08-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #623
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
The new menus are clunky and there's not enough time to do anything with the suggestions and pre-snap options.
Playcall is just terrible. I like nothing about it. I don't want community suggestions, and I don't want it covering up the screen. The whole thing is a mess to me.

They need to spend time on creating a new playcall interface for the next game. A modern PIP interface that speaks to the time we're in now that allows you to stay connected to what's happening on the field while you pick plays, but also lets you access a lot of data quickly (replays, team stats, player stat cards). In term of style, think Sunday Ticket:

Madden 09 actually had all of those things I mentioned in its playcall interface. The game wasn't great, and the playcall interface wasn't as visually appealing as it could've been, but the concept was more forward-thinking than what they've come up with in proceeding years.

Last edited by FaceMask; 08-31-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #624
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

Putting the facemask slider at 100 was a very bad idea...

Warped tackles = 15 yard penalty.

Back to 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »