Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #609
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Got the game yesterday with a brand new PS4

I'll post my impressions later...by now just a question....it's me or Night games lighting looks bad?
Actually, I think night games look fantastic this year. I felt they looked like crap every other year except for Madden 10.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #610
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I've been trying to convince myself over the last week that I like this year's game, but I'm very unimpressed. I really liked Madden 25 on the PS3, but this year's game feels so clunky on the PS4.

I know this site is full of a lot of hardcore sports gamers, but I don't like having to spend hours on sliders to make the game realistic and playable. Every game ends up being a defensive showdown. >20 points and around 200 yards of total offense which makes every game feel relatively the same.

Defenses automatically know what kind of play you're calling (run or pass). You audible, and they instantly know again what you switched to and re-audible. It feels cheap, just my opinion. Controlling the running game is like driving a semi truck. If you see a lane open up, it's difficult to change your route because players move so stiff.

Run blocking is putrid. I ran a toss at the goal line today, my fullback and left tackle didn't even acknowledge the only linebacker making a b-line for my running back. They just ran by him. I'll have to upload this one, I saved it on my hard drive.

User quarterbacks get injured way too easily.

I don't think the CPU has attempted a pass over 10 yards in the 15 or so games I've played, not counting any final hail Marys before the half. No idea what's up with that.

This is the most disappointed I've been in a Madden in a very long time, probably since '08 on the PS3.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:00 AM   #611
Rookie

OVR: 3

how do some people here finish a season in a day or 2 that's kinda crazy to me....i hardly have time to finish 2 games in a week
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #612
Banned

Why does Tiburon screw with the lighting patterns every year?

Madden 25: AT&T Stadium, open roof, 1pm (PS4)

Madden 15: AT&T Stadium, open roof, 1pm (PS4)

I love playing at AT&T, but not like this. This is especially bad because progressive lighting appears to be non-existent in this years game.

Interestingly enough, Rex Dickson is quoted as saying progressive lighting was in the game here:

King Molasses @CJ061383
Follow
@EAMaddenNFL will madden 15 have progressive lighting #askmadden
8:32 PM - 10 Jun 2014

Rex Dickson: Yes. It is most noticeable in our 4:15 p.m. games.

Source: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...developer-chat

I played the entire game above, and the lighting never progressed an inch, nor has it progressed in any other game of Madden 15 I've played, be it 1pm, 4:15pm or otherwise.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #613
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Why does Tiburon screw with the lighting patterns every year?

Madden 25: AT&T Stadium, open roof, 1pm (PS4)

Madden 15: AT&T Stadium, open roof, 1pm (PS4)

I love playing at AT&T, but not like this. This is especially bad because progressive lighting appears to be non-existent in this years game.

Interestingly enough, Rex Dickson is quoted as saying progressive lighting was in the game here:

King Molasses @CJ061383
Follow
@EAMaddenNFL will madden 15 have progressive lighting #askmadden
8:32 PM - 10 Jun 2014

Rex Dickson: Yes. It is most noticeable in our 4:15 p.m. games.

Source: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...developer-chat

I played the entire game above, and the lighting never progressed an inch, nor has it progressed in any other game of Madden 15 I've played, be it 1pm, 4:15pm or otherwise.
I've noticed the progression of lighting in every game I have played. It's quite awesome if you ask me. I first noticed it at the eagles stadium 4:15 time, also at 6:30, the sun will be setting first half, it will be the blue hour in the second half
Old 08-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #614
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

Can anyone post xbox one pics difference in lighting
Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #615
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I've noticed the progression of lighting in every game I have played. It's quite awesome if you ask me. I first noticed it at the eagles stadium 4:15 time, also at 6:30, the sun will be setting first half, it will be the blue hour in the second half
PS4 version? If yes, then something is wrong on my end, because the lighting never changes in my game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #616
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The more I play this game, the more I like it. I haven't been able to say that about Madden in a long, long time.

One thing I'm noticing regarding graphics and such is that night games and dome games look way better to me than they ever have. I've seen some complaints about this in this thread, but I don't see where they're coming from. I think the game looks fabulous in all environments. Some improvements to indoor and evening lighting could certainly be made, but it looks good to me.

I'm on PS4. I don't know if that matters...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »