Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #577
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Well I was playing a slider set on All Pro but the AI was still be incompetent so I bumped it to All Madden and I've had better competitive games. HOWEVER the AI still takes too many sacks on All Madden. I average like 5-7 a game for my defense...and I'm the Vikings. But the AI is greatly improved on All Madden and I can actually play All Madden. Kicking took a little bit to adjust to though.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #578
MVP

OVR: 0

After a few days with the game & finally getting the perfect slider set (All Madden + slow speed has the best balance) the game has a lot of potential but man is it rough around the edges. There are 3 things that are hampering my experience & if EA can patch them this game would go from good to great in my opinion.

1. PLAYER CLIPPING/MORPHING is rampant in this game! It's mostly after the play but it's such an immersion killer for me. Too many times after the play I'm seeing players walk right through players laying on the field. Limbs & body parts just fuse or ghost through each other. I think EA purposely designed the game this way due to them taking criticism after Madden 13 where players were tripping & falling all over the place. So instead of properly addressing the problem, they just let players ghost right through players which is a horrible way to go about it. I'd rather see players occasionally trip over another player instead of just morphing right through him. EA PLEASE FIX THIS!

2. PHYSICS ARE STILL TOO SLOPPY. I'm still seeing ragdoll physics especially when there's a multiple man tackle. The one on one tackling is great & I'm seeing some great individual tackle animations, but when there's an attempt for a gang/multiple hit tackle I'm seeing defenders just fall down like ragdolls. Also RB's are still running up their blockers backs without pushing off when they should (although it's a lot better than it was before with the push offs) resulting in some sloppy animations. I thought the Infinity Engine would be much more advanced by now being that this is year 3. Gotta clean this up.

3. SUCTION TACKLING IS BACK SMH. Too many times when trying to run especially between the tackles I'm getting sucked into tackles or my user controlled runner gets sucked into a canned animation. This should be a thing of the past! Madden 12 had it right when it came to eliminating this but now suction has reared its ugly head again. Get rid of suction once and for all!

EA please address these issues in a patch because these problems are overshadowing what would otherwise be an impressive effort.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #579
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Man I had to create a cheat sheet for all the new damn pre snap adjustments for defense. They moved a lot of stuff around. I am surprised they didn't talk about none of this stuff in the Prima Guide. You would have thought they would have and went in depth about it in the guide, but nope, the guide is mostly MUT stuff.

Hell I would have settled for a PDF game manual for I could just print stuff out. But EA didn't do a PDF this year.

Anyway I noticed I get more fumbles using aggressive tackle button then I do using the hit stick. And I noticed on deep passes I have more success aiming to the left or right of the WR. When I try to lead the WR up the field the DB end up swatting it or intercepting it most of the time.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #580
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I can not run the ball to save my life!!!!! Wtf. I've played about 3 franchise games and I'm averaging about 40 rushing yards. It's not like I'm a new madden player hit but every time I hit the line of scrimmage its me either getting stuck behind a lineman or a linebacker right on me.

And don't ask me about passing. My goodness I'm only playing on All Pro with standard sliders. Two games I had about 120 passing yards and one game I actually hit 300 but I had like 30 attempts.

With all this said I'm still enjoying the game tremendously I just want better stats
Old 08-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #581
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
I can not run the ball to save my life!!!!! Wtf. I've played about 3 franchise games and I'm averaging about 40 rushing yards. It's not like I'm a new madden player hit but every time I hit the line of scrimmage its me either getting stuck behind a lineman or a linebacker right on me.

And don't ask me about passing. My goodness I'm only playing on All Pro with standard sliders. Two games I had about 120 passing yards and one game I actually hit 300 but I had like 30 attempts.

With all this said I'm still enjoying the game tremendously I just want better stats
Might help with your running game: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ning-tips.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #582
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Man I had to create a cheat sheet for all the new damn pre snap adjustments for defense. They moved a lot of stuff around. I am surprised they didn't talk about none of this stuff in the Prima Guide. You would have thought they would have and went in depth about it in the guide, but nope, the guide is mostly MUT stuff.

Hell I would have settled for a PDF game manual for I could just print stuff out. But EA didn't do a PDF this year.

Anyway I noticed I get more fumbles using aggressive tackle button then I do using the hit stick. And I noticed on deep passes I have more success aiming to the left or right of the WR. When I try to lead the WR up the field the DB end up swatting it or intercepting it most of the time.
what is it for manually doing a contain?
Old 08-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #583
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
what is it for manually doing a contain?
On the PS4 LT then R1
Old 08-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #584
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

I am liking this game very much. Of course there are still a few improvements necessary but its heading in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »