Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #433
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekbird
I have barely played any of the maddens since xbox360 came out (even though I bought them all day one and I played pre-last gen Maddens for hours upon hours) I would buy them, start playing the first day being all excited, then lose interest very quickly...I simply havent liked their franchise/cfm modes, which are the meat of the game for me. And even though I said I wouldnt, I bought 15 on tuesday because....football.

First off, gameplay is excellent and DEFINITELY the best its ever been (as it should be...finally) There are still little things here and there but its a video game and it meets realistic expectations. Though the play calling is awful this year...please let me change it back.

As far as the CFM...i knew sim stats were messed up, I knew the new confidence rating had some kinks...I did not expect what I got:

I simmed a season as my beloved Panthers who went 5-11, which is whatever, you never know in the NFL, dont care about that....but the stats...wow.

In preseason they kept 4 QBs and 5 TEs but cut all but 2 DTs...other things were weird too, I dont know what mushroom aided logic was used here...

Newton - 2019 passing yards...missed no games...7 TDs 17 INTs

he also led the team in rushing with around 600 yards, noone had more than 3 rushing TDs

the leading receiver (Avant for some reason)had less than 600 yards and 0 TDs. Benjamin as the #1 had less than 500 and 2 TDs (tied for team lead) and finished the year with 1 confidence

not quite as insane but troubling was defense, where the team that last year had more sacks than any team since 06 finished with around 20, lead by a backup DE with 7. Gano also kicked 54% of his FGs

The reigning coach of the year must have a really really awful system...

League stats of course were not much better, Brady led the NFL with 3600 yards and the most TDs were 27...2 people broke the NFL sack record including someone with 29...4 kickers had over 50 FG attempts and many more had over 40.

Then to the off season...they let Cam walk in favor of Christian Ponder, not that I really blame them with those stats but he was still rated high...

In the draft they only drafted 2 players because they traded all the other picks in order to have 17 (!) picks in next seasons draft.

I know these things are known, maybe theres no reason to complain about them yet again but its just mind blowing...did noone play this mode before they released it...I live near tiburon, just send me a game early and Ill test it for free...its unacceptable and much worse than I gathered from other threads.

EA, take a hint from NBA2k15 which is giving us fully customizable myGM mode....hell, I would be grinning from ear to ear for the next year if you gave us NFL Head Coach with new rosters and Madden 15's game play....why cant you just do that?

Sorry about the rant, just want people that havent gotten it yet that love dynasty modes to know what they are getting into...cant believe I let EA take my money yet again...is it October yet? NBA2k is looking pretty sweet...
Good Rant! I like this idea: EA, take a hint from NBA2k15 which is giving us fully customizable myGM mode....hell, I would be grinning from ear to ear for the next year if you gave us NFL Head Coach with new rosters and Madden 15's game play....why cant you just do that?

I want gameplay to be great but I would rather have a dream franchise mode with ok gameplay than great gameplay and a broken down franchise mode! Obviously both would be ideal!

Yes Madden is getting better but still 100s of things being left out of the game that are part of the NFL. The game lacks immersion for me because franchise mode is non existent or implemented poorly!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #434
Rookie

Beasta52's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

In CFM the options of selecting a TE as the LONG SNAPPER isn't available which raises the question why even add them to the roster? Let me guess Donny Moore thought he would get some brownie points by doing so. I do commend the effort but it has no bearing to CFM, a low rated player that can not be used for anything wasting a roster spot. Please fix

Update contracts such as A.Dalton, J.Casey, and others who have signed extensions put this into the next Madden roster update along with C.Newton, R.Kerrigan and others whose team's have exercised the 5th year options in the off season.

The CFM cpu drafting is pretty bad especially in the first round. Teams seem to draft with no logic.

Big names leave too early for example Andrew Luck due to programming not having simple logic and priority, Cam Newton because of his contract not reflecting what it is in reality.

The current NFL sack record belongs to Michael Strahan, with 22.5 sacks. Why in cfm are players getting 32, 28 sacks a season, multiply players sim stats is broken.

I have another concern will I.R. work this year? As in when the new updated rosters come out will Sam Bradford be on IR or will it just be listed just for looks. Madden 25 I.R was broken because I would but players on I.R but they would still account for a roster spot on my team.

One more thing please fix player regression.

I am under the impression that the DEV team just doesn't give a crap about CFM as in who is programming and testing the game, heck I would do it for free if its that hard to play and test a $60 game.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #435
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt8732
After about 2 days I'm done. All the stuff u just said above is why. Everybody I've seen say they love this game are all playing on all pro. Please play this game on all madden and then come tell me how much fun u have. I'm fine with the CPU out smarting me or having a better strategy than me and winning but not just cheating its way to a win. The game is so heavily scripted I know what's gunna happen before it does it and it seems like it knows what I'm doing before I do too. It looks pretty and all but its same old game from ea just defense got ramped up because seahawks won super bowl. If broncos would have won they wouldn't have even touched it
So why not just play on All-Pro?

I get wanting to prove something to yourself (and others maybe) about being able to be successful at the game on the hardest difficulty setting. Every time I play a shooter or action game, for example, I immediately put the game on the hardest difficulty setting.

However, when it comes to sports game, I got away from that practice a few years ago. Now I just look for whichever difficulty setting is going to give me the most realistic challenge without cheating or giving the CPU artificial boosts. I used to always play NBA 2K on Hall of Fame, but now I play on All-Star (and occasionally Superstar) and have a blast. The advances in AI in sports games have gotten to the point where you don't have to put the game on the hardest setting to lose. The staff at EA even said that All-Pro was going to be challenging this year. Well, if All-Pro is challenging, what do you think All-Madden is going to be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #436
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Hey guys, I'm not going to use my Game Stop pre order code....I'm going to put it in the spoiler below...first come, first serve..

Spoiler
Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #437
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Is the Lambo Leap gone from the game?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 6

Back for it's 4th straight release is the camera cutting to a celebrating HOLDER after FG's and some extra points in online head to head games. It seems to consider this a completion from the QB to the kicker as though it was a pass for a score. Just lazy.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #439
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't know about everyone else, but screens are almost "too money" for me. I almost always get at least 5 yards and have broken 30, 40 yard screens and a couple of 3rd and long (10-19 yds) from HB screens. I'm using the Browns with Tate at HB.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #440
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hey guys, I'm not going to use my Game Stop pre order code....I'm going to put it in the spoiler below...first come, first serve..

Spoiler

I'm at work so couldn't enter it but that was very nice!!! If anyone on the forums wants to be generous and isn't going to use there gamestop code for the ultimate team stuff please private message me with a picture of your code. I would appreciate it more than you know!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »