Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #377
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Skillz what seems different about your experience on normal speed? I wouldn't be surprised if there is an effect, honestly. With Madden it's always possible

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #378
Rookie

OVR: 3

Played a few more games today, and man I LOVE this game. It just feels right! Not perfect, but it is the best Madden to date!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #379
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

I had an amazing game on all pro setting. I am loving this game! Way to step up your game EA!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #380
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Man they need to slow the no huddle way the heck down. The CPU will hike the ball before you even see the on field screen lol
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #381
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Skillz what seems different about your experience on normal speed? I wouldn't be surprised if there is an effect, honestly. With Madden it's always possible
Well after reading this rather long thread, I noticed the pattern of people who play on normal seeing one set stats and results, then people who play on slow see something different.

One example is the CPU throw accuracy.

On normal, I dropped it down to 40 and I am seeing percentages down in the 50s and 60s for the CPU. While on default it was in the upper 70s to mid 80s for completion percentage.

But then I am seeing people who play on slow speed have to drop it down to the teens and 20s to see throw inaccuracies.

Another example is that people who play on normal speed tend to agree there is something wrong with run blocking on default sliders and most had to increase it.

But people who play on slow speed say run blocking is too good and they actually lowered it by quite a bit.

Then you have those who see a lot of sacks by the CPU on slow speed, where as on normal speed, I don't see that many sacks against the CPU when I'm not controlling a defensive lineman.

And to totally make things screwy... I noticed it yesterday that depending on what camera you use, the CPU AI plays totally different. When I just use the regular zoom cam, CPU has a very hard time running the ball. But if I switch to the defensive point of view, the CPU AI ball carriers get mighty big holes and they tend to run for a hell of a lot of yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #382
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

It is pretty good this year. But the penalties being broken and the stats being messed up kind of kill the experience a little. A little too arcade-like. The game play is pretty dang good on the field and then something happens that just kills the experience a bit.

Also, are challenges broken? In situations I should be able to challenge (like disputing the spot of the ball) it will not let me.

Rough around the edges but has a lot of potential.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #383
Rookie

OVR: 5

Having a blast with this game. Sure, gameplay has a few oddities here and there but they aren't detracting me from having fun with it. You actually have to read the defense if you want to move the ball. The days of flinging it up are gone. Also finding that I gotta mix up my playcalling or the D shuts you down pretty quick.

Still in the honeymoon phase but can't get over the upgrade in presentation over M25. All adds to the immersion, which has always been lacking in Madden. Commentary is meh and gets repetitive, but I tend to tune that out over time anyway. Oh, and the fade outs between quarters and the ad coming back from commercial break between 1st and 2nd qtr. Nice touch. The crowd sounds are excellent (finally). Road games feel like road games. Just played a game on the road with KC in Denver and the immersive environment was actually intimidating. Love that.

One other note: Totally convinced that penalty sliders have a definite affect on gameplay. Out of the box and all set at 50, I was seeing very few (if any) penalties so raised them all to 100 and figured I'd work backward if any issues arose. Immediately my running game all of a sudden went completely to nothing over the next several games. My O Line wouldn't hold blocks and my RBs were getting smashed every time they carried the ball. Avg'd about 1 ypc. Lowered clipping and holding back to 50 and the running game returned to normal (4-5ypc.) and holes in the line started appearing again. Facemasks and roughing the passer calls also skyrocketed, so I've lowered each of them back to 52 and those calls seem to be in line now. If having a realistic running game means I don't see holding or clipping calls, so be it.

All in all, best Madden in years. Damn, I just wish NCAA could have stuck around and gotten the next gen treatment. Oh well.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #384
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolet7
All in all, best Madden in years. Damn, I just wish NCAA could have stuck around and gotten the next gen treatment. Oh well.
Amen and Amen! Getting teary eyed just thinking about it...
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »