Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #313
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I originally made a separate thread for this, (in retrospect, my bad); but I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Ok, before I begin, let me just say that this game is VERY enjoyable, definitely the best in the franchise.... BUT theres no way the Seahawks are THAT good. My first 5 games I was always within a touchdown win or lose. Decent passing, ok running. But then I play the Seahawks..... Now I understand the Seahawks won the super bowl, and they had a good team last year, but EA, you've made them overpowered and overrated in 15. I didn't even get a full half completed in my game against them, and they were up 42-3, multiple picks (again that doesn't bother me, I know their secondary is dumb good), but Wilson ran at will, Lynch ran at will almost, they knocked BOTH my first and second string QB's out, and just straight did what they wanted. Again, I understand they won the big game and they were beastly, but come on... compared to my first 5 games where it was close the WHOLE time, to go from that to being dominated? Sorry, but no. (I understand this will get closed, but I needed to separate this from everything else so people can see; EA, you need to tone back the Seahawks some).

Now that I've said that, and played more; let me add to it. I understand the idea of making superstar players good. (i.e. Sherman beastly with the shutdown D, McCoy great at running, etc). But I think it's a little too overboard. After playing more, I realize, you can't really stop them. Yes, they're great, but it's also realistic to be able to counter them, and you can't. I mean, Playing against the Eagles, McCoy ran all over me, bouncing off tackles, blockers blocking like walls, (same thing for Bell and the Steelers). I even tried lowering the skill level from All Pro to Pro, and fixing the sliders to give me a strong advantage, that didn't even work. They still did what they were doing. I dont get it. Again, I understand the idea making superstars play above and beyond everyone else, but come on; they can still be stopped... but not so apparently.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #314
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I am not a 2k guy by ANY means, I'm a big Madden fan, so tear me apart on my post based on that knowledge. Also, I am enjoying the game and labbing extensively. Trying to hit a few unique points here is all.

I posted a few impressions already, but my very first impression of the game, the one that was important to me, was that they changed zoom camera, and I was not happy. Was it sacrificed because of presentation changes?

Gameplay is hard, I have no problem with that unless it continues to be hard to the point where it is not exciting. Everyone talks about how 'fast' the game is. I found it painfully slow and am currently playing on fast to compare. I will likely to back to 'normal' as that will be online play speed.

Tackling feels like it's controlled by the computer.

I liked the Madden 25 physics, but that is not to say I do not like many elements of 15 physics, especially animations.

Someone else was talking about unique quarterback styles. They are in attributes screen just like 25, but they are not showing up like they did so beautifully in 25, as I find most qb's throwing motion is the same. Was this sacrificed because of new player models?

There always seems to be two steps forward and one step back with the evolution of this game. Why is there always something good taken away?

Last edited by l8knight1; 08-27-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #315
MVP

OVR: 34

Will post a video here(if that's okay), talking about gameplay impressions using a full game vs the CPU as the backdrop. If it's not...nevermind

I lost to the CPU on default All Pro,which hasn't happened in about 20 years, and it was for legit football reasons by the CPU.

Needs a patch and there are some rough edges that need to be sanded down. Despite that, it renders every previous version of the game unplayable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #316
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I originally made a separate thread for this, (in retrospect, my bad); but I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Ok, before I begin, let me just say that this game is VERY enjoyable, definitely the best in the franchise.... BUT theres no way the Seahawks are THAT good. My first 5 games I was always within a touchdown win or lose. Decent passing, ok running. But then I play the Seahawks..... Now I understand the Seahawks won the super bowl, and they had a good team last year, but EA, you've made them overpowered and overrated in 15. I didn't even get a full half completed in my game against them, and they were up 42-3, multiple picks (again that doesn't bother me, I know their secondary is dumb good), but Wilson ran at will, Lynch ran at will almost, they knocked BOTH my first and second string QB's out, and just straight did what they wanted. Again, I understand they won the big game and they were beastly, but come on... compared to my first 5 games where it was close the WHOLE time, to go from that to being dominated? Sorry, but no. (I understand this will get closed, but I needed to separate this from everything else so people can see; EA, you need to tone back the Seahawks some).
I hate the Seahawks as I am a niner fan...but did you see what they did to the best offense in the NFL last year and Peyton Manning. No one ever expected that...maybe you just had a bad game...but if they can do it to real life PM...they can do it to you
Old 08-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #317
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

That is how it should be. You should have a hard time beating the Seahawks. Unless you play a great game against them and get some turnovers you shouldn't beat them. That is what I love about this year's game.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #318
MVP

OVR: 16

None of my 'money-plays' work anymore...

'Ruh-Roh'

Old 08-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #319
MVP

booker21's Arena

After several games i can say that this game is really really good. So far the best madden imo.
My only BIG problem is CPU QB taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away or trying to do something else.

I hope EA Patch this and the sims stats and i`m in heaven (without breaking anything)

I tried setting PB slider to 100 for the CPU and is still the same thing, it seems the QB decided to get sack no matter what.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #320
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I lowered the CPU QB Accuracy slider (and human slider) to 10, and now I'm getting much more realistic completion percentages. Even against an top tier quarterback like Andrew Luck, I can still hold him to a sub-65 completion percentage. This is on All-Pro. He still lights me up, but it's now in a realistic fashion. In one half against me, he was like 12 for 19 with 2 TDS and 1 INT.
I^m playing at 4, yes 4 and to me is perfect. but then again i play with the no switch rule.
bad QB are around 50-60 while elite qb are around 60 to 75

all default QB at 4 for both sides. love it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »