Home

Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I think this is the Best version of Madden NFL, the team has put out.

The graphics are beautiful and immersive.The gameplay on both sides of the ball is challenging, but rewarding.

It may not be perfect, but it sure is fun.
I would agree if it weren't for the sim stats. If they can fix that, then I completely agree. The game is so fun. I just don't want to be playing exhibition games or head-to-head games all the time.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
I don't like it all so far.
The "improvements" they made appear to be nothing most sim players have any need or desire for.

Improvement are mostly making something easy (playcalling) a pain in the butt for no reason. When thinking about improvements was there a huge outcry to make play calling different?

Jump the snap is nothing but a lobby exploit and terribly annoying an unrealistic. Guys already getting sacks in under a second with legends like Ryan Kerrigan.

The commentary has been useless for many years, zero improvemnet there. Instead of having Nance and Simms spout the same awkard (many times nonsensical to the situation) crap they have been saying for three maddens, why not hire two nobodies who have all the time in the world to provide some actual insight or a volume of non repetitive dialouge. (dig up those fake 2k5 announcers, they were amazing)

One inexcusable flaw that has persisted for years (just one example) is not being able to do something simple as choosing your KO team. How can this still not be an option? With less xp available, it should let you pick some young guys or back ups on defense to play special teams at your whim, if you choose to use starters they would tire out or get hurt more. But let it be an option, nothing I hate more than seeing a valuble player wasting his time as a KO gunner.

Also commish mode in OLF is still lacking. Ever try getting 32 people across the country for a draft? Impossible. So why not let the commish have the option to draft players for people who cant make it, or do depth chart fixes, or help in resigning players if people cant get to their team.

Once again our league will have to go third party with a daddy league site due to EA being so lacking.

Looks like since jump the snap is some new horrible idea, it will be front and center the most important thing to master or something sim leagues will have to cut out entirley as user skill will trump the player ratings on this one.

All in all, it would be nice to see a review that doesnt bow down to the god of EA in fear of not getting an advance copy and tells it like it is. Or maybe start out with the stuff they never fix before stroking EA's ego in the begining paragraph out of fear.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
Knucks have to agree on that. Companies do go too easy on EA. This review is fair - its a Good game but not a great game and wont be until they fix the obvious issues
Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #20
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Good write up guys. M15 is the best since M05. Ironically that's the last year they focused on the defense.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #21
Just started!

Has anyone figured out how to unlock legend players and share them un a roster? They did this for Xbox 360 last year but not for Xbox One.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #22
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I'm enjoying the game so far. My biggest issues are the constant player clipping/morphing post play & the sloppy physics. Too often I'm seeing players walk right through players laying on the field post play. I know it's probably challenging for EA being that there's so much going on the field at once, but if they can clean up the physics & eliminate the clipping/morphing it would make the game so much better. It really kills the immersion when I see it.

Gameplay is definitely better. Time for EA to really start to differentiate how players feel & animate. Signature animations are a must going forward.
I agree with everything you said, especially the signature style stuff. But I personally appreciate the wonky physics. It feels like Madden 13 felt, only better. I would like it cleaned up a bit, but I am fine with it as is. I had a scrum with Stephen Jackson where 3 defenders converged on him and it looked great. It may not have been a "gangtackle", but it looked great. In M13 they toned the physics down too and it made the game feel stale and like the same old Madden. Madden 15 just feels like a whole new ballgame to me. This game is legit and it has depth! Madden is back!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesdaclown
I don't like it all so far.

All in all, it would be nice to see a review that doesnt bow down to the god of EA in fear of not getting an advance copy and tells it like it is. Or maybe start out with the stuff they never fix before stroking EA's ego in the begining paragraph out of fear.
Welcome to OS.

I'm assuming since you are new, you didn't see this demo review of Madden 25 last year, with some of the same round table folks.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...mo-roundtable/

It's not bad to praise a game if warranted, and it's not bad to constructively criticize a game, either, no matter where it appears in the paragraph.

While I do still believe animations need an overhaul

funky physics system that results in a few eye sores.

Here's one whole paragraph from beginning to end:

But that doesn't mean the game is anywhere near perfect. Players still don't feel unique in the way that they play or look. Running animations are still pretty poor and they're often paired with odd animations. About one in every ten tackles, the ball carrier is flung backwards like they just ran into a rubber wall. Commentary is still really bland

And another paragraph:

I do see some issues, especially as others have pointed out in the animations. Also, what's that strange sound I sometimes hear when tackles are made? It sort of sounds like a beachball hitting a brick wall. And, for all of the improvements in the broadcast, commentary is still pretty bad. It's also time for EA to ditch their "own" broadcast IDs and use ESPN or the NFL Network.

To me, this roundtable seems well balanced. A person will read what everyone has to say, not just pick out bits and pieces if they are interested in everyone's opinion or impression.

Last edited by roadman; 08-27-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #24
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3
I agree this is better gamplay, but the connected career issues are game breakers for most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »