Home

Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
The on-field portion of the game is pretty solid, the skills trainer is fun (if a bit infuriating at times), and as someone who is just getting into MUT, I'd say they've done a good job there too.

However, as someone who primarily plays offline CFM, it feels like half of the product is broken. Game Prep is pretty cool, but the confidence rating doesn't seem to really work. The branching storylines are okay, but it feels like it doesn't pop up enough (Also, the all-black uni for every storyline player is weird). The news stories are a bit repetitive, and the sim stats wouldn't be in tune with the NFL of four years ago, let alone today. Pretty much everything other than the gameplay is mediocre at best.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6
It feels different for the better, not as easy to run or pass and that's a good thing! So far, so good! Menu's even take time to get used to, which kind of sucks, especially when playing online, time is not on your side defensively trying to navigate the play menu, but that too will come with time.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #35
Rookie

Why do EA always
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #36
Rookie

Why Do EA always take things out of madden. The New consoles have more then enough space for .Player of the Game. C'mon EA this is the Easy Stuff I had a Big game with Arian Foster and Got Nothing No After the game interview Nothing. What did you guys forget to put this in" What"!!!!!!? Frickin Frustrating!!!!!! Put that **** Back!!! C'mon Mannnnnn
Old 08-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #37
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

Also I'm still feeling like play action is broken. It's an automatic sack when I call one.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:16 AM   #38
Rookie

dmslapped's Arena

OVR: 9
I wish there was more penalty's, or any at all would be great
Old 08-28-2014, 04:54 AM   #39
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

Im definitely having fun with M15 so far. The visuals are finally getting there on par with the "other" basketball game. I really was expecting a lot more with living worlds this year, but seeing as there was no hype leading to release I knew there wasn't going to be any significant improvements.

The audio while sounding the same(same sounds) sounds much better, if that makes sense. The NFL films camera shots are beautiful at times.

Im really having fun with the defensive camera, and the camera switching on-the-fly keeps gameplay from getting stale. This is an underrated feature. We still need to be able to customize camera angles though.

Ive seen some improvements in tackling but at the same time, far to often when players collide they pinball off each other 3-4 yards away, that's too far. It needs to be tightened up.

By far M15 isn't a perfect game. It is the best game of football ive played in YEARS though, its getting there. There NEEDS to be more penalties added to the game (defensive holding) as well as the ones we do have need to work properly. So far for M15, penalties are non existent.

The intelligence of the CPU QB's also needs to be higher while at the same time the accuracy of there throws is still too high. I do feel a diffence between top notch QB's and scrubs but even the elite passers aren't as accurate as M15 makes them out to be. There is also a nice contrast of ability with different RBs. A power guy FEELS like a power back. A shifty RB definitely FEELS way different than a guy like Stephen Jackson or LeGarret Blount, which is nice. EA needs to keep running with that and give each player signature moves and traits.

The game definitely still has its issues but you can see there is some polish to some areas, now its time to build build build on this base. NO MORE subtraction of features, its time to add and then add some more. Like someone above said the "player of the game" interview is gone this year for some reason. WHY? This is something that EA has to stop doing yesterday. Stop removing features that don't need to be removed. This has been a huge part of their frustrated fan base for quite some time, the CONSTANT removal of things for seemingly no reason at all. Its the classic 1 step forward 2 steps back. Like Ditka says "STOP IT!!"

So far ill give M15 an 8 out of 10, its getting there just not as fast as all of us would like.

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 08-28-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #40
Banned

Madden 15, so far, for me is great. Defense is looking good and that is what has me drawn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »