Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Decided to unlock full game on X1. Best Madden since the PS2/Xbox era. Plays well, is strategic again, visually beautiful (finally correct player proportions!). Running game is good, defense is good. Some legacy issues like WR-DB interactions, suction blocking, etc...but still a massive leap from PS360 engine. As others have said, the playcalling screen is HORRENDOUS. Please patch this monstrosity.

Last edited by lockjaw333; 08-27-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #282
Rookie

GingaNinjaUNC's Arena

OVR: 0

I've got to say this is the most fun I've had with Madden, dare I say, of all time. Minus the (very few) lingering legacy issues, this year plays a great game of football. Started up a CFM last night as the Jags (soon to be Portland Lumberjacks lol) and lost week 1 to the Eagles on All-Pro!! I've never had so much fun losing either, it was like something you'd see on Sunday.

Side note: Most awesome play I've seen in some time; Threw an interception with Bortles around the 40, and Bortles had the angle to get back and make a play around the 3. Wraps up and strips the ball around the half-yard line, and a WR comes in and falls on it for a touchback. It was sweet!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #283
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

After some slider tinkering, I'm happy with the QB ACC slider set at 10 for the human and CPU. I went into practice mode to test it out using Peyton Manning, the most accurate QB in the game, and Joe Webb, the least accurate QB in the game. Even at 10, I was still able to throw the ball with confidence with Peyton Manning while Joe Webb looked liked the 4th string quarterback that he is.

I played a game against the Falcons this morning as the Dolphins on 15 minute quarters. Matt Ryan went 19 for 31 248 yards and a touchdown. Ryan Tannehill went 32 for 49 for 331 yards. Neither QB threw an interception. Hopefully, these type of stats carry forward in future games because I wasn't liking the sky high completion percentages at 25 QB acc.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 08-27-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #284
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

3 plays in, my first game with the Rams...Sam Bradford goes down with an injury and has to leave the game. Most realistic Madden ever.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #285
Banned

OVR: 0

After playing 6 games on default All-Pro I can say that this is probably the best MADDEN game. Reminds me of the Madden back in the PS2 days which is good but bad at the same time. The graphics are good but more I play the game the less impressive the graphics are, like others have mentioned before they looked cartoony and are not on the level of NHL 15 and other next gen sports games. Again this is most likely the best MADDEN game but only an average overall sports game.

It reminds me of NBA Live 14, the X's and O's are their, plays true to the sport but bad animations hinder the game badly. So many repeat legacy animations, momentum does not matter at all, you can be running full speed in the open field then all of the sudden get sucked into a canned tackle animation. Suction tackling is back, juking rarely works because when you attempt to juke you get sucked into a tackle, and the running game feels off, can't quite put my finger on it but running is not fun, backs have no burst and often get hung up on their teammates, and it seems like 50 percent of tackles result in the ball carrier landing on their backs; the juke modifier button needs to be removed and replaced with a push sensitive left analog control.
Don't know why it's so hard for EA Sports to get their sports games to move fluidly you would think they would have it figured out by now.

Its a good game but it could and should be so much better, im not giving them much praise for bringing the game back to how it was 10 years ago, but at least they are back on track, its not their year but it seems like its getting their, Madden 16 or 17 should be the one.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 08-27-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #286
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

By EA's standards this is clearly their best effort...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #287
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

My review

Spoiler

Last edited by Phobia; 08-27-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #288
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I think I'm going with AM for one of my CFM's.

Just finished a 15 minute game (hope to have uploaded soon-Screwed up and missed almost all of 2nd quarter)
The only thing I did after game was bump up CPU INT's and run blk and dropped CPU acc down 1.
On AM a slight bump in anything makes a big step. The CPU was running all over me consistently so I dropped it down. A little too much it seems. So I bumped back up a bit.

On to week 2

Was a really fun game.
Beat Texans on road 31-14

How is the CPU qbs doing on all madden? Does it play realistic or are they just throwing wherever they want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »