Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 03:49 AM   #617
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

I didn't experience bad stats last year, so I can't speak for that, but have witnessed the stats this year.

EA needs to stop counting their money and give us some kind of update on the patch progress.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #618
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope this sim stat issue is patched this year, and soon. However I only expect tweaks
to make it slightley better, Why? The issue is the Sim Engine itself. It needs to be rebuilt, from the ground up. It just doesn't simulate what happens in todays NFL.

High passing volume, High pass percentages
Few serious QB injuries(can't touch Qb's these days)
Slot WRs with huge Rec totals
2 back systems
Goal line backs who score majority of rushing TDs

It seems like Madden's sim engine hasn't been touched since Gen 3 launched. I really hope for a short term fix. But My number one wishlist item, as has been for the last 3-4 yrs is A new, Up to date Sim Engine.

I haven't bought the game in 4 years due to this, and Yes EA, it is that important to a franchise mode.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #619
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Really? You obviously didn't look at last year's stats. There was an entire thread dedicated to the horrible qb sim stats. And another thread on an attempted fix. The fix last year required editing the entire roster.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-notice.html
Played 7 full seasons so yea I looked. I'll reword my comment from before, sim stats for QB's were ok last year, nowhere close to perfect but they were not as terrible as this. Peyton was throwing for 4800-5200 with 45+ TD's last year and a complete percentage at about 68-69......... Thus year it was 3400 with 13tds and 64 percentage. Not sure when Peyton Manning became Geno Smith lol........... Sure sim stats have been weird but thus bad NOOO. Last year RB's were good too, again not great but good, this year you got half the league with 350+ carries. Needs to be fixed
Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #620
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker3
So I decided to change up defensive schemes too for my testing and making sure no team is on "attacking". Unfortunately in doing so, I found another fun bug. When taking control of an existing coach (or your own, it seems), there is no "Base 3-4" option in schemes. Several coaches have it by default, but the moment you go in to change their offensive scheme and playbook, you'll never be able to keep their defensive scheme at Base 3-4. Unfortunately, I was hoping to take all the "attacking 3-4" teams and turn them into base, and now I'm left with turning ALL the 3-4 teams into zone blitz 3-4 or hybrid defense. Well played, guys. Well played.
Wow, that's pretty brutal.

Definitely like the idea of changing defensive schemes just to see what happens though.

Such a shame because the gameplay is really good this year. I'm currently doing a career as an undrafted QB for the Broncos for now until they sort this mess out. Made my preseason debut last night and punched in the winning touchdown with 12 seconds left. Most fun I've had playing a football game since 2k5.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #621
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am so excited to pick up this game. However, as a HUGE CFM player, I need the SIM stats to be fixed before I pick it up. Please EA, release a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #622
Rookie

Do they have a simulate game time option? Or do all simulated games go off of 15min qtrs?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #623
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowbr4
I am so excited to pick up this game. However, as a HUGE CFM player, I need the SIM stats to be fixed before I pick it up. Please EA, release a patch.
I have no idea what is going on in a simmed season...I am half way through my own CFM, and while I have 6 tds and 7ints (I am Buffalo, give me some slack), Brees has 16 tds and Manning has 14tds so far. It may have to do with a re-emphasis on the running game? In Madden's past maybe the CPU would have 10-12 rushing attempts. Last game I played J. Charles had 24.

Maybe its just a small sample size; and as for injuries, I moved the injury slider up to 55 and raised the fatigue slider up to 60. Knocked Alex Smith out for the season in the second quarter and badly injured Hemingway in the 4th. Spiller (of course) was out for the game after the third quarter.

Last edited by debauchlord; 08-27-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #624
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
I have no idea what is going on in a simmed season...I am half way through my own CFM, and while I have 6 tds and 7ints (I am Buffalo, give me some slack), Brees has 16 tds and Manning has 14tds so far. It may have to do with a re-emphasis on the running game? In Madden's past maybe the CPU would have 10-12 rushing attempts. Last game I played J. Charles had 24.

Maybe its just a small sample size.
At years end basically every #1 RB will have 350+ carries, I have even seen 400+. Thats a huge problem. Peyton ended a simmed season with 150 less pass attempts then last year. I am sure everyone else had that same stat I just used Peyton as my example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »