Home

Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Been playing it for 13 hrs and I have fallen in love with the game it isn't perfect but I man it is still pretty to look at the confidence aspect to he cfm is looking pretty cool and adds another layer of things to keep me entertained also I'm loving the new training system in the cfm I've got teddy bridge on my bench and in 3 games with no playtime he has 3000 do more than anyone else because I've put the most time into him I love it and it's really fast and easy to do.....scouting points have been redone you don't need nearly as many and it's kind of the same but eh all in all great game
Old 08-27-2014, 04:07 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Haven't played Madden in a few years, strongly considering picking this up for PS4. Couple of quick (closely related) gameplay questions:

1) Is passing more difficult? That is to say, is it more challenging to consistently complete passes?
2) Are users punished enough for attempting difficult passes and failing to complete them?

Apologies for my ignorance, only been following the leadup to the release loosely.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #11
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

I don't have an impression of the game, just a reaction to all the OS comments and impressions.

So far, this is the first Madden I have not bought at release since I started in 2008.

I'm REALLY glad to see the positive gameplay feedback. It has hit two of the marks for me that I had after last year's game: better core gameplay and better CPU AI.

As an offline franchise player, I can't buy the game while CFM stats are so far from anything reasonable, which messes up how CPU teams manage their rosters. If that gets fixed, I'll buy. If not, I'm afraid I won't.

I'd like to reward Rex and the gameplay team for all they've done with my dollars, but if the only mode I play is jacked, I just can't do it. It's really about the use of my time more than the money.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 08-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Haven't played Madden in a few years, strongly considering picking this up for PS4. Couple of quick (closely related) gameplay questions:

1) Is passing more difficult? That is to say, is it more challenging to consistently complete passes?
2) Are users punished enough for attempting difficult passes and failing to complete them?

Apologies for my ignorance, only been following the leadup to the release loosely.
1. Yes with non-elite qbs. I haven't messed with sliders yet, but I've heard that adjusting accuracy sliders really reinforces this.

2. Absolutely.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
The game is not perfect by any measure. But so far I feel they have finally nailed the defense. Prior to exclusive deals I've been a big fan of playing rock solid D to win games and finally this year I can play like that and its effective. The QBs can still be OP, like Robert Griffin when 11 for 12 at one point on All Pro vs me last night which is inaccurate since he is only hit 65% of his throws in real life, but things happen.

There is a propensity for the AI to complete 3 and long too often and WR to DB mismatches seem to only be exploitable by the AI once again. There are simply too many time that I see a DB matching a superior WR step for step even when I am mixing up routes.

Legacy issues still are all over the place, from the pathetic rag-dolling on tackles and the RBs falling over the Olines feet, which other than Mark Sanchez and the Butt fumble - never happens in real life. But overall I am enjoying the games win or lose as they at least feel mostly competitive on All Pro.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #14
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I think this is the Best version of Madden NFL, the team has put out.

The graphics are beautiful and immersive.The gameplay on both sides of the ball is challenging, but rewarding.

It may not be perfect, but it sure is fun.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm still in the honeymoon phase but my initial impressions are nothing but positives. I think we're going to see many frustrated members here because the players finally have weight to them. You can't cut on a dime and just run around like a crazy person and expect to do well. That's the biggest positive I've seen so far.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Gameplay feels smooth and fast. Which is good. I'm getting used to having camera controls on the d-pad and having to make adjustments to some of the control changes, but that is ok. I'm sure I will get used to it.

I'm not sure I love the new playcalling menus, but again, I'm sure I will get used to it.

Commentary is my only issue so far, and it isn't any worse than years past, but 3 that stood out to me in my first game:
1. Final 2 minutes of a game. I'm leading 7-0. I get a defensive stop. The commentary is, well the defense did the job and got the ball back, now it's time to see if the offense can get the lead. That is not word for word, but the basic statement. So way off...
2. On a kickoff return, they commented that my runner was stopped just short of the 1st down marker. Thankfully, they still gave me a first down.
3. The third one was similar to #1. I was in the lead. The other team got the ball, and the commentary was, now the offense just have to run down the clock to get the win.

Commentary is a detail, not a make or break one, but it does make me wonder if there are any game scenarios that were programmed backwards that we will find later. Like if that team would have actually just run the clock out when they needed points or something. So far, I have not seen anything like that.

I will say, I do love the tempo options...normal, chew clock, and no-huddle. Particularly the chew clock feature that allows the accelerated clock to continue for the offensive team that is trying to run down some clock. Keeps everyone from having to sit there for 30-40 seconds.

Also, noticed on the QB play. Which I'm using a bad QB, so it should be this way. Deep passes for me have been non-existent with this QB. The only big plays I've been able to get are getting a fast guy in open space. I've thrown 3 or 4 int's by trying to force a deep ball. Now, I have yet to play with a decent QB, so I can't say how that goes just yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »