Home

Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

It's release night of Madden NFL 15, and so far it seems like release day is going about as planned. As our official review says, on the field Madden may play the best brand of football you can find. And while there are still some nagging issues, it seems the franchise is more than on the right track. However, it seems that when you get to the facade around the on-field gameplay that the title shows some weakness.

Most of our staff have gotten just as much playtime as most of you at this point, so here are some initial thoughts from the guys who will be covering the game in the coming days and weeks...

Read More - Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Great reviews guys. I've felt the same as what you have posted, I'll be able to have more of a grasp on the game as I get to play more but for the most part this is a good foundation to build off of.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
Creative Director Madden

RexDEAFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
"It feels like EA wants us to learn how to play Madden like real football, and are finally giving us the gameplay to back it up."
"As someone who loves watching football, but doesn't understand 100% of the intricacies, I appreciate that I'm learning while I play."

This means a lot to us guys. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

The menus and play calling are really clumsy but enjoying the game play.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

I've been very critical about Madden the past 7 years, but I will honestly say, I am really enjoying Madden 15 so far. The graphics the gameplay, lighting, camera angles, all kind of shocked me the first game I played. The game really looks like your are watching a CBS NFL game broadcast. Really liking the presentation, great foundation to build upon for future games. Need to play some more games to delve deeper into the game, but I was thinking to myself, as silly as it sounds, maybe NFL2K5 can finally rest in peace in the back of my mine and be replaced with Madden 15......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
MVP

I'm enjoying the game so far. My biggest issues are the constant player clipping/morphing post play & the sloppy physics. Too often I'm seeing players walk right through players laying on the field post play. I know it's probably challenging for EA being that there's so much going on the field at once, but if they can clean up the physics & eliminate the clipping/morphing it would make the game so much better. It really kills the immersion when I see it.

Gameplay is definitely better. Time for EA to really start to differentiate how players feel & animate. Signature animations are a must going forward.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Aside from a hilarious 10 ft high backflip a DE did once, this Madden is awesome. Everything just feels so much better. Sure, there's always a list of things that could be done better(broadcast cam should be default for halftime shows, and should be on the right side of the field, for one), but I finally love getting into a game again. This is a great foundation to build on going forward. Still only 16 gigs, so there's plenty of space for better commentary and improved half-time shows and wrap-up shows and all the other glitz and glam. If they can make another leap like this next year, Madden will finally re-join the ranks of top-tier sports titles. This one is already well on its way.

Still haven't heard Manning's "Omaha" yet through the three games I played.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
No joke! I threw a 40yd pass to a post rout to beat one of the safeties from the 49rs and scored a TD. The safety was upset sitting on his hands and knees in the end zone. One of his teammates came over to help him up and the guy shoved him. That small detail about the frustration of the guy getting beat immediately pulled me into the emotion of that moment!! I have to say ..... Best madden in a LONG time!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »