Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #209
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
After reading impressions all day, I decided to bite the bullet and trade in NBA 2K14 and Watch Dogs to get Madden 15. I won't miss NBA 2K14 too much since NBA 2K15 is right around the corner, and I still have the PS3 and PC versions. I'll probably regret trading in Watch Dogs down the road unless GTA 5 gets released this fall. Fortunately, however, I only had to pay $2 out of pocket for Madden 15, which was essentially just me paying the sales tax.

I did a few drills before I grew tired of that and wanted to dive into the meat and potatoes of the game. After putting the game speed on Very Slow, setting the Speed Threshold to 0, setting the quarter length to 10 mins, and dropping the QB accuracy sliders to 25, I was on my way to my first matchup featuring the Redskins (CPU) against my beloved Cowboys (ME) on the All-Pro difficulty.

My initial thoughts are that I won't regret this purchase in the longterm. This game is shaping up to be a great improvement over Madden 25. I agree with everyone else regarding the CPU QB play. While RGIII only had a conservative 154 yards passing against me with 2 TDs, he completed 90.4 percent of his passes; Tony Romo, on the other hand, completed 72.7 percent of his passes with 247 yards and 2 INTs. Unfortunately, I did not get any passing touchdowns during the game.

I love the fact that the CPU running game is lethal without being overwhelming or unstoppable. Without Sean Lee and a rash of other players, my Cowboys just didn't have the personnel to stop Alfred Morris. I ended losing the game 16-10 in overtime. I had a chance to win the game with a field goal with the final two seconds ticking down, but the field goal fell short by a yard or two. The Redskins won the coin toss in overtime and ending up scoring a touchdown after I forced them to a 3rd down on a valiant goal line stance (up to that point).

All in all, I enjoyed the game despite the loss. Here are the final stats from my first game:

10 Mins Quarters, All-Pro Difficulty, Very Slow Game Speed, Speed Threshold at 0

Redskins (CPU) stats will appear first.

Final Score - 16 - 10
Total Offense - 276 - 295
Rushing Yards - 140 - 70
Passing Yards - 136 - 225
First Downs - 14 - 18
PR Yards - 0 - 21
KR Yards - 94 - 64
Turnovers - 1 - 2
3rd Down Conversions - 5/10 - 5/10
No 4th Down or 2 PT Conversions
Red Zone % - 3/3 - 1/2
Red Zone TD - 2 - 1
Red Zone FG 1 - 1
Penalties - 1/2 - 1/5
Possession Time - 23:28 - 21:11
Sacks - 3 - 3 (Henry Melton of the Cowboys led the way with 2)

Robert Griffin - 128.9 Passer Rating, 19/21, 154 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
Tony Romo - 68.6 Passer Rating, 24/33, 247 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

Alfred Morris - 20/91, 0 TDs
Demarco Murray - 18/69, 1 TD
Robert Griffin - 6/41

Dez Bryant - 11/99
Desean Jackson - 4/36 (1 Fumble)
Andre Roberts and Darrell Young each had a TD reception for the Redskins

Henry Melton - 2 Sacks

I hope to see CPU QB play get addressed in a patch. It wasn't so much the accuracy that was bothering me; it was the fact that the CPU QB didn't have to go through a progression. Like in previous versions, the CPU's success in the passing game was due to Robo QB and consistently dumping the ball underneath instead of looking for receivers down field.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 08-26-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #210
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

The choppiness that I experienced earlier must've been a glitch in the matrix because things are very smooth now. This is the game that I was expecting to get last year. I'm very impressed right now.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #211
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Last time I played madden a few years ago, in my player mode, the sim feature was broken. If you are an offensive player, you are essentially on the field the whole game, time of possession is massively lopsided, CPU drives would only take a few seconds off the clock.

I just played a my player game and it appears as though this is still the case. Anyone else see this. I am shocked years later this is still like this. Ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey,

Can someone please tell me if Madden 15 PS4 has offline franchise mode. If it does, does it have Cpu vs Cpu.
Franchise haven't had that since Madden 12
I like building a team through free agency and trades but I prefer to watch my team not play.
If someone could let me know ASAP, it's the difference between me buying the new game or updated rosters on Madden 12.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbeaver
Hey,

Can someone please tell me if Madden 15 PS4 has offline franchise mode. If it does, does it have Cpu vs Cpu.
Franchise haven't had that since Madden 12
I like building a team through free agency and trades but I prefer to watch my team not play.
If someone could let me know ASAP, it's the difference between me buying the new game or updated rosters on Madden 12.
Thanks
Yes there is an offline franchise. But no, you can not play cpu vs cpu. It is honestly heartbreaking. I miss that feature so much. You can now select owner in the career too which I thought clearly had to mean you can watch the games, but you still can not.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #214
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrickashaw24
Yes there is an offline franchise. But no, you can not play cpu vs cpu. It is honestly heartbreaking. I miss that feature so much. You can now select owner in the career too which I thought clearly had to mean you can watch the games, but you still can not.
Yes you can. There's a workaround ..2 controllers needed. Thread dedicated to it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 1

My first post on Operation Sports in forever is about a game series that I had given up on oh so many moons ago.I'm enjoying it so far,even enjoyed losing tonight online.It's my first football experience on line since 2k5 and I have a lot to learn,I guess it helped that I played someone with some football sense.

I would like to get in a league,but I only average 1-2 games a week,but would love to play and lose to some of you guys.gamertag-mrupnya oh,ps4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #216
Rookie

oukingpen's Arena

OVR: 5
Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I hate the menus. They are slow, laggy and unresponsive. I want to play the game and skip through the useless crap.

Models are much better, but poor design when you see the coach wearing a hat and the shadow on his face is cut off on the forehead. Weird.

A LOT so suction. Hardly any penalties.

It's an improvement visually. That's about it IMO.

Did anyone else get Manziel on their first MUT pro pack? He (rather I) sucks throwing deep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »