Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #513
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Anyone try these yet for '15???
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #514
MVP

OVR: 1

Has anyone sent this to Looman?

Thanks Angel! Great work!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #515
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels28
Last night I ran 2 simulated seasons. I set all teams with "vertical offense"schemes and different playbooks

SD, NO, DENVER, ATL, CHI, PITT, GB, and DAL all had "pass balance"

SEATTLE, AZ, CINN, CAR, TENN, KC, PHIL, NE, IND, MIA, MINN, STL , JAX, BALT, HOUS, DET and WASH ran " balance"

NYJ, CLEV, TB, NYG, BUF, OAK, SF ran " run balance"

Couldn't do screen shots- sorry

5,495- Rodgers
5456- Matt Ryan
5097- P manning
5001- Romo

11-4,000 yd passers( Brady, dalton, stafford, Wilson)
13-3,500 yd passers ( Newton, flacco, Palmer,)
4- 3,000 yd passers( bridgewater, Fitzpatrick, manzeil)

TDs

49- Rodgers
42- Ryan
41- p manning
39- Brees
36- Brady
31-romo
30-cutler
30- rivers
26- Wilson
24- dalton
25- foles
28- stafford

Will post rbs soon- need to get kids to school
Looks a lot better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #516
Pro

OVR: 12

Looking better Angel. How are RB and WR stats looking?

Also, what quarter is the sim on. (Is that an option in Madden)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #517
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Has anyone sent this to Looman?

Thanks Angel! Great work!

CM Hooe copied a tweet from him saying they were "looking into it"..he is also MIA from tweeter since that post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #518
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
Simple question... How does this make it past testing? Especially when it's been such a vocal complaint throughout the years? I'm not flaming EA in the least, but it's a fair and simple question.
This keeps coming up, I'll try my best to offer an answer.

One, compared to any feature adds (ex. game prep) or wholesale adjustments (randomized draft classes) to CFM this year, simulated game statistics is probably a low-priority issue on the totem pole of potential issues. It was assumed "working" so it was probably left either untouched or only minimally updated compared to any other portion of the game.

Two, the issues with CFM simulated stats don't crash the game or corrupt a game save to where it is entirely unplayable (i.e it cannot be loaded or retrieved from the server at all whatsoever). That automatically makes sim game stats issues a lower priority than any potential game-crashing bug with respect to what gets a developer's attention.

Three, it doesn't _appear_ to have a great effect on the long-term progression of quarterbacks in the mode. Going off the X360 Season Ticket version of Madden 15, I ran a simulation of about ten seasons on account of this issue without making any adjustments. The stats were lower, yes, but there were still plenty of highly-rated QBs in the league.

Four, it's very possible that EA Austin already knew there was an issue with simulated stats before shipping. However, knowing about a bug doesn't magically create time to fix it before launch; Madden was always going to ship on 8/26 regardless of any other issues which might come up; any low-priority non-game-crashing bugs that they knew about late in the cycle automatically get de-escalated compared to anything that is deemed higher-priority or found to crash the game, corrupt a game save file to where it cannot be loaded, or what have you.

This speculation is based on my experience crunching on video games I've had drop-dead dates working on; we've shipped games with known bugs in them that we knew about but there was no time to fix them prior to our scheduled launch, so we had to use title updates to correct those issues.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #519
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This keeps coming up, I'll try my best to offer an answer.

One, compared to any feature adds (ex. game prep) or wholesale adjustments (randomized draft classes) to CFM this year, simulated game statistics is probably a low-priority issue on the totem pole of potential issues. It was assumed "working" so it was probably left either untouched or only minimally updated compared to any other portion of the game.

Two, the issues with CFM simulated stats don't crash the game or corrupt a game save to where it is entirely unplayable (i.e it cannot be loaded or retrieved from the server at all whatsoever). That automatically makes sim game stats issues a lower priority than any potential game-crashing bug with respect to what gets a developer's attention.

Three, it doesn't _appear_ to have a great effect on the long-term progression of quarterbacks in the mode. Going off the X360 Season Ticket version of Madden 15, I ran a simulation of about ten seasons on account of this issue without making any adjustments. The stats were lower, yes, but there were still plenty of highly-rated QBs in the league.

Four, it's very possible that EA Austin already knew there was an issue with simulated stats before shipping. However, knowing about a bug doesn't magically create time to fix it before launch; Madden was always going to ship on 8/26 regardless of any other issues which might come up; any low-priority non-game-crashing bugs that they knew about late in the cycle automatically get de-escalated compared to anything that is deemed higher-priority or found to crash the game, corrupt a game save file to where it cannot be loaded, or what have you.

This speculation is based on my experience crunching on video games I've had drop-dead dates working on; we've shipped games with known bugs in them that we knew about but there was no time to fix them prior to our scheduled launch, so we had to use title updates to correct those issues.
Good post. I've heard mixed complaints over progression/regression due to inaccurate stats. I guess I will have to run a sim for myself to see if it is playable for me personally.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #520
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdavi
Good post. I've heard mixed complaints over progression/regression due to inaccurate stats. I guess I will have to run a sim for myself to see if it is playable for me personally.
The number of highly rated QBs is remarkably good with these low stats. Probably better than I've seen in any other version of the game in quite a long time. The issue is that there are drastic changes. Matt Ryan being a 63 after a couple years while a rookie from the first Madden Draft Class being a 95 after 2 or 3 seasons.

^^^ At least this is what I've taken away from what others have said. I'm picking up my copy today and then I'll probably start looking into some different things.

Edit: Unfortunately, it sounds like there's far too many 95+ defensive players once you simulate a couple years, likely because of the crazy number of sacks.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-26-2014 at 10:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »