Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #321
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Who's that cheerleader with the curly hair?.... I want her number.

I think it's 1000101001
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #322
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Lmao@ 24th letter that's a good one. Definitely excited about the game the trailer was good didn't think I'd like the Shaq Ernie thing but it seems it might be cool. I'm a Knicks fan but seeing those Paul George big heads make me sad for him and he was great to play with on the game sucks a lil had some battles against the heat with him
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 3

Body types are still off for many of the players. Players' arms in particular are way too skinny and short.

I wasn't impressed at all with 2K14 graphics mainly because the body types were way off (pointy shoulders, skinny and short arms, and chests thickness). As far as the graphical side gleaming from this trailer, I'm very disappointed.

Last edited by pdx_24; 08-26-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #324
Rookie

OVR: 3
2k can u please fix lebrons Rasheed Wallace playoff look smh
Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #325
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Love how the ball handling looks, the player intros, Birdman, looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #326
Rookie

OVR: 1

OS! I love your site but your media player truly makes the videos unwatchable.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #327
Banned

OVR: 0
I love the NBA2k series. I believe it's the BEST sports series out there, and this one is no different. I don't care what no one says, but I do miss the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube days, where you had sooooooo many options. You had NBA Shootout, NBA Street, NBA Starting Five, NBA 2K, NBA Live, NBA Jam, NBA Courtside, NBA ballers and I think the most underrated NBA game of all time NBA Inside Drive 2003 (Paul Pierce on the cover). I say that because it was like an NBA RPG game when you created a player (this is just regular exhibition, not a mode like Myplayer). You had to play actual games to increase your player stats. I just like variety. This game looks great though.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #328
MVP

OVR: 1

Looks goodish. Cheerleaders and mascots look great. Iggy's celebration is ON POINT. And he does look way better than he did in the Durant trailer. Great animations all around-- from what I can tell of this and Gamescon footage, dribbling's going to be smoother, more realistic, and hopefully more signature this year. I know this is Mike's passion and I can't wait to see how it feels and plays.

Some issues:

Curry's shot is still not fixed. He still has that hitch and his form doesn't look much like that. Seems to be the same shot as last year from what I can tell. Come on, get Curry in for a mo-cap shoot. He lives down the street! Maybe he'll actually be able to figure out his own jumpshot if it's ACTUALLY his own jumpshot. :P

Not digging digital Ernie and Shaq. Ernie looks like a zombie or the guy from American Gothic. The least he can do is look at the camera. Lol. I prefer they went away from shots of announcers until they can really perfect this. It never bothered me that I couldn't see Harlan, Kerr, Bruce, or Kellogg. In fact it added to the realism because there wasn't a digital representation reminding you the announcers were fake people. Silly Creepy Shaq antics is going to knock down the presentation and immersion for me this year.

Also, that ball arena presentation honestly looks kinda cheesy. It's almost... NBA Live-on-a-bad-year-ish. Or something from 2K5.

The skin shaders have the rim lighting turned way up. It looks like everyone is coated in slightly luminescent dust and players look like cutouts pasted on the arena. They don't look like they actually fit the lighting environment. This actually makes the shiny highlights on players even less pronounced because of the lack of contrast, which might look better if they were turne dup. 2K14 looks all around more believable. Strange that the initial trailer had this problem-- then things looked a little better in the Gamescom footage-- and now I'm seeing the shader issue again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Anyone else thinks Curry's jumper looks off?

I know, I know. Pedantic.
It's off.

Not getting the jumper right of the 3-point record holder, the best long range shooter in the league and likely of all time, who's also currently leading Team USA and who happens to live and play locally isn't pedantic. It's inexcusable. :P

Last edited by Sundown; 08-26-2014 at 10:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »