Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #329
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Do you guys think that 2K's attention to detail will capture Anthony Davis's lower chompers?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #330
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

Not digging digital Ernie and Shaq. Ernie looks like a zombie or the guy from American Gothic. The least he can do is look at the camera. Lol. I prefer they went away from shots of announcers until they can really perfect this. It never bothered me that I couldn't see Harlan, Kerr, Bruce, or Kellogg. In fact it added to the realism because there wasn't a digital representation reminding you the announcers were fake people. Silly Creepy Shaq antics is going to knock down the presentation and immersion for me .

You actually could see them in NBA 2k9

I agree though...between them, Sager back on the day, Doris last year....the non player/ coach models have always looked a little weird....

Doesn't necessarily kill any immersion for me because Shaq being ridiculous is about as real as it gets, but I can see the beef with the models,..
Old 08-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #331
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
I'd rather they try to put experimental midair collision animations and have it be iffy this time around and improve it next year than have me slide in place underneath a guy and lose control so he an dunk on me as we've seen in past 2k's. Obviously you won't see it in the trailers, but it's been there for years and it makes guys like Iggy way better than they should be
I'd rather them work it out than just throw something in that isn't ready.

And I prefer 2-man animations you can't get out of to 2-man non animations that you can't get out of like they had in 2K12 or 13, where it just slid you out of the way with no contact animations whatsoever, because supposedly 2-man animations were of the devil. It was a worse product that looked terrible and played no better.

All this hate for 2-man animations is way overblown. It's sort of wishing for pie-in-the sky with an extremely difficult and challenging problem that hasn't been adequately solved realtime in all of computer science yet. We'll get more dynamic animations when it's ready-- and even then, people will still complain about the lack of interactivity, because hey, you do lose control when you jump into the air and collide with another. And for what it's worth, we're already seening 2K put some collision physics where limbs meet because they no longer clip into each other-- but it's not something anyone mentions.

As long as the results are tuned correctly so that contact dunks aren't dominating and results play out realistically (more missed dunks and fouls than not), I'm fine with 2-man anims.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-26-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #332
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Do you guys think that 2K's attention to detail will capture Anthony Davis's lower chompers?

JESUSCRIST DUDE!! That's disgusting! I hope they don't, but you can see something close in Alien Isolation.

Last edited by seanbarkley; 08-26-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #333
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I agree though...between them, Sager back on the day, Doris last year....the non player/ coach models have always looked a little weird....

Doesn't necessarily kill any immersion for me because Shaq being ridiculous is about as real as it gets, but I can see the beef with the models,..
Doris was a necessary evil last year because of the courtside interviews (which I hope are back). And I think she looked bad because she wasn't scanned properly (and had hair).

I thought the coaches looked great for the most part though, some even better than players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
So yall complain about Iggy then not acknowledge he's fixed?

That jumper and stance was beautiful
Iggy looks amazing. He might be one of the best 2K representations I've seen yet.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-26-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #334
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I meant to say in my comment that coaches looked good as well...my bad.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #335
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

As long as the results are tuned correctly so that contact dunks aren't dominating and results play out realistically (more missed dunks and fouls than not), I'm fine with 2-man anims.

All you had to do was put the contact shot at the rim, or whatever it's called, slider way up, turn shooting fouls up, dunk attempts down, dunk rating down.. Problem solved.

Lots of the issues people have with 2k gameplan can be fairly easily fixed with tweaking the sliders..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #336
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
All you had to do was put the contact shot at the rim, or whatever it's called, slider way up, turn shooting fouls up, dunk attempts down, dunk rating down.. Problem solved.

Lots of the issues people have with 2k gameplan can be fairly easily fixed with tweaking the sliders..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish that was the case online
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »