Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 AM   #33
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Finished my first game on All-Pro 8 min quarters. Me Vikings CPU Browns. Browns 24 Vikings 14

Bridgewater 19/37 281 yards 1 td 3int
Manziel 9/12 105 yards 1td 1 int

Tate 28 att 128 yards 1 td
West 6 att 28 yards
Manziel 2 att 23 yards
Gray 1 att 5 yards

Good:
I liked that the CPU got a running game going.
Game looks really nice.
The AI defense was better then in past Maddens. I tried a second out route and the CB jumped it and returned it for a TD.

Bad:
I couldn't get much of a running game going.
Manziel was sacked because the AI had him running when pass plays were called. I also sacked him on a screen pass. Has this happened to anybody else?
Commentary is decent at times and bad in others.
Not fan of the new play call screen
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes

Last edited by Cubfan; 08-26-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #34
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
Have both PS4 & XBone versions. For those still undecided between the systems, I will say that PS4 is noticeably smoother and visually better. Overall just plays better on the PS4. First time playing Madden on anything other than the Xbox since 2005. Guess it's time to move on. I'll post further impressions later. Good luck!
I agree, had xbox one ea pass, bought ps4 version, had both systems on at the same time, ps4 is alot brighter, colors seem to pop more(if that makes any sense) not sayin xb1 is bad looking, ps4 jus looks better.........not a fanboy at all, love but systems
Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #35
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Everything about this game is great except the absoultely horrific new playcalling feature, and what's worse. You cant turn it off. It's brutal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

I rreally am liking it...ps4....and im gone from this board till next season carry on ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by ultralow36; 08-26-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #37
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
Hands down the best Madden to date :apple:

And I didn't even bother getting the previous two Madden's after playing them a few times at a friends house to determine if it was worth the money.

The XB1 graphics/player models are fantastic, and really come to life, no more robots running around out there.

I love that ratings actually make a difference this year. If you put your rookie DE who is a 76-78 up against a Pro Bowl LT, you're going to get stone walled most of the game no matter how good you time your jump. And that's how it should be, AND that's just awesome.

Sim stats is kind of a meh point for me, but I'm sure that they will correct it in a few weeks. If not, there's a work around already in place in another thread that works pretty good (JMO)

I don't care about having 10 seconds to pick a play, because I always let the coach pick the play since I am an offline dynasty gamer. I don't want to cheese/spam the game by picking plays that I know will always work.

I give it an 8.5/10

If they fix the sim stats issue with QB's then it will be a 9.
What's the work around?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #38
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

only real gripe right now is the defensive pass rush moves should've stayed on the right stick

the movement feels good and I can get used to the defensive camera, it makes things more interesting.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #39
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I played a short game between the Browns and Bengals last night as my first game but didn't finish it. This morning, I did some skill trainer, and now am in my first full game (Jets (me) vs Bills)

Obviously the presentation is just stunning. The graphics are breathtaking. I never got Madden 25 for PS4 so this is a whole new experience for me.

3-0 Jets at the half. I scored when EJ Manuel scrambled, fumbled and we recovered on their 40. I drove a few yards and kicked a FG.

The running is nice and smooth, IMO. We had a chance to do a two minute drill to end the second quarter but Geno Smith threw a few incomplete passes. I also user picked an endzone pass.

I love the halftime show.

Robert Woods just caught a drag, juked, broke a tackle and gained fifteen yards, nice play.

The Bills have no running game; 5 rushes for seven yards. Manuel just read his options on a passing play and scrambled for a first down. The Bills just tied it with a field goal. Manuel tried to scramble a few times and we stopped him. 3-3 after three quarters.

The RCW patch on the Bills' jerseys adds a nice touch.

I decided to go for it from midfield on fourth down, Geno got hit, incomplete pass, turnover on downs.

On third down, Spiller got a first down on a screen play. Now they're on the 29, clock's ticking We stop them, burned all three timeouts. They take a FG with 37 seconds to go. And I just threw an INT. Game over, I lose 6-3.

I already love this game. This was on default All Pro, 5 minute quarters.

EJ Manuel: 8/10, 102 yards,80%. 0 TD 1 INT. Geno Smith- 10/20, 91 yards,50%, 0 TD 1 INT.

Chris Johnson- 9 rush, 36 yards, 4.0 average. CJ Spiller- 12 rush, 18 yards, 1.5 average. EJ Manuel-5 rush, 18 yards.

So far I'd say my biggest complaint would be CPU's offense; Manuel completed 80% of his passes but Spiller barely got any running room. I might toy withsliders.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #40
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Played my second game Chargers (Me) vs Ravens All-Pro 8 min quarters. Ravens 22 Chargers 7. Ravens were leading 15-7. I was driving and had the ball inside the 5 yard line and Clemens who had replaced the injured Rivers threw a pick 6 to seal the game. Really enjoying the game pick the wrong defense and the AI will carve you up. However the AI still needs work because they are throwing to many INTS. Neither team could get a run game going.

Flacco: 24/32 306 yards 3 INTs

Bernard Pierce 20 att 42 yards 1 td
Justin Forsett 6 att 29 yards

Rivers 14/23 140 yards 2 INT
Clemens 16/24 201 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Ryan Matthews 15 att 62 yards
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »