Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #185
Banned

CY24JZ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
That's one of those things that I always thought could/should be replicated, I know it'd take a lot of memory, but I remember Live changing Rodman's hair color every game in the late 90's, they had something like 4-5 styles, I thought that was the dopest thing ever! lol

That and the lack of hair movement bothered me a bit(moreso the movement, which it looks like they finally fixed), I would think they could render 2-3 different models for those types of players. Short Hair Dirk, Medium Hair Dirk, Long Hair Dirk as the season progresses, different levels of beard scruff for those types of players. I understand how ridiculous I sound but that would be absolutely phenomenal.
NBA Action 95 on the SEGA Genesis. I remember thinking it was so cool that Rodman's hair color changed.

Then came NBA In The Zone for Playstation and they not only changed his hair color but they even included designs in his hair like the Red Hair with the black bull. NBA In The Zone was one of my favorite games of all time. They had full starting lineups and even had the National Anthem which was sung by a different person each time. Now THAT was impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Always get a kick out of the "all they showed were highlights" posts...like we haven't had shizzle trailers going on 7 years now....you're not going to see play breakdowns and dev interviews in these things, you just aren't lol:
We used to. We used to actually get gameplay footage before release. It was nice.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #187
Banned

OVR: 0

Trailer looks great but, hopefully thats an old built, the graphics still look downgrade but we will see.
Those kobe!!They even added kobe shaded tattoo!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #188
MVP

OVR: 30
Sizzle trailer is standard issue for 2K so it's hard for me to go gaga anymore with them except when it came to 2K14 which was a mindblowing visual orgasm on first attempt on these now current gen systems.

That said, it still looks good with nice bring backs and additions to presentation. I'm already ready for the meat and potatoes in terms of gameplay enhancements the most because we know 2K can bring the presentation and visuals in spades and the foundation has already been laid in 2K14.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 1

The trailer looks amazing and looks like it will be fun again!

Problem though, you guys really like CP3? He looks like an nba live model and does not look like chris that much to me at all. I watch 70+ clipper games a season and that Chris doesnt look correct to me
Old 08-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #190
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Graphics are underwhelming, if this is the best they can get out of the ps4 it will take until ps6 or 7 before we get something realistic. I mean, you still see ps3 like cartoonish features. I'm not even sure this is an upgrade over nba 2k14 on the ps3..

Also, I don't get why people can go nuts over things like pre-game things, cheerleaders and all that when core problems are not addressed. I'm very happy with My League but if we still get the standard draft picks, no ability to sign up to 20 guys for training camp, have unguaranteed contracts and all the true contract and trade possibilities, what good does that mode do?

Another thing about Curry's jumper since he cannot even figure it out himself, while they claimed to have changed it, I highly doubt he will have the real life advantage which is the quick release. You can add a few thousand animations every year, but if you cannot even get that right for a high profile player, when will they?

The music is some of the worst I've heard in a trailer as well. Let's hope it's an old build. They claimed they have almost every face down pat this year right? Let's hope that also counts for classic teams where Vernon Maxwell looks more like Carl Herrera who ironically is the only key Rocket missing on that team.
Yea 2k go visit all the old classic players in their care homes and scan their faces! No buying if you don't. And I totally agree, these graphics are probably even worse than 2k14 on the ps3. I seriously don't even need to buy a new console. I'll just wait till the PS6 comes out in 2031! Right? Right!!?! RIGHT!?!?!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #191
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

OK listen

There is a zero tolerance policy in place

Post on subject as the policy states or get banned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #192
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with 2-player dunk animations...as long as they happen at the right time (like when the defender isn't in position to block the dunk, or if the defender is just too small). I would argue 2-player animations are actually necessary - how else are you going to portray body contact? If you didn't have "contact animations", you'd just end up with players slipping and sliding around each other in odd ways.
Yeah, that was the biggest issue. The defender would be in position but the animation would slide you back into position for it to play out. Hopefully that's gone. The fact that they addressed the charge cheese is promising.

They trailer looks great though. Seeing the player intros made me realize how much I've missed them! I loved the missed charge ani too. It's gonna be a good year for basketball fans.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »