Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #305
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that this wasn't really overlooked and more "have them wait for a couple months so they have no choice but to go online and play" or even worse, "play MUT instead and spend real money".

But that can't be real. However, this somehow got overlooked. It sucks, but thankfully they acknowledged it which means now they WILL attempt to correct it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #306
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that this wasn't really overlooked and more "have them wait for a couple months so they have no choice but to go online and play" or even worse, "play MUT instead and spend real money".

But that can't be real. However, this somehow got overlooked. It sucks, but thankfully they acknowledged it which means now they WILL attempt to correct it.
Well there's no way they missed it. With all the simming Looman said they did there's no way they could have. They probably just ran out of time and said screw it, if we get called out on it we'll claim ignorance and then try to patch it.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #307
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps
Well there's no way they missed it. With all the simming Looman said they did there's no way they could have. They probably just ran out of time and said screw it, if we get called out on it we'll claim ignorance and then try to patch it.
The more likely scenario knowing how corporate America works, they knew about but the suits they work for (the one's who set the deadlines) said the game needs to be at the retailers by X date and there was no time to fix it at that point. Josh has already said on twitter he is aware of the problem and they are looking into it.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #308
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I think they'll patch it sooner than a month.
It took until October 18th to patch rain in every game for certain teams and October 16th for the sliders not working in CFM so that's just what I'm basing it off.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #309
Banned

OVR: 11

As much as I'm tempted to try a workaround like supersim, I've grown weary of tedious solutions that make the game more work than fun sometimes.

I'm also going to wait on EA's solution before purchasing. Offline cfm is all I play.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #310
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It took until October 18th to patch rain in every game for certain teams and October 16th for the sliders not working in CFM so that's just what I'm basing it off.
Yeah, but this is a much more pressing issue. This literally ruins CFM.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #311
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I don't understand why so many people are acting like this is the first time Madden has had bad sim stats.

Sim stats were skewed last year as well.

Sim a season of M25 and tell me how many QB's get over 30 TD's (if any), or what the TD/INT ratio's are.

If it wasn't a "pressing issue" to them over the last few years, they are not all of a sudden going to fix it with a patch just because we complained. We complained last year, there were numerous posts about sim results. Yet here it is with the same skewed results.

I don't think they know how to fix the sim engine, or they are intentionally skipping over it since they want to put their resources to developing other parts of the game code. Or making new uniforms, or practice modes, or whatever.

I think they got the sim engine to produce what they think is satisfactory. The fact of the matter is, this is what the sim engine is and has been. It is not going to change.

At least if history is an indication. I'd love to proven wrong.

But never, never in the ENTIRE last gen, were sim stats viewed as satisfactory by the OS community. I think our expectations of a sim engine that mirrors the real NFL is not what they feel most gamers expect. Most gamers probably don't care if sim stats are skewed year after year, and the Dev Team knows that. So they don't bother fixing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #312
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I'd say it's about the same. Playing 13 games a season in the rain and sliders not working at all also completely ruined CFM. That's just my opinion though.

And I'm simply going off the past patch history where the first two title updates don't carry much weight in the way of significant changes for big issues like this or the rain glitch, the sliders, and editing players which all didn't end up getting fixed or altered until October.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »