Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #329
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
. Looks like NCAA 2k8 Hoops until further notice.
You still playing this game? Impressive.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 2

The sim stats sucks, yeah. But I doubt that's what is causing such regression on QB's and moreso the CPU not being able to recover from this in Game Prep accordingly.

It's a much bigger hit than anyone else. By far.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 4

So we could control all 32 teams and make sure we give confidence to QB every week. Very tedious, but would it get the job done?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #332
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
The sim stats sucks, yeah. But I doubt that's what is causing such regression on QB's and moreso the CPU not being able to recover from this in Game Prep accordingly.

It's a much bigger hit than anyone else. By far.
Horrible sim stats aside. What that screen shows me is that what happens in the game is what matters most, which is the way it should be. He got +4 confidence back from gameplan but he continues to have horrible games with multiple int's which would take a huge toll on any QB's confidence. On that same token one or two good games in a row should be enough to restore some of that confidence whereas if he continues to struggle he will end up regressing. Look at Eli Manning he started the year off with games of 4 and 3 int's and he really never recovered it just kept getting worse from there. Wasn't until week 10 that he had somewhat of a positive game but by the his confidence was completely shot and the rest of the year was a disaster.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #333
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels28
So we could control all 32 teams and make sure we give confidence to QB every week. Very tedious, but would it get the job done?
That most likely would help but that's a real pain to do, and very time consuming. You'd have to adjust it every single week for every team.

Confidence is the main culprit of EVERYTHING wrong with the sim stat engine and progression/regression. It's so broken right now that I don't even know if a patch can actually fix it. They would have to seriously cut down on how much confidence causes issues with QB's.

If a QB has one or two games where he throws 3+ int's, he's basically done for the year and there's no coming back because his confidence will never recover thereby making his stats worse, which in TURN causes QB's to regress horribly; like Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford and Cam Newton to go from a high 80's/low 90's rating to a low 70's rating in just 2-3 years.

What's worse is rookie QB's never progress.

Unacceptable in every way imaginable.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-24-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:20 AM   #334
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm surprised people are so up in arms about this issue--this is nothing new. In M25, I can't quite remember if stats were off, but I definitely remember my offline CFM had, after five seasons, Andrew Luck on the Jags and Russell Wilson (who won two Super Bowls in Seattle), on the Chargers. Kaep was a Falcon.

I find this stuff to be far worse than stats. With that said, I can't think of any franchise mode (Madden or 2K) I ever played that had 31 other independent teams run by the CPU behave as they should. Same goes with progression and regression. We used to complain that players never, ever regressed. Now it's too much.

I'm not saying it's acceptable--it's not. It's actually ridiculous. I'm just saying, when has franchise mode stats and CPU logic ever been great or relatively spot on? There's always something wonky going on.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 08-24-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:24 AM   #335
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I'm surprised people are so up in arms about this issue--this is nothing new. In M25, I can't quite remember if stats were off, but I definitely remember my offline CFM had, after five seasons, Andrew Luck on the Jags and Russell Wilson (who won two Super Bowls in Seattle), on the Chargers. Kaep was a Falcon.

I find this stuff to be far worse than stats. With that said, I can't think of any franchise mode (Madden or 2K) I ever played that had 31 other independent teams run by the CPU behave as they should. Same goes with progression and regression. We used to complain that players never, ever regressed. Now it's too much.

I'm not saying it's acceptable--it's not. It's actually ridiculous. I'm just saying, when has franchise mode stats and CPU logic ever been great or relatively spot on? There's always something wonky going on.
You're surprised people are upset that a major feature doesn't work properly? Why should I give EA my $60 to get a broken game mode that I enjoy the most out of the series?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #336
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

It's your money, do what you please. But simulated stats have never been spot on. And good QBs getting cut and winding up in free agency happened in the last CFM of Madden 25. And there's always been issues with progression/regression. For years, it was the fact that older running backs never lost a step.

Again, I don't know how this ruins CFM because that suggests these issues were fine before Madden 15. They weren't.

This does need to be patched, but if you played and enjoyed M25, or 13, or 12, this really isn't much different than what you had before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »