Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Do I still have to deal with this in 2k15?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bfq-a5FUQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAu5qoqxUrE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #226
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadefan45
Og said that the first one has been corrected. The worst part of 14 to me.

The second video is not as irritating but thos extra bs points add up. I am confident that both things have been corrected. I get the vibe they on their grind this year.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #227
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It's tougher this year. I'll let Dev. speak to it, but from my experience, it's tougher to hit free throws (in a good way) this year.
Real FT% (??) Wasn't that always in the game??
Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #228
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It's tougher this year. I'll let Dev. speak to it, but from my experience, it's tougher to hit free throws (in a good way) this year.
Maybe a stupid question, but why did basketball games go away from the crosshair FT shooting? I know 2K never really had that (in fact, they had a nice one that involved trigger pressure that was also ditched), but I feel like that wasn't necessarily totally broken or abusive if it was set up difficultly enough.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #229
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Maybe a stupid question, but why did basketball games go away from the crosshair FT shooting? I know 2K never really had that (in fact, they had a nice one that involved trigger pressure that was also ditched), but I feel like that wasn't necessarily totally broken or abusive if it was set up difficultly enough.
I'd guess the move away from cursors and crosshairs was to make free throws a little more natural as opposed to feeling like a mini-game. They're fun nostalgia for me, but I certainly prefer the modern technique. I have a lot memories of frustration with the 2K system (try to center, try to center, CENTERED!, crap lost it, try to center, try to center...)

Old 08-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #230
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'd guess the move away from cursors and crosshairs was to make free throws a little more natural as opposed to feeling like a mini-game. They're fun nostalgia for me, but I certainly prefer the modern technique. I have a lot memories of frustration with the 2K system (try to center, try to center, CENTERED!, crap lost it, try to center, try to center...)

Man this brings back memories lol. I remember the frustration shooting with horrible FT shooters.

SN: Why is Shaq shooting left handed?
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 08-20-2014, 12:17 AM   #231
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
for every person that liked the trigger pressure FT shooting, there were another 10 that hated it. We actually experimented with an angry bird type FT shooting system a few years back and it was pretty fun. The main problem with any mini-game like that is that people either got it (and mastered it) or people couldn't do it to save their lives. I personally love our current FT shooting mechanic... simple to understand and users have a decent amount of influence over the outcome without skewing too wildly from real life stats. If somebody proposed another way to do free throws that could accomplish the same results, I'd be open to changing it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #232
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Man this brings back memories lol. I remember the frustration shooting with horrible FT shooters.

SN: Why is Shaq shooting left handed?
2K3 glitch. Derek Fisher shot first in free throw practice. Shaq retained his handedness.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »