Home

OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

they should add like an explosiveness/first step attribute. it would be nice to see some explosiveness when getting to the rim. I wanna see the unstoppable speed/strength that westbrook/rose/wall/etc uses when slashing their way to the rim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GudStuffzz
they should add like an explosiveness/first step attribute. it would be nice to see some explosiveness when getting to the rim. I wanna see the unstoppable speed/strength that westbrook/rose/wall/etc uses when slashing their way to the rim
Thats the quickness attribute i guess
Old 08-19-2014, 01:48 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I sent Beluba, LD2k, Leftos, OGSPORTS about these sliding concerns a few days ago. I received a thank you response from OGSPORTS for the feedback. At least, hopefully someone's looking at it.

Whenever I see new footage from NBA2k15 leaked footage, all I really care at this point is the defensive footplant -- it's lacking, and definitely needs improvement. There's still too much sliding on the defensive side of things.
not only does it need to be present, but it needs to be consistent and not compromised for the sake of rotations. this is what would differentiate speed, agility and elite rotations.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #108
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GudStuffzz
this is a good idea, quick first step is definitely different than quickness. Paul Pierce had a deadly first step in his prime, but we was not quick by any means. just had some of the best footwork in the NBA and could readily beat his man off the dribble if they were overplaying his jumper. once his man was beat, his size and deceptive strength made it hard to stop him. Maybe these players should come out of the triple threat moves a little better than the regular animations. do not want it to be overpowered though of course.

This should also be tied to tendencies, as already there are too many non-driving NBA players (in real life) trying to constantly drive into the paint in 2k in the AI side. last thing we need is more of that.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #109
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILSPAZ57
No Sliding is something that was said when they introduced ECO Motion in #NBA2K14 I bet when the game comes out most of the stuff we hate WILL still be in the Game this includes. #1.Suck in Animations on Dunks.. #2.Bump Animations #3.Server Connectivity Issues. The only thing I expect to change are the game Modes Thats is What I'm excited for especially My League!
These issues with online play. Abusing alleys , full court charges just by walking the ball , court spacing , take the fun out of the game for me. Hopefully they've been addressed.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #110
Pro

OVR: 6

They need to bring back effective at taking defensive charges; get rid of lame long football pass that resulted stepping out of bound purposely; get rid of arm reach animation that leave you frozen in time and have no way to control or break the animation giving the dribbler a huge advantage; allow more user control...when i shoot the ball, i want to be able to control a different player immediate to try to get offensive rebound. I can't do that in any of the previous 2k game. Either it's too slow or it's ineffective rendering being useless or your skills as a player is violated. If you say, oh that might be an exploit for people try to get offensive rebound after the shot...but wait a minute, the user who play defense can also control a player and box out and get their rebound as well...it's pretty fair to me. I mean if it's in the game, it should BE IN THE GAME!! All i am asking is....let the user dictate how they play the game based on their skills and not the game dictate how the user should play the game.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #111
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
They need to bring back effective at taking defensive charges; get rid of lame long football pass that resulted stepping out of bound purposely; get rid of arm reach animation that leave you frozen in time and have no way to control or break the animation giving the dribbler a huge advantage; allow more user control...when i shoot the ball, i want to be able to control a different player immediate to try to get offensive rebound. I can't do that in any of the previous 2k game. Either it's too slow or it's ineffective rendering being useless or your skills as a player is violated. If you say, oh that might be an exploit for people try to get offensive rebound after the shot...but wait a minute, the user who play defense can also control a player and box out and get their rebound as well...it's pretty fair to me. I mean if it's in the game, it should BE IN THE GAME!! All i am asking is....let the user dictate how they play the game based on their skills and not the game dictate how the user should play the game.
But the game should dictate what's successful regardless of people's playing style.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #112
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Some things have to be in the game or it will be cheesed to death because it was in the past and would impact much more users in a bad way. Think about it like this you are playing the game from a 3rd person view controlling one person and knowing where the other person is as soon as you switch before you throw the pass. The long touchdown pass is a pass that happens so rarely because of that fact.

The rebound thing you may have a point. I hope that the CPU rebounds the same regardless boxes out the same whether you switch or not. I wanted the ability to quick jump after a shot some animations you can't do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »