Home

OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #81
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16
Smile Re: OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Are you saying that you guys have been able to change up the help defense quite a bit?
Yup! Getting an easy 3 one pass away was incredibly easy last year. There was also what I call "dump cheese" happening a lot as well. What I mean by "Dump Cheese" is when a guard is driving down the lane, the on ball defender is in great position, yet the big would come over and help anyway allowing a dump off to a score. A lot of work has been done on the defensive end both fundamentally and schematically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #82
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

Quote:
FIBA games have a different feel to them
National teams are in the game ?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:53 AM   #83
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Yup! Getting an easy 3 one pass away was incredibly easy last year. There was also what I call "dump cheese" happening a lot as well. What I mean by "Dump Cheese" is when a guard is driving down the lane, the on ball defender is in great position, yet the big would come over and help anyway allowing a dump off to a score. A lot of work has been done on the defensive end both fundamentally and schematically.

Has anything been done to fix the way 6"11 players jump as compared to 7ft players? In 2k14 anyone over 7 was a terrible rebounder because of the way the jumping mechanic somehow changed because of that one extra inch
Old 08-17-2014, 02:42 AM   #84
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Very true, seeing guys helping, especially in situations where they didn't have to and when they should have but didn't was definitely a sore spot.

That's great news... here's hoping that this has helped the bunching up in the paint if you know what I mean.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #85
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

And what about D help in p&r? or in off-screens? it has been improved as well? and the execution of the plays themselves? is the roll/screen man going for the defender instead of being static in the floor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Were you able to fix a leggacy issue where when you beat a person off the dribble they (usually the cpu) got a speed boost to catch back up?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
National teams are in the game ?
PC Version always has them. Glorious Modding-Community.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #88
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Were you able to fix a leggacy issue where when you beat a person off the dribble they (usually the cpu) got a speed boost to catch back up?
this is important

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »