Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #377
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I know that signature QB throwing styles are in but what about QB stances? In every vid I've seen every QB had the same stance.

Speaking of features being removed, they also need to bring back signature ball carrying styles. They had them in Madden 07 but took them out smh. I hate how evey RB carries & runs the ball the same way in Madden. Shady McCoy for example should carry the ball wide & away from his body unless he's in traffic like he does in real life. Also every back should not be able to pull off the same moves.

Going foward, players need to be differentiated not only by ratings but with signature animations. Now that the foundation is finally solid (although they still need to keep ironing out the animations) it's time to take this game to the next level. Get er done EA!
One of the most annoying things about this game, cb's getting interceptions and carrying the ball in perfect form! Most db's carry the ball with one hand after a pic; its an eye sore and looks even worst with the upgraded next-gen graphics.
Signature ball carrying styles would be great, but I would settle for about 5-10 different ball carrying styles, whats so hard about that? Seems like it wouldn't take much time and effort at all to mo-cap ball carrying styles.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #378
Pro

OVR: 1

Crossing routes were wide open too quick in nearly every video I watched. In general there seems to be too much separation between wr's and db's.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #379
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Overall good, but ok, opening sequence to a game (before kickoff even), and fans are going insane for some reason...

NE @ NYJ, 3rd quarter, Brady gets sacked and fumbles the ball on his own 15, and not one person in the crowd stands up.

We are talking about Jets fans, a fan base that feels the need to remind us everyweek that they can spell J-E-T-S....
Old 08-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #380
Rookie

All I'm going to say is all you guys need to do yourselves a solid and learn about REAL NFL blocking schemes. Then learn about QB mechanics and footwork. Once you have both those down to a science, go back and look at the footage you're praising. Just keep in mind plays are designed with SPECIFIC blocking schemes which dictate the success or failure of a play. Don't believe it? Look it up. Not every team in the NFL uses the same generic hybrid nonsense you see in Madden. EXAMPLE: In the Jets vs Patriots video you have a toss to the outside but you get TWO nonsensical double teams in the middle while leaving TWO linebackers free to T off on the play essentially killing it. Not only that, the safety even comes up and helps destroy the play. So basically the play is dead before it even starts. Now this is less great defense and more dumb idiotic blocking design. No team in the NFL would EVER use such nonsense. As hard as it might be to believe, EVERY play has a specific scheme and design for the guys upfront. One missed block, one bad decision can dictate the play's success or failure. Let that sink into your head. SPECIFIC DESIGN. Something that is sorely missing in Madden. They need to fix it so that you get football outcomes based on football. Not based on sloppy mechanics. That hybrid blocking mess has to go. If a team uses zone blocking, the plays need to be designed to use zone blocking. If a team uses man blocking, the plays... well you get where I'm going. If you think I just made this out for kicks, then look it up for yourselves. This is nothing to do with hating on Madden, it is a fact. The game has the WORST hybrid blocking system I've seen.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #381
Banned

IckyTv's Arena

i am soooo hype for the game to release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #382
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Unhappy Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

People lose sight of the fact that Madden has and always will be a video game first and foremost. It's fun. It's a lot of fun in fact.

If your a Madden fan you know what your getting. Why is Madden so popular? Because it is a lot of fun to play your buddy.

That is what this game caters to first and foremost. Human vs human games. Online sim leagues are pretty awesome.

As far as offline franchise I have found a way to thoroughly enjoy this game.

Seems like I make this very same post every year. Football is actually a very complicated team sport and to replicate the minutia details that some want....Madden will never ever deliver that. Never has....never will and despite some thinking other football titles have....I call BS.

They were not much different in the grand scheme. Madden has been and will be the most popular football video game around. Even when there were 3-4 different football games Madden was the king.

There was a reason for that.

Fun.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #383
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
People lose sight of the fact that Madden has and always will be a video game first and foremost. It's fun. It's a lot of fun in fact.

If your a Madden fan you know what your getting. Why is Madden so popular? Because it is a lot of fun to play your buddy.

That is what this game caters to first and foremost. Human vs human games. Online sim leagues are pretty awesome.

As far as offline franchise I have found a way to thoroughly enjoy this game.

Seems like I make this very same post every year. Football is actually a very complicated team sport and to replicate the minutia details that some want....Madden will never ever deliver that. Never has....never will and despite some thinking other football titles have....I call BS.

They were not much different in the grand scheme. Madden has been and will be the most popular football video game around. Even when there were 3-4 different football games Madden was the king.

There was a reason for that.

Fun.
Well evidently you weren't keeping track because Madden was most certainly NOT king as you say. Otherwise they would have never wasted any money on securing the license. But you know what, since you call BS on any other football games that haven't delivered fundamentals I challenge you to prove it. And I will do the same in turn. Because evidently, if you think for one second Madden is a sim you are delusional. So PROVE IT. Show me that Madden has all the nuances of fundamentally sound football. If you can do that then that would be a magic trick Chris Angel himself might want to study. Not much different in the grand scheme... oh really? Well lets test that theory. Get some Madden footage that shows true football fundamentals, techniques, mechanics, blocking schemes, realistic read react, WR/CB interactions, realistic penalties, visible injuries, organic play development, bring it all to the table and again, I will do the same in turn. Then we can compare notes and see about your definitive opinion on the matter.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #384
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
Well evidently you weren't keeping track because Madden was most certainly NOT king as you say. Otherwise they would have never wasted any money on securing the license. But you know what, since you call BS on any other football games that haven't delivered fundamentals I challenge you to prove it. And I will do the same in turn. Because evidently, if you think for one second Madden is a sim you are delusional. So PROVE IT. Show me that Madden has all the nuances of fundamentally sound football. If you can do that then that would be a magic trick Chris Angel himself might want to study. Not much different in the grand scheme... oh really? Well lets test that theory. Get some Madden footage that shows true football fundamentals, techniques, mechanics, blocking schemes, realistic read react, WR/CB interactions, realistic penalties, visible injuries, organic play development, bring it all to the table and again, I will do the same in turn. Then we can compare notes and see about your definitive opinion on the matter.
It's my opinion in playing every iteration of video game football that no game has ever captured every single nuance that so many madden haters post about every single year. I never said Madden is realistic. All I am saying is the game has long history of being very popular and a lot of fun to play an back when there was several titles to choose from I am fairly certain it out sold most if not all of it's competitors.

Whether you like the game or not....I truly don't care. I know I enjoy it a ton and while last gen was for the mostly part sub par I found M25 to be the best game of video game football I had played in over a decade.

Relax. I am just stating some general opinions. If you don't agree...cool. Makes no difference to me. I just think way too many people expect way too many thing out of video games. Especially sports games.
I feel football is the toughest sport to replicate on the console and Madden while not ultra realistic has a formula that has been proven. And it's why the game has such a successful brand name in the mainstream video game world. I am looking for a game to be a lot of fun first and foremost. Madden has done that more time than not for my taste. Madden for most of its history has provided me with countless hours of fun.

Period.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-16-2014 at 03:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »