Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #177
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I know this is your opinion but Madden has a long way to go to be considered truly next-gen, too missing too many elements that are already in other sports games.
When they overhaul the animations, get rid of the legacy animations and add a TON more, greatly reduce repeat animations, remove the dependence on canned animations, add foot-planting, make the players move realistically with realistic momentum, add wr/db interactions, add individual animations and player tendencies, and add true gang tackling. Until these things are implemented in this game I can't give it the true next-gen title, it may seem like Im asking too much but Im only asking for things that are already in other sports games and have been for years.
With that been said, Madden 15 does look much improved.

Thanks for a recap of things that have been discused over and over. Those things fall under "There is still plenty to work on but, they know that". Just because there are plenty of things to work on doesn't mean it can't be considered next gen.

Last edited by charter04; 08-14-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #178
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Game is looking nice, can't lie, can't lie, but i could just imagine how much greater it would be with better running animations and throwing animations. I really hope overall player movement & fluid looking animations is a MAJOR point of focus for Madden '16.
I think the entire OS community agrees with this. lol.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #179
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

One thing I want to see...When the Giants scored the TD, I saw a teammate celebrate by running right past the RB...I understand these a real time animations but I feel they have to get some teammates in the these celebrations
Old 08-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #180
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just watched a video with some of the relocation uniforms and they look just awful. I saw one uniform with the Oregon Duck wings on the shoulders which I found hilarious. They all look like college uniforms. A lot of the logos aren't that bad but the color schemes aren't that great and the uniforms are really, really bad.

Haven't watched the gameplay vids yet but I'll check them out later when I have more time.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 24

Looks fantastic. Gameplay seems to be (finally) up to par. The commentary though, still leaves something to be desired. Still on the dull, non-excited side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #182
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Just watched a video with some of the relocation uniforms and they look just awful. I saw one uniform with the Oregon Duck wings on the shoulders which I found hilarious. They all look like college uniforms. A lot of the logos aren't that bad but the color schemes aren't that great and the uniforms are really, really bad.

Haven't watched the gameplay vids yet but I'll check them out later when I have more time.
Deuce, when they hiring you to do some presentation work? Get on that!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #183
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I quoted KJ's post because we seem to share some similar sentiments towards Madden but this post is really to whomever it may concern.

I initially thought I wouldn't be posting anything ITT because I decided to follow the old adage of, "if you don't have anything good to say...". Until I saw this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63CQ...ure=youtu.be&a and to a lesser degree the one by Simfball. ("Lesser" because the other one didn't have any User commentary like Simf's, nothing against Simf's User commentary, I like it in his videos where he's demonstrating specific things but I find any User commentary distracting when trying to just watch game play)

Anyway, after seeing these videos being played in Zoom cam, it completely changed my impression of M15, from "still seems too much like Madden to me" to "ok, I might can jive with this from that game play perspective". That zoom game play view just seems to flow better overall with the game, providing a more immersed and challenging experience. It's possible it maybe different playing from that view versus spectating but I definitely want to give it a shot.

Hopefully I'm not the only one that gets the same impression from that game play view versus others because I'm looking for a league that will require the Zoom cam view on offense and that or the Defensive lock cam on defense. I think those User limited, more field level game play views will provide a much better experience playing the game, in spite of its' existing flaws versus the others, which seem to make it harder not to exploit the game's flaws.

If I can't find such a league or one doesn't exist, I will try to start one myself, for like minded gamers.

That does make a difference. I enjoyed that video. I think the first stream that impressed me so much used it too. I guess I know what camera I have to use now at least.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #184
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

I kinda liked the uniforms ...ALOT. I don't mind the college look to them at all..but then again I prefer college uni's over the pros. It's funny you pointed out the Oregon Ducks Wings - that was my favorite.

*runs away in shame*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »