Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #161
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

I'm loving all these videos the game is looking great EA good freaking job ! Just deliver a good patch if needed that will take care of the small stuff that all I need......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #162
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

It seems EA has tuned player momentum to closer resemble PS3 madden 25 than PS4's madden. . Looking at guys using super spin moves and cutting on a dime with little to no loss of speed.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #163
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So this is newAttachment 80649
From the video it looks like the video montage highlighting a player that they talked about. I wish the guy didn't talk over it, I wanted to get a grasp of what was being said. He just threw a TD which would make sense to show the highlight reel, but all it showed was Ryan being sacked. Hopefully it talks about despite all this pressure from the Saints Ryan was able to lead his team back into the game (should of concluded with that TD though).

If implemented correctly I love those types of presentation elements.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #164
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
From the looks of it it seems like yet another year of madden, which is either a good thing or bad thing depending on your feelings towards madden. Nothing stands out to me as a huge change or improvement. My biggest hope is that the game feels better, especially on defense. I've never felt like I had good control over my player in madden, which is one reason I loved the 2k football games.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #165
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Idk, I'm just not feeling it. With no demo I decided to preorder from best buy and get the game for $40. I'm starting to think that was a mistake. I'm really not seeing the inaccuracies or better d. It looks to play about the same as 25.

Glad so many people are liking what they see, I wish I could say the same.
I quoted KJ's post because we seem to share some similar sentiments towards Madden but this post is really to whomever it may concern.

I initially thought I wouldn't be posting anything ITT because I decided to follow the old adage of, "if you don't have anything good to say...". Until I saw this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63CQ...ure=youtu.be&a and to a lesser degree the one by Simfball. ("Lesser" because the other one didn't have any User commentary like Simf's, nothing against Simf's User commentary, I like it in his videos where he's demonstrating specific things but I find any User commentary distracting when trying to just watch game play)

Anyway, after seeing these videos being played in Zoom cam, it completely changed my impression of M15, from "still seems too much like Madden to me" to "ok, I might can jive with this from that game play perspective". That zoom game play view just seems to flow better overall with the game, providing a more immersed and challenging experience. It's possible it maybe different playing from that view versus spectating but I definitely want to give it a shot.

Hopefully I'm not the only one that gets the same impression from that game play view versus others because I'm looking for a league that will require the Zoom cam view on offense and that or the Defensive lock cam on defense. I think those User limited, more field level game play views will provide a much better experience playing the game, in spite of its' existing flaws versus the others, which seem to make it harder not to exploit the game's flaws.

If I can't find such a league or one doesn't exist, I will try to start one myself, for like minded gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #166
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Anyone heard of a PS4 bundle?
Don't see that happening since EA and Microsoft have a deal with each other.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #167
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
One negative I notice from all the videos seen here is the tackle and overall physics engine still needs a lot of work. Far too many times players are bouncing 3 yards back from a collision that didn't have the speed nor the momentum to cause the reaction. This goes for the ball carriers as well as the defenders. While defense has been inproved tackling in general needs some big time "
To me this is the number one problem in Madden, not that it hasn't been said many times before. Physics based momentum, watch any slo-mo replay in the NFL and you have a good idea. If Eddie Lacy is rumbling down the field and lowers his shoulder into a smaller CB, it's a pretty certain outcome. In Madden, you have no clue what's going to happen, they could go into the stupid stalemate until one man falls over animation, the CB might lower his shoulder and flatten Lacy, one player might flop flat on their back, you just don't know. How great would it be to feel that momentum and know when you are about to lower the boom on someone? To see the collision and watch the pads/jersey ripple from the force, To know if you level a player who just caught the ball but didn't have their head turned in time to see you coming a huge hit would play out. Has got to happen for Madden to ever take the next step.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #168
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Don't see that happening since EA and Microsoft have a deal with each other.
I figured. Will Madden run in real 1080p at 60 fps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »