Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #121
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I would really like to see inaccuracies tied into not having feet set. There were quite a few manual drop back, throws off the back foot that looked money. I think if you have no pressure, and throw whille your feet are set, Inaccurate throws should be rare. The more pressure, and the more you try to throw in a position not conducive to throwing a football, the more inaccurate your pass should be. Rolling out to your dominant hand and throwing while moving forward shouldn't be as costly as chucking one up off your back foot while backpedaling. Or throwing across the field after escaping. those should be next to impossible to get an accurate pass.

I can tell ya that using the the RS to lead pass or throw a low trajectory pass on a curl route while dropping back will result in inaccurate passes on M25. I feel you have to get your feet set with if your going to use pass trajectories and throw certain passes. Now Elite QB's may get away with it but average joes were not in my experience with custom sliders to boot.

Again I think once we get sliders going this game has a high ceiling to play really freaking crazy good.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #122
Banned

I like:
Graphics
Presentation and camera angles
Pass defense
Pass inaccuracies
Effort catch attempts
Line play
Tackling, seems to be more multiple contact tackles
The Gauntlet

-Did Not Like
Still no foot-planting
No realistic momentum ball carries cut on a dime without slowing down or planting feet.
Ball carriers not aware of their surroundings they don't protect themselves before getting hit
EVERY player carries the ball the exact same in perfect technique
Qb drop backs and animations are horrible as always

Receivers give effort catch attempts for high balls but NOT for balls thrown low, they don't acknowledge low thrown balls, just stand their. Receivers diving down (facing the Qb) for low thrown balls happens multiple times every game in the NFL but yet seem to be non-existent in Madden.
Still no body or chest catches
Receivers always land on feet after catches & momentum does not change after making catches.

The Raiders got a pick 7 on Manning, no one of the team celebrated with him, in fact one of his teammates walked right pasted him like he's wasnt their.

Looks like most my complaints are are about animations, I haven't really played Madden like that in years so I really can't speak on the logic compared to previous versions of this game.

Overall it looked improved, still has a very long way to go, but its worth a free copy with the XboxONE bundle Ive pre-ordered, so im looking forward to the 26th.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 08-14-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #123
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
WHAT?? You mean you haven't got a PS4 and The Show 14 yet??? LOL jk. But your missing out man. TS is amazing.
I have been holding out. But I can already see now with this game, 2K15, NHL 15 that the sports games are developing far quicker than they did on the PS3. It's night and day.

I think I am ready to go for it. And you know how much I love The Show!!! Just transfer my PS3 cloud files to that one.

But Madden is a game that hooked me again last year with M25. It has been so long (Madden 2005) since I played a Madden to death and I can see myself playing Madden 15 till Madden 16 easily. I am really impressed with everything I have seen thus far and I am really wanting to see the AI 2.0 in action. To me that is the real test of truly being next gen.

Sports games are looking really good this holiday season indeed.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 08-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #124
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

cant say it enough those player models look great. The broadcast cam in Eagles vs Skins looks sweet too. I almost want to try and play from it but I know I wont be able to see far enough downfield..lol

Zoom cam looks purdy as well but we still need custom cams in the future

One negative I notice from all the videos seen here is the tackle and overall physics engine still needs a lot of work. Far too many times players are bouncing 3 yards back from a collision that didn't have the speed nor the momentum to cause the reaction. This goes for the ball carriers as well as the defenders. While defense has been inproved tackling in general needs some big time "love"

visuals are definitely an upgrade this year. hope they keep building on them and NEXT year must be the year to pimp out LIVING WORLDS and wr/db interactions. Then, we will have something!

I don't know about you but im READY to get in on fellas..i wanna play M15 right now

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 08-14-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #125
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I've been a Giants fan for 33 years, and even I will say that Romo is an excellent QB. He has had a few let downs in key spots, but he is far from the problem in Dallas, and I absolutely despise everything about the Dallas Cowboys. Being a fan is one thing, but being sensible and factual is another. I actually find Romo to be better than Eli Manning. At least from a throwing mechanics and accuracy standpoint. I'm an Eli manning fan, he's a winner and he earned those two bowls, but has been mediocre the majority of years in his career. Romo has played pretty consistently well throughout and has put up some gaudy numbers. That being said, it's all about winning in the NFL.
Giants fan being civil/agreeing with a Cowboys fan?? Shut this thread down mods this is egregious...

All kidding aside these videos have given me a positive outlook on this year's version of madden. I probably won't pony up the money for a next gen console this year but as long as all the features translate over to 360 I will enjoy this game even with lesser graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #126
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
The gameplay is looking good, but graphically, I'm not feeling it. With NBA 2K, it looks pretty close to real life. In Madden, it looks cartoonish. I'm just happy I'm complaining about visuals instead of gameplay for once!!!
I've never though Madden's graphics looked all that real. They aren't bad, but like you said they are a bit cartoonish.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #127
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Only was able to watch 2 videos on my phone since I'm running around alot, but my biggest disappointment so far is qb animations. Even more generic than 25. That will definitely hurt the immersion with playing with different qbs.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #128
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Game is looking nice, can't lie, can't lie, but i could just imagine how much greater it would be with better running animations and throwing animations. I really hope overall player movement & fluid looking animations is a MAJOR point of focus for Madden '16.

Last edited by adub88; 08-14-2014 at 04:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »