Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #673
Banned

Lucky7317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

While I applaud the 2K Devs for communicating with us on here, I am very frustrated after reading the interview.

Enough with spin already. All this is, is offline association returning (sure plus a small few "new" settings we can now tweak). Hardly a revolution there.

I thought I paid $399 for a "next-gen" system. This feature set sounds like not even "current-gen". I may as well had just bought a PS2.

When I first read the new title "MyLeague", I immediately thought this was going to be 2K's response to Madden's CFM all-in-one approach.

Speaking of EA, Madden has the same exact development cycle as 2K yet they carried over all of their features to the "next-gen". Why are we giving 2K some kind of pass? I bought a "next-gen" system anticipating more, certainly not less. Again

This is a big disappointment if this is not online

I applaud 2K devs
Old 08-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #674
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7317
Enough with spin already. All this is, is offline association returning (sure plus a small few "new" settings we can now tweak). Hardly a revolution there.
I'm sorry, but no. Injuries, gameplan, all new prospect scouting (that we haven't even gone in depth about) and a plethora of other Franchise features (common between MyGM and MyLEAGUE) that we'll discuss in a future announcement, are all new features that were added.

I said I'd stop saying it, but I guess some people just don't want to see the work that was put into it, unless you don't consider everything added besides the sliders "work".
Novato, CA, USA
Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #675
Banned

Lucky7317's Arena

I really hope they did not drop Online Association in favor of the old online leagues.

That would be going back to the stone age as far I'm concerned.

2K please just announce ONLINE MyLeague and I'll be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #676
Banned

Lucky7317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'm sorry, but no. Injuries, gameplan, all new prospect scouting (that we haven't even gone in depth about) and a plethora of other Franchise features (common between MyGM and MyLEAGUE) that we'll discuss in a future announcement, are all new features that were added.

I said I'd stop saying it, but I guess some people just don't want to see the work that was put into it, unless you don't consider everything added besides the sliders "work".

Leftos,

I thank you for even engaging me directly. I am truly honored no doubt.

Respectfully, I really really hope to hear the magic words, ONLINE Assocciation or ONLINE MyLeague.

Even if the old online leagues are brought back in some way, it should not be at the expense of Online Association.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #677
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I really hope they did not drop Online Association in favor of the old online leagues.

That would be going back to the stone age as far I'm concerned.

2K please just announce ONLINE MyLeague and I'll be happy.
If your real beef is you want it online then just be honest and say that instead of discrediting the tons of work they have put into myleague, acting as if it's nothing but 'small' additions.

This amount of customization makes Madden's career stuff look stoneage. It's ground breaking for sports games career modes.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #678
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Leftos,

I thank you for even engaging me directly. I am truly honored no doubt.

Respectfully, I really really hope to hear the magic words, ONLINE Assocciation or ONLINE MyLeague.

Even if the old online leagues are brought back in some way, it should not be at the expense of Online Association.
Here's the thing. I get your want for an online franchise mode. I really do. But when you take all that we've announced and sum it up as "offline association with a few switches", that isn't constructive in any way. When you say "enough with the spin" when we didn't spin anything, that isn't constructive. I'm here to share my excitement and get feedback about MyLEAGUE. This doesn't help.
Novato, CA, USA

Last edited by Leftos; 08-10-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #679
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Can we keep the online talk out of this thread?

At this point this has been an offline mode thread and we'd rather not derail it with more online talk.

You guys stop ignoring us telling you to leave the online stuff out of here.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #680
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
I don't see that in the post. But even if that's the case, could you really want lame them for deciding to focus all their development time on the new generation instead of focusing on an old system?
I never said they should focus solely on the last gen, but the fact remains that 2k14's association mode had a lot of problems that was never fixed from 2k13. Them shipping out the same exact thing with no form of updates or problem fixes is going the EA route straight up. I'm excited for this mode, but what's the point if it's not at least on the PC version of the game (the version I play). Not revamping the mode entirely on the 360 or PS3 is one thing, shipping out the same mode with the same problems is another. I hope this isn't the case, as the PC version should be able to handle all the graphical updates 2k14 on the new console had, and still not drop in FPS.

Last edited by ChillVillain; 08-10-2014 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »