Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #49
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Which version of Live are you referring to? Live 14's interior defense was horrific...forget KD...Mario Chalmers could dunk through 3 defenders...the rotations were on point...but it didn't really matter because there was no contact inside 50% of the time..

Completely agree with the 2k game speed....anything 50 above felt awful to me...straight cockroach mode...
Live 10 interior defense

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #50
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

I hope alleys are toned down and the fadeaway floater shot isn't as automatic. Hopefully he looked into all that
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #51
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Live 10 interior defense

Gotcha.

Only issue with Live 10's (and 2k11's) highly praised interior D is that they were papered by some heavy two man animations...there were times where guys would literally stop and start and animation at the rim...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #52
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Another step in the right direction for 2K. Last year was the first time I didn't purchase a basketball game in my life. What I'm seeing so far will make me buy a copy again.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #53
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Gotcha.

Only issue with Live 10's (and 2k11's) highly praised interior D is that they were papered by some heavy two man animations...there were times where guys would literally stop and start and animation at the rim...
Yeah I think that might be worse than what we have. Some good contest animations are there they just don't miss at times
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:55 AM   #54
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks like 2K has put their right foot first and then stepped their left foot right in the same direction; the right direction. I hope that he's got a good basketball mind and that we see it reflected in the gameplay and maybe even fix a few things.

This just got me more excited to see what they have in store for gamescom and future announcements. The future looks bright.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #55
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

I see a lot of hate with ppl. cuz he made a decision with his life, its not about LIVE, its about whats the right situation for him... far as Live goes, OG did all he can do with that series in his short time, All that team specific defensive, and offensive ***. Thats his work., Maybe they wanted to go a different route, and OG wasn't feelin it, nobody knows what happen, but them.

Live lost somebody with that type of knowledge, will hurt them, dont think Live will recover in 15, maybe one day, just not this yr.

Now what he is doing, i hopes a little bit of his picks he wants, makes it in 2K15, but with a new game cycle in NBA2K16, OMG no telling how much impact that crew at 2k is a beast now, Leftosa, Mike Wang, Bedswardroy19, and Scott OG, This is a Team, fot the future, we straight far as we concern.
Im happy for thr bro. #SimNation #WinnersWin
Dont speak bad about ppl , if you dont know them personally.

He did LiveStreams last yr, at least 4 of them before that game drop, interacting with the communnity, He is a Good, Solid , down to earth, Humble Bro. So ppl , Go ahead and hate, while he prosper
Big Kev #SimNation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #56
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

2k has made some excellent decisions bringing in guys from the community with beds, OG and leftos and they still work with czar. If you've listened to any of the sim nation radio shows featuring OG, you should already know he's all about realistic basketball, and his understanding of basketball fundamentals and strategy is on another level, since he'd played professionally. I was and am still excited about OG being in the industry period. I think 2k15 will be the true showcase of what 2k will be able to do on these next gen consoles.

Last edited by jersez; 08-10-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »