Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #41
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
This is FACT, NBA live is superior to 2k in every way. 2K always switches who's guarding who even when u assign that player to stay with a certain man, Live didn't have this problem.
Switching defenders has nothing to do with spacing

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #42
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

One thing I hope he brings to 2K is the running animation from Live. You must be thinking I lost it, but no. What I mean is that if you look at how Roy Hibbert, for example, is running in Live - it's just like his real life running style (forget that everyone runs like that in the other game).

I hope that some day there will be several different running animations, so we can choose one running style for each player. Wouldn't it be great to have this?
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #43
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
One thing I hope he brings to 2K is the running animation from Live. You must be thinking I lost it, but no. What I mean is that if you look at how Roy Hibbert, for example, is running in Live - it's just like his real life running style (forget that everyone runs like that in the other game).

I hope that some day there will be several different running animations, so we can choose one running style for each player. Wouldn't it be great to have this?

Well what you really mean is, 2k players sprint like the NFL2k players do.. which isnt shocking since some of them are likely on the team.

I also would like to see them run like athletes and not like theyre weighed down with invisible equipment
Old 08-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #44
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Something I would like to see from live is the interior defense.when your strategy was to play zone and stop pip lovers it worked because Durant wasn't dunking on 3 of your defenders every time. 2k has had a paint scoring ease issue for years but it improved on nextgen 14.

Almost forgot the default online game speed of NG 14 is like playing sonic the hedgehog with the excessive recovery speed of defenders on the perimeter

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 08-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #45
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

if everyone runs the same speed in 2k15 this means nothing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #46
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I hope the defense improved a lot . Something's are so easy to abuse in the interior. Also charging shouldn't "suck you in " . Hope to see more misses on contested inside shots .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #47
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Scott O'Gallagher Leaves NBA Live Team to Join NBA 2K Team as Gameplay Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Something I would like to see from live is the interior defense.when your strategy was to play zone and stop pip lovers it worked because Durant wasn't dunking on 3 of your defenders every time. 2k has had a paint scoring ease issue for years but it improved on nextgen 14.

Almost forgot the default online game speed of NG 14 is like playing sonic the hedgehog with the excessive recovery speed of defenders on the perimeter

Which version of Live are you referring to? Live 14's interior defense was horrific...forget KD...Mario Chalmers could dunk through 3 defenders...the rotations were on point...but it didn't really matter because there was no contact inside 50% of the time..

Completely agree with the 2k game speed....anything 50 above felt awful to me...straight cockroach mode...
Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #48
MVP

Hmm,i dunno much about this guy. But the fact that he actually has basketball experience is gonna mean a lot. Finally an actual bball player will have some input on the core gameplay. Could be a big plus.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »