Home

Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #281
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
According to the Bears roster he's a Safety.

#29 for Chicago is S Danny McCray irl. he is a black guy with dreads. the guy in the stream was NOT Danny McCray. it was a white guy and he was about 290-300 lbs. Must be a drafted player from the simmed draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #282
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
#29 for Chicago is S Danny McCray irl. he is a black guy with dreads. the guy in the stream was NOT Danny McCray. it was a white guy and he was about 290-300 lbs. Must be a drafted player from the simmed draft.

I watched the stream again. He is a FB. Most likely from the draft as you mentioned above.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #283
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'll tread lightly so I don't come across the wrong way, having the AI in Madden make random personnel moves without context because random personnel moves with context happen in the real NFL is not providing a real NFL experience, there not even the same thing. It's no different than the David Tyree catch, retired players coming back, player injuries and host of other things that happen in real life but can lack context in Madden.

It's like saying a broken clock isn't really broken because it's "right" twice a day, lol.
How do you know they are random personal moves? They did mention they upgraded the trade logic and spent extensive time with the CPU Game Prep logic. Maybe the CPU saw David Fales as the QB of the future and spent enough XP and maybe Cutler regressed enough to where the difference between them wasn't that much (not completely out of the question Cutler is only an 86 in the game). Again though we are all debating something we don't know, no one even knows if those guys were injured or traded.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #284
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Danny McCray is a free agent next year. They probably didn't resign him and drafted a fullback and gave them his number.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #285
Rookie

The hate in this thread is over the top.

I am NOT an EA fanboy, and I think that both Madden and NCAA were unmitigated disasters on the ps3 and 360, but the improvements to CFM for this year seem substantial and significant. No single player is ever going to get everything he wants, but the general sentiment seems to be something like, "This still isn't in, ha, I knew it, EA sucks."

The sim improvements, the randomized draft class improvement, the training improvements, even name-race correlations and school prestige-elite prospect correlations -- there seems to be a HECK of a lot to be happy about this year.

And it looks like the game plays much better, too.

I suppose that my overall impression while watching that stream was, "Wow. Really cool upgrades and improvements. Seems very non-EA-like. But crap -- same horrible CFM user interface..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #286
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuccio
The hate in this thread is over the top.

I am NOT an EA fanboy, and I think that both Madden and NCAA were unmitigated disasters on the ps3 and 360, but the improvements to CFM for this year seem substantial and significant. No single player is ever going to get everything he wants, but the general sentiment seems to be something like, "This still isn't in, ha, I knew it, EA sucks."

The sim improvements, the randomized draft class improvement, the training improvements, even name-race correlations and school prestige-elite prospect correlations -- there seems to be a HECK of a lot to be happy about this year.

And it looks like the game plays much better, too.

I suppose that my overall impression while watching that stream was, "Wow. Really cool upgrades and improvements. Seems very non-EA-like. But crap -- same horrible CFM user interface..."
This last line is one of my biggest complaints with the mode. The menu system is horrible, which is something that has plagued Madden for some time now. Even the colors of it are dark, dull and dreary. But I am with you I like most of the additions they added this year, it's not perfect but I feel like I am getting my money's worth.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if I can play two player cfm with my brother and if our teams play each other can we both play in the game or is it like last year where only one of us could play that game.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #288
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps
People seem to not be getting that a CFM isn't real life. If Hester had a horrible year in Atlanta (in the CFM), and then the coach got fired and a new coach came in he could very easily be traded/cut. Happens every season in the NFL to one player or another.

Just look at the NFL from year to year. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict where players will end up. No one ever thought 2 years ago that Revis would end up on the Patriots. No one ever thought Favre would play for the Jets and Vikings. And there's a million more moves like these every year.
Exactly, that is what i like about it. The first season is like real life. You start with the current roster, then You decide who to cut and who will make the final roster. It's the NFL but it's Your team. You play that first season with pretty much true to life rosters, then in the off season changes happen. I always try to mimic real life with my Chiefs team , but if I get the opportunity to grab a stud free agent WR that is not on the team in real life, you can bet I'm grabbing him. I like the off season because it's cool to see who will end up where.

My weakness is my lack of knowledge when it comes to reading defenses, and I liked what I saw in the training mode. This may just help me win it all this year in the league I'm in. (yeah right!) Personally I can't wait for the 26th to get here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »