Home

Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #273
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
All you have to do is look at this thread to see that there obviously is still an issue with questionable CPU AI player movement and roster turnover. Some think it "could" happen. But most of us think its a bit out of control with the amount of quality players missing after 1 season simmed.

It would be nice if CFM gave us the option to turn off CPU player movement and FA signings all together. This would only be possible if you turned OFF injuries. IMO I would gladly turn off injuries to be able to stop all the roster turnover. Derrick Carr starting was on point no doubt but some of the things I saw with my Bears roster were just disappointing especially after ONLY 1 year. It just seemed that the guys that could reasonably be off the roster were still in Chicago, but the guys that are looked at as the young core foundations of the franchise were NOT.
(o-line).

Also Hester just signed a 3 year deal in Atlanta and he is already in Oakland after 1 season? IDK man that's awfully fast. I can see moving a player going into the last year of a contract but not after year 1.

Also has anyone heard anything yet on how easy it will be to control all 32 this year? Or has it not changed from last year.

I like some of the ideas from the stream but right now they mean nothing to me until I see them work correctly in game.
It sucks seeing it happen to your favorite team but it's not completely out of the question. As for the young lineman we really do need to see their depth chart to understand what was going on and why they aren't starting (i.e. injuries, scheme etc). Devin Hester will be 32 years old this year its not entirely surprising to see a team cut a 32 year old kick returner especially since after the first year of his contract the team can save money against the cap by cutting him. In the real NFL after year 1 he is only guaranteed $500,000. It was a typical older veteran prove it year to year contract.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #274
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
It's showing the Players Madden Rating. I agree, It has to be removed, don't care if it's week one. That's when previous years stats should pop-up.
Heck, pop-up the Player's profile pic, years in league & what College he went to.....something better than Madden ratings.
I wonder if they show ratings in week 1 because of rookies. They don't have previous year stats to show for them.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #275
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
It sucks seeing it happen to your favorite team but it's not completely out of the question. As for the young lineman we really do need to see their depth chart to understand what was going on and why they aren't starting (i.e. injuries, scheme etc). Devin Hester will be 32 years old this year its not entirely surprising to see a team cut a 32 year old kick returner especially since after the first year of his contract the team can save money against the cap by cutting him. In the real NFL after year 1 he is only guaranteed $500,000. It was a typical older veteran prove it year to year contract.
Just out of curiosity, why keep referencing real NFL personnel moves in relation to what happened in the CFM stream, when most likely CFM has no way of representing those moves, in most of these ways? If I'm not misunderstanding those that are concerned about those CFM moves shown, it's about the legacy issue of a lack of why they happen in Madden, not a question of if they ever occur in real life, apples and oranges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #276
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just out of curiosity, why keep referencing real NFL personnel moves in relation to what happened in the CFM stream, when most likely CFM has no way of representing those moves, in most of these ways? If I'm not misunderstanding those that are concerned about those CFM moves shown, it's about the legacy issue of a lack of why they happen in Madden, not a question of if they ever occur in real life, apples and oranges.
All I read about in every thread here is how people want a real NFL experience. The game is providing one (whether intentionally programmed or a legacy issue) and then people say "there is no way my team would do that in real life ever". I keep reading comments of how this would never happen in the real NFL, I am pointing out that it does happen. People want the real thing until they realize the grass isn't always greener.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 08-09-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #277
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
It does scare me that they said the AI will make more trades. I'm fine with it as long as they are realistic, but I don't know with the comment about an increase in trades.

Exactly they don't need the AI to be making more trades, they just need the trades that they do make to actually make sense. The intelligence and ability to make sound football decisions of the AI GM needs to be increased.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #278
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
It's showing the Players Madden Rating. I agree, It has to be removed, don't care if it's week one. That's when previous years stats should pop-up.
Heck, pop-up the Player's profile pic, years in league & what College he went to.....something better than Madden ratings.
Yeah, the madden ratings totally kill all immersion. Its just smacks you in the face and reminds you you're playing a video game.

Heck, even listing the player's favorite food or his girlfriends first name would be better than his ratings.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #279
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
All I read about in every thread here is how people want a real NFL experience. The game is providing one (whether intentionally programmed or a legacy issue) and then people say "there is no way my team would do that in real life ever". People want the real thing until they realize the grass isn't always greener.
I'll tread lightly so I don't come across the wrong way, having the AI in Madden make random personnel moves without context because random personnel moves with context happen in the real NFL is not providing a real NFL experience, there not even the same thing. It's no different than the David Tyree catch, retired players coming back, player injuries and host of other things that happen in real life but can lack context in Madden.

It's like saying a broken clock isn't really broken because it's "right" twice a day, lol.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #280
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Let's all hope he is a FB lol. With the way EA he is probably a CB....
According to the Bears roster he's a Safety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »