Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #257
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Couldn't be more disappointed. Can't stand drafting guys like "Leon Sandcastle" I want real rookies I want my franchise to last longer than 1 year. 2k has it and still has a ridiculous amount of success even with NBA live competing with them.

Don't see why the IR isn't correct and the practice squad is still a no go. Obviously there are a lot of good things that Madden has included but still some of this stuff just doesn't make sense. What sucks is that no matter how mad we are, there are no other football games and we will buy this game anyway. Oh well, maybe one day.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #258
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
So, you want the old season mode where you just play one season, no draft, no FA, no offseason? Correct? Can you not just start a CFM save file, end it after the super bowl and start a new one? And if you want to control all 32 teams but you don't want the tedious effort to do it, just do it once and save the file there and use it as a base. It's still there, you just gotta use the game's resources.

do you know how long that takes to do? I do I have done it. It sucks. and after the real NFL season gets going there are always players that come out of no where that weren't on the roster at the time you make that base saved file so really it just not worth the time and effort to do this. Why cant it be made easier? Why did NCAA 14, made by the same company, put a "quick season" mode in the game when they already have dynasty? They did it for guys like me that don't wanna sift through all the off field stuff. Why do you need to create 32 separate profiles to control all 32 in offline CFM? Is there a reason or just bad design?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #259
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I like what I see so far, even though my in-game ticker doesn't seem to be in. They have sold me!

One question, though. Has there been any word on playoff tiebreakers? As someone who was burned by this in the past, I very much hope that it isn't determined by alphabetical order anymore.
There's an article on Tradition Sports Online that says playoff tiebreakers have been "officially fixed".

Quote:
Tiebreakers are officially fixed in Madden 15. While each cycle they have gotten better, the tiebreakers have not mimicked how the NFL utilizes them. This is a big factor in creating a more "friendly" CFM. Being on the wrong end of the spectrum, I know for a fact it is not pleasant feeling "jipped" from the playoffs.

Last edited by Hooe; 08-06-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #260
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainTrain43
- You can fire coaches during the season....but does it matter? I still have yet to see a Madden game where coaches even make a real difference. Coaches need to affect how fast certain positions progress, how they draft, sign free agents, respond to adversity, etc... The coach prestige thing is a step in the right direction, but not enough.
Starting with Madden NFL 13 and continuing in Madden NFL 25, head coaches do affect, per-position, player XP rewards for weekly goals (i.e. player progression), likelihood of player retirement, and likelihood of signing a free agent player during offseason free agency. Presumably, all of those abilities remain in Madden NFL 15.

These effects were all simple in the previous two Madden games; whether a positive effect was present was dependent upon the coach having purchased with XP a modifier which enabled the trait. For example, a user-controlled head coach could buy a QB Development modifier which increased XP gains for all QBs on his team who achieve weekly progression goals, or a RB retirement modifier which made RBs less likely to retire in the offseason, and so on.

Last edited by Hooe; 08-06-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #261
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
do you know how long that takes to do? I do I have done it. It sucks. and after the real NFL season gets going there are always players that come out of no where that weren't on the roster at the time you make that base saved file so really it just not worth the time and effort to do this. Why cant it be made easier? Why did NCAA 14, made by the same company, put a "quick season" mode in the game when they already have dynasty? They did it for guys like me that don't wanna sift through all the off field stuff. Why do you need to create 32 separate profiles to control all 32 in offline CFM? Is there a reason or just bad design?
There is a reason, it's CONNECTED franchise. The mode is supposed to be for both offline and online, and some things are sacfriced. That's my reasoning and what I've heard thrown around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #262
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Only wants to play a single season mode... complains about draft problems. I got nothing.

This game will never satisfy you.

Not true bud. I would love to play through a season and draft the real rookies like we USED to be able to. An edited draft class would work just as well. If this wasn't possible with CCM/CFM then maybe CFM/CCM is a failure. I say this because its looking like the "logic" with CCM/CFM supposedly wouldn't work.

Why wasn't this thought of when CFM/CCM was born/created/designed?? This should have been possible from day 1 imo along with editing ratings inan offline CFM.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #263
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
It wasn't just season mode that you could EASILY control all the things im talking about. You keep saying 06 but the old school franchise also let you do it, after 06. Yea I would replay the season over and over with different teams or play all the games on a schedule that I felt like. And it was easy. Ever since CFM/CCM came along it has restricted everything a lot of us used to enjoy in playing a season/seasons. NCAA 14 added a beautiful season mode last year that a lot of people enjoyed. Maybe Madden needs to do the same. Im just not interested in a football RPG. To me with out having the opportunity to edit draft classes and draft real rookies there is no point in playing past one year. Kinda kills the immersion to draft a white cornerback named Artrelle Patterson. Kinda kills the realism when you let the cpu control a team and they release one of their better players after training camp.

I also said I was happy for those who were happy for the CFM info so I have no idea why you have such an issue with what I was saying. Asking to be able to turn off the off the field fluff isn't really complaining IMO just a request. Seems to me like your trying to pick an OS fight with your wise *** comments..and that's funny
Nah man, not trying to pick a fight. Just trying to understand where you were coming from, and I didn't play Madden on Xbox or PS2 after 06 so I'm not familiar with features that continued on.

My point about complaining was meant in jest (see the bit about "half of OS"), but obviously was worded poorly. My fault. Hope you find what you're looking for in Madden eventually.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #264
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Any word on auto subs?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »