Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #145
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, the changes look good!

I loved this part:

CPU teams have extensive logic that determines what they work on every week. Bad teams will focus mostly on developing their players, while contenders will focus on confidence first and then earn XP if confidence isn’t an issue.
My question about this:

Is this strictly based on team overall or how the team is actually doing? If a team with a low overall gets off to a good start and is winning the division at the halfway point, will they continue to just go for XP or will they then convert to trying to just be prepared every week? Likewise, if a team has high expectations but gets off to an 0-5 start, will they "pack it in" and start going for XP to get ready for next year? I'm hoping it will be dynamic like that.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #146
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
No they were sued for shipping the game with player likenesses. Courts ruled a few years ago that professional athletes don't have protection of their names, only their virtual likeness. This is how games like Front Office Football and OOTP can ship games with full rosters and not have to worry about obtaining a license from the NFLPA or MLBPA, but they can't ship the games with real logos or uniforms because those licenses are owned by the NFL and MLB respectively.

Being able to edit names doesn't have anything to do with the NCAA lawsuit and it doesn't even come close to being a legal issue.
ESPN (and the actual lawsuit) disagrees with you:

"Though names are not visible on player jerseys in the video games, the lawsuit contends EA Sports intentionally circumvents the prohibitions on utilizing student-athletes' names by allowing gamers to upload entire rosters, which include players' names and other information, directly into the game in a matter of seconds."
Old 08-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #147
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I understand what you are saying but how realistic is that? If a guy is sitting at home in week 8 of the NFL season and the Patriots call him and say we need you to come play WR for us, his confidence is going to be either very high or neutral. He isn't going to walk into the locker room depressed and unsure of himself.
When you take into consideration that confidence is a loosely used term to describe ratings increases and decreases, it's very realistic. If you just go sign a QB off the street to start week eight, he's not going to get ratings boosts because he's happy to have a job and now he gets to play. Yes going to struggle and go throw some serious issues if you just throw him to the fire until he gets acclimated.

Look at Josh Freeman for the Vikings last year. They got him, through him in there immediately and he was like 20 of 53 passing. All this confidence rating is is a glorified hot/cold system.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #148
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck22

The redesigned uniforms have me intrigued, i wonder while relocating if we have the ability to choose any team we want or if its still restricted by location. For example i may like the Brooklyn Bulls Logo,Uniform but i may want to use them in San Antonio, id like to be able to do that more options is always better. i may want to move a team to London but if i dont like any of the logos or uniforms then i probably wont.

I would have liked to hear something about Elite older QBs, with both Brady and Brees talking about playing into their mid 40s (however unlikely) its a little disheartening seeing both guys gone in CFM after a year. Maybe let them get to 40-43. And speaking of old players i hope i dont see ray Lewis coming out of retirement at 50 like before.
Your two points is something I want to know about as well. The relocation thing, yes being able to choose any team name regardless of the city would be a very welcome addition. I also noticed they said that you may be better off building a new stadium, or relocating. In M25, the only way you could build a new stadium is by relocating, and you couldn't just build a brand new one in the same city. Does that mean we actually can build a new stadium in our current city?

Early retirements and players come out of retirement just killed CFM for me last year. Brady has said he plans on playing for quite a while, Brees is probably going to play for a long time as well. Yet somehow in Madden, it seems they had it based upon age. Age should be a factor but not the overall factor. Just stop with the players coming out of retirement, Favre was just a crazy old bat who couldn't make up his mind. Every other player has stayed retired. Keep it that way, and make it so we can keep a player from retiring, more money, promise of a SB, etc some incentive to make him stay.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #149
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

was really hoping for a live stream to see all this in action.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #150
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
When you take into consideration that confidence is a loosely used term to describe ratings increases and decreases, it's very realistic. If you just go sign a QB off the street to start week eight, he's not going to get ratings boosts because he's happy to have a job and now he gets to play. Yes going to struggle and go throw some serious issues if you just throw him to the fire until he gets acclimated.

Look at Josh Freeman for the Vikings last year. They got him, through him in there immediately and he was like 20 of 53 passing. All this confidence rating is is a glorified hot/cold system.
He's not getting a ratings boost in the game either, he's going to start off at the baseline confidence level of 50 which is neutral, unless I understand the system wrong.

That's also only one player example. I could counter with Sealver Siliga of the Patriots. He was signed and became an immediate full time starter and finished the year with a sack in 3 straight games.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #151
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

"Though names are not visible on player jerseys in the video games, the lawsuit contends EA Sports intentionally circumvents the prohibitions on utilizing student-athletes' names by allowing gamers to upload entire rosters, which include players' names and other information, directly into the game in a matter of seconds."
Interesting, as I had never seen this. What is crazy to me is that ''gamers...upload (and edit) rosters''. In other words, EA wasn't doing it, they were just supposed to prevent people from editing? That logic is so weak, because it also eliminates editing that is pure random, fantasy or fictional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #152
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

That might be what the lawsuit says from the prosecution's perspective, but what did the judges actually legislate their decisions on? Find that and get back to me. It has been ruled in numerous courts, and is displayed evidently in games like OOTP and FOF, that people do not own the rights to their names and only their likeness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »